What is the happiest youve ever been?

What is the happiest youve ever been?

As a kid probably, don't remember it much now.

I have some ups and downs playing video games but apart from that my life is an objective failure and I'll probably hammer down a bottle of spirits then jump from a high building, but I'll wait until my parents are both dead (They're in their 70s at the moment and one is in the later stages of alzheimer's so it may not be long)

I get roughly 4 hours of extreme happiness each day...

Then I wake up

The happiest moment of my life occurred in 1996 when I was 10 years old.

It was Christmas eve. There was not a cloud in the sky and the cool winter air made the stars shine brighter than normal. I was laying in the soft grass in my Great Grandfather's house, in awe staring into the vast abyss of space. I had no worries at all, nothing to be afraid of. I would give up everything I've worked so hard for to try to bring back that feeling, if only for one more chance to experience the comfort of that night.

Jezzus fuck. i can't remember...

In the dreams of when I'm dying

I've never been happy

New Year's Eve 1997-98. Best night of my life. Then 1998 was a damn good year.

In my dreams. Never really been happy before in real life.

What a bunch of sadsacks ITT!! [in this thread]

2012, really wished the mayans were right and the world ended that year

As pathetic as it sounds, I was happiest when the girl that has kept me sane for years now told me that she loved me. It felt weird, my heart felt like it sank, but it felt great to know the love was reciprocated.

Cant remember but I was pretty happy and had a ok life before i became socially autistic

2007 -2008 was the best for me

christmas of 2003 (born 1993). My father, dressed as santa knocked on the door. i opened the door i saw him and even though i knew it was him, i was feeling so scared and excited...he gave me a lot of presents but i mostly remember a huge bionicle robot which was so awesome... 2 years later my parents divorced and i havemt seen him since then, ehich makes this memory even sadder - more beautiful...

When i still had the naive child outlook.
I'll get back to this when i think of a more specific answer

Playing WoW for the first time

Summer of 2006
Slept every single day and didn't have a care in the world
No responsibilities, no job, no school, plenty of time and money to do as I pleased
Sleeping and the afterglow that comes when you wake up is the best thing in life bar none

The summer of 2009. I spent the summer with my friend who was a small weed dealer for some spending money. I was basically his driver whenever i was free and he let me smoke with him for free. One day we ended up smoking like 6 blunts within 5 hours. I was sitting in his den watching Seinfeld and smiling so hard my face was hurting. I have never felt as happy as I was that day and I also realized that I've never been happy/positive without aid.

1996, hands down.

I'm older than most of you, mid 30s.

I don't know if you guys realize this, but the 90s were very different culturally. We were still a *mostly* free country with modern-ish technology (internet existed but it was slow dial up). There was a much more peaceful ambiance than today, in the age of paranoia and the surveillance state. Rock music was still the dominant musical scene (this shifted towards rap around 1998), even pop songs were rock based rather than rap based.

I was having so many great times with my friends. I grew up in a upper middle class family drinking with my buddies in unfinished new subdivision homes wandering around at midnight.....

then in 1998 my 2 closest friends died in the same car wreck and things got much darker very quickly.... but I think if I stayed on the 1996 trajectory, things could have been excellent.

I have no recollection of these feelings

Dancing with the girl I loved. It only lasted 15 seconds b4 i ran off out of embarrasment. But it was the happiest moment of my life. 8 years later I still haven't forgotten that.

And hello fellow 90s bro

im reading all these memories of yours and i really feel something when i read each and every one them...i feel a nostalgic warmth soo good... i was born early 90s and i really believe that the 90s is the most beautiful era in human history

i am 1996 best year confirmed

Hearing "I love you" from the one I love most for the first time. Too bad I never will hear those words again from them.

You ever put a dollar into a vending machine and it gives you two Fritos by accident?

fuck...I can relate to this too much

Another fond memory of mine is that we'd always be wondering around my friends upscale neighborhood late at night and getting smashed or smoking weed. We walked down to Cracker Barrel late at night after consuming like a fifth and a half between the two of us. We were smoking cigars at Cracker Barrel real late at night eating cheese fries and getting strange looks (we were 14). We snuck in a Radisson hotel early in the morning for the continental breakfast and coffee and a cop was in there eating and didn't give us so much as a look. He had to know we were underage and drunk, but we weren't making a scene so he didn't care (90s mentality, don't hurt anyone and you can do whatever you want, parents like his would frequently say you can drink, just do it over here and don't get behind the wheel).

I miss those days.

OP here,
I will say my happiest.. was when I was younger. Maybe 18. Going on 25 now. I Watched my father for years drink and sit alone in rooms never wanting to be bothered. Always resented it but could never figure out why he did it. As I got older I slowly began to understand why some people grow colder throughout life. Family dies, friends die, life and the world unravels itself in its purest form to you. It makes you numb.. and you dont want to feel anything again, so you stay numb and grow colder. THere are many days I never reply to people, I want to be left alone. I sit in dark rooms drinking and thinking of life without ever opening up to someone. I have become the exact manifestation of my father. I understand him now, I want to stop. So I grow colder, sit on my computer and hate myself for no reason. Some call it a disorder, but its kept me almost sane for a while. I want to feel like I did when I was younger, not less stress no I can handle that. I just want to forget what the world and life is really like.

The first time I kissed the love of my life
> Be me 16
>drunk and stoned
>on my way to night school, cuz I fucked off the first two years of high school
> just landed my first 360 flip
>see my new gf at the park next to school
>sitting next to each other
>car horn sounds
>look to see
>some kid almost got ran over by a soccer mom
>turn back to look at gf
>lips lock
>kiss felt like it lasted hours, but probably only lasted about a minute
purejoy.jpg

cringy, but that actually makes alot of sense. We feel you Sup Forumsrother

I love you user

...god damnit

In indoor drumline, went to WGI championship and placed 9th in clss PSA.

>early years of high school
>laying in bed with my eyes closed
>so close to passing out I can't open my eyes, also high from smoking a j previously
>talking to a guy, who essentially was my long-distance bf, over internet
>he keeps forcing me to respond so i don't fall asleep
>he keeps saying cute things to keep my attention
>I pull my pillow in as if it was him I was hugging
>so much bliss that I accidentally say "I love you"
>he doesn't hesitate to say it back, he doesn't even find it out of the ordinary

Neither of us ever came out the closet. I fucked up every relationship I've ever had because it never satisfied me to half of the extent of that relationship (used to think that I just didn't fuck with girls), but he's now happy with his gf.

>the internet helped me meet someone whos more compatible with me than anyone I've ever met in real life
>tfw that person sees it as a passing interest

>best friend and I hang out with his gf and go to a few parties
>end up going to a grad party in the house of a mob family
>leave after a bit after i piss on the house outside because everyone's too drunk to notice and the bathrooms are occupied
>drop off friends gf
>go see a buddy cop movie (really late at this point)
>movie finishes, we hang out and smoke at this plaground near his house

Man that was a great night.

I want to believe that I can remember the 90s. Being only 10 at the turn of the century I cant say that my consciousness was awakened enough to really understand the times. Except for the twin tower thing, that was cool.

1997. Comet Hale-Bopp in the sky. Steady job. Single. Art Bell talking crazy shit on the radio. FF7. Solitude.

I guess this is something everyone can relate to and answer as well.. I dont think ill ever love someone or catch a fondness like I did for my first love. Ended at 19, sitting here at 22. Girls have come and gone but nothing seems the same anymore. Everyone lets go, fuck I sure as hell did. I just know that I need to admit it and know others feel the same. Knowing there will never be a love that radiant, makes me think this is all without cause.

Happiness is fleeting and comes in waves. The human mind is designed to fail itself.

Hey man I get that. I used to be the same. just find something that you genuinely love doing. Make connections with people who also love doing that thing. The only meaning or fun that you'll get out of life is whatever you create for yourself.

I got to spend the whole day with the woman I love yesterday. That was pretty good.

She is probably spending Christmas with her boyfriend right now.

We all need the truth sometimes, thank you.

first kiss

finding people who I connect with, brother thats why I am here.

Fuck, i don't remember writing this post, or if you are other user but you sound exactly like me, a failure on earth.

I mean, unless you could just buy dopamine and a syringe. O.Ding on it would probably be the best way to die.

When I'm asleep and dreaming.

Video games dont immerse me and take me away from this world like they used to. This sounds so shitty but.. I keep trying to immerse myself deeper so I bought the htc vive. Sometimes when I take that fucking headset off I want to just either die or stay in that world forever.

when I play a riff/solo just right

Eh, the very very less-heavy less-painful short version is I moved away from home when I was 17 because nobody here, even family, can accept certain things about me. Fast forward several years of successes & failures, mental illnesses & recoveries, and I was living overseas, getting my master's degree.

My life was fucking great there. I was making good money, on my own, and my degree was going to guarantee me a visa to stay forever. Fell in love with the most beautiful guy on the planet. Best friends, best home, best prospects, all accomplished with my own hard work, personality, and creativity. The day I finished my $100k, 2-year degree, the government changed the visa requirements that I had been working toward the whole time. I no longer qualified. With a few weeks notice I had to quit my job, get rid of all my shit, move out of my home, and leave. I ended-up moving back to my home town, sleeping in my brother's basement some days and my friend's and parents house other days.

The shittest thing is we always thought I had it all figured-out, and when shit fell-through he got really upset about it. The only way I could have stayed was for him to sponsor me as his bf, which requires us to live together and subjects his family to internviews to confirm out relationship. But, his family is just like mine. So he felt completely blackmailed. So, I never spoke to him again and left the country forever. It's great paying this debt for this overseas degree for the rest of my life, too.

But that was my happiest time, and I'm paying dearly for it now.

>just buy dopamine and a syringe
I would try it. For science.

You do make a good point though. For most people happiness comes and goes in varying intensities. For the clinically depressed this isn't the case. So finding the right drugs may be their only chance at being happy.

Honestly, it would probably be better if you found some local people to hang out with. There isn't the same level of support and comfort online as there is outside.

Fall of 2015, the last year my favorite music festival was at my favorite venue. Met so many amazing people I'm still friends with to this day, not to mention all the friends I'd already had who were there and one of the best general festival families around. Consumed a mixture of mushrooms, MDMA, THC, alcohol and a very large amount of LSD over the course of the weekend. The last night I ate 6 hits of L, 5 of which I ate at once, and drank until sunrise. I remember dancing on the beach, the sun on my back, bag of wine in my hand, bass rocking my body, brain running a mile a minute on some extremely potent gel tabs.That moment, and that weekend, was definitely one of my happiest.

One day we will find a peace in this world together. Unfortunately, mine will be when im underground. I hope you dont share the same fate.

When kurt cobain died i was 0 years old

Dad beat me as a kid, and im a failure now. I dont really remember the last time I was happy, maybe 2 days ago when I ordered dominos.

sorry brother

I was just chillin in the park in 2012. I didn't have many weed dealers but this one dude came through it was dope. He dropped me off some shit, said it was some silver haze. Smoked it and went back home. I open up my computer and feel a great warmth but also gigglyness coming up throughout my whole body. I turn on and start watching the music video for xxyyxx about you. See the smoke coming out of the mask. Highest I have ever been in my whole life. And also happiest. I dont find much happness naturally unless im playing my favorite sport, soccer

Fuck I'm old

OP here
I felt somewhat connected to all your stories. Felt a part of them for just a moment. Thank you all, sometimes its a comfort and a help to know that there are many out there that understand. I love you fucking faggots.

nigguh, I'm 41

Good for you, user!

Look back to when you were out on your own for the first time. Connect back to the exact moment you realized what this world and life was truly like. When your consciousness fully came into play and you had no other choice but to accept this life or do something about it. Go back to that moment, and tell me. Is this life worth it.

Ar yu a wizard?

I was 22 by the way, am only 24 now, so I definitely don't feel like I've peaked like a lot of you sad sods living in the past. Not that my childhood was bad, although my adolescence somewhat sucked dick so I guess I'm just letting loose now to compensate a bit for that.

Freshman year of high school, pretty much first night out - had been eyeing this girl that was in our group of friends that was going out. Traversed a few miles to get to some shitty MIT frat party. I'll never forget catching her staring at me on the cheesy, mirror-covered walls. Eye fucking each other the whole time, although that didn't last long. Went up to her and without saying anything we kind of both knew it was time to go. Two other people in our group came along with us for the walk back to our campus. As we were approaching her apartment, I gave my friend the hint it was time for him to leave - the other girl that was with us left at that point, too. We stood on her steps and she asked the question I had been waiting for; "so do you want to come in?". "You want me to come in and I don't even have your number?" I joked. We went up to her room, after kicking out her roommates we started hooking up, undressing, getting into her top bunk. She tells me she's a virgin - I'm shocked but thank her for telling me. Looking back, four years later, I should have been more dubious about that claim. Regardless, I had one of the best nights of my life just laying in her bed, doing everything sexual besides sex, talking about our lives, our similar music tastes, how we both were unaware we other had feelings for each other. I told her she was good at hiding her feelings for me in our brief encounters prior to that night, and she responded reciprocally. I fell in love with her that night, in that room, in that bed. A few days later, we started dating. Those first two or so weeks were perfect and I would give anything to have them all back. Long story short, things worked out for eight months - we were inseparable - then she left for summer on the west coast, and I went home to NY. We both sobbed right before she left - I'll never forget her last goodbye. Something changed in her once she left. Broke up via phone a month later. Think about her every day.

Nice dubs [repeated numbers]

I was a shut in when I was younger. Sup Forums was basically my home. Puberty hit me at its peak at 18, late bloomed as fuck. Grew to be half good looking unlike my cave dwelling internet browsing teen years. So now I go out every weekend, get as fucked up as possible. I party like theres no fucking tomorrow for the sake of doing it. This life style sucked me in and I dont want to leave. Why? Because everything, even the dirt in the cracks of the pavement is overwhelmingly exciting.

Sounds like my future...

I feel you 100% man. There's just something about it, out at a show or a festival or the afters, high out of your mind with a throng of like-minded individuals surrounding you, all contributing to one glorious moment of debauchery after another. Its one of the few contexts where I can really stop worrying so damn much about everything and just follow the flow wherever it takes me, and it is in those brief stints of enlightened existence that I feel most free and happy.

Fuck all the bullshit, life is too short not to be high as fuck in front of a subwoofer for a good portion of it.

Every December, enjoying the last festive moments until seasonal depression hits you like a train in January and February

4 kids....so no wizard powers

Jesus dude that's fucking awful, I hope things got/get better

What the fuck is happy?

>be me
>freshman year
>crushing on girl since spring of last year, never could find out how to ask her out
>been trying to work how for months, dreaming of her, losing hours of sleep a night
>awkward, outcast nerd. People always joked we could go out, because we were both smartest kids in junior high
>One day in freshman year rolls around
>On my way to math, see her alone at locker getting stuff for next period
>Losingspaghetti.jpg, nearly drop books
>About to turn into class before brain says "Fuck you user, do it"
>Swoop in, leaning against locker.
>"Hey."
>"Hey user!"
>Literally nearly black out
>"I... uh... really liked you last year. Heh..."
>"..."
>"Um... did you wanna go out with me?"
>"Uh... I'll think about."
>"...thanks!"
Literally shaking as I walk into class. She turned me down the next day, and dates some scrawny insecure beta faggot now who rubs it in every chance he gets that he's fucked her once or twice and just tries to make me look bad. She's not the same person anymore, I'm over her. Still, the fact I sucked it up and actually did something with myself still gets me everytime. Kinda suicidal now, but looking back always gives me that
"You did that" vibe.
Still remember the date, December 11th.

Broke up with a crazy chick 2 years ago. Hooked up with a married chick and fucked her silly for about a month until the guy she was messing around with before me went and ratted her out to her husband. Fucked our little arrangement up.

When I discovered I was bi

A rose.

>Is this life worth it.
Yeah, it's worth it. But here's the thing: it ain't fucking free. Being happy requires a lot of work. For one you need to exercise. We are fucking hunter-gatherers that have become penned up in cubicles and fast food establishments while living sedentary lives. We are supposed to be running mammoths and antelopes to death. You have to move your body regularly. This is one ingredient to happiness.

I only know because I recently relived it in a dream.

It was at a time in my life when everything seemed to be going well. I had a good job which I enjoyed; I worked hard, long hours but they paid me very well. I lived in a nice apartment in a good neighborhood, nothing too fancy but spacious, comfortable and clean. I didn't own a whole lot of expensive material things, but I had everything I needed. I had a circle of great, trustworthy, funny friends with whom I enjoyed spending time and frequently went on cool adventures, and knew a lot of other great people as well. My mother was still alive, and although she lived far away, we spoke often and were never closer. Same with my brother, sisters and cousins. I was a healthy, happy young man in my prime, with no worries to speak of.

I was behind the wheel of my recently purchased white RX-7 convertible, with the top down on a gorgeous sunny summer day, on the way to the ocean for the weekend. Beside me was my beautiful blonde girlfriend, also recently acquired, in her bikini and cut-offs, laughing and singing along to the great music playing on the stereo. In the trunk was a cooler full of beer, wine and delicious food. In my backpack was a big bag of primo bud, and in my hand was a nice fat joint I was just about to light up. My inner voice said, "Man, it doesn't get much better than this." At that moment it dawned on me: I was happier than I'd ever been.

Since it's Christmas, I won't tell you how my life fell apart over the following years, but will end this story right there.

When i got an invited to the 2014 NHL entry draft.

When the net amount of things that decrease your mood are eclipsed by the net amount of things that improve your mood. The more your net mood improvers eclipse the net mood decreasers, the more happy you are. So happiest moments would typically be moments where you have very few or no mood decreasing things and many mood improving things.

Naw user, don't say that! Anything can happen man.

How so user? Just be mindful of the risks you take, usually they don't go compeltely tits-up (even if they don't work-out perfectly) but sometimes, obviously, they can blow up in your face.

Thanks friend. I'm working on that right now in fact. I might be going back in fact. Scared as hell about it too.

When my best friend came to visit me for 10 days. I only have online friends, and after 4 years of speaking all the time she finally wanted to meet me irl. It was the best time of my life. After spending pretty much my entire teen years being stuck in my room alone with no friends, I finally had a friend to go out and do stuff with. We went to the cinema, to a theme park, out to eat, mostly just chilled inside playing video games and watching netflix. Despite having a bf she hugged me loads, rested her head against me a few times when we watched stuff, and even cuddled up to me once, physical contact that felt a bit more than typical friend stuff. She had a bf though, and she'd rejected me before so I never tried anything. inb4 beta fag. It felt like I'd made up for all the lonely depressed years of missing out on good times with friends. Not heard from her in a couple of months now, spends all her time with her new friends and makes no effort to contact me. I'm back to where I was before but I think about those 10 days all the time.

Its important to remember that as quickly as things can go to shit, they can just as easily get better. It all happens at once and before you can even notice it your entire life has changed for the better/worse. Don't get too caught up in the momentary bullshit because its all impermanent, and life has a way of tearing apart the carefully crafted plans of men. Not that plans are a waste of time, but I think better to have a heading, a direction to head, and avoid overplanning where its unnecessary. Roll with the punches and don't take good fortune for granted. We will all of us endure hardship and joy, but when the times do get hard must survive to see the pendulum swing back.

I've never experienced happiness and never will.

Every now and then I have a rush of utter bliss and happiness that just makes me so giddy I can't help but laugh. I'm in the best moments of my life.

I have a new PC. There's no game that it can't handle. I am currently free enough to sit in front of it for the whole day. When I'm in front of this monitor, I am the happiest man on Earth. I can't think of any conceivable way in which there's someone who can be as blesses as I am right now. I'm warm, I have great food, I'm healthy, and I have my beloved computer to keep me company forever. I wish this could last forever.

Reading to the thread it's easy to see most people are very miserable. I am special, since I have a gift; I'm a schizoid. Romance? Can't understand it, dunno why anyone would ever want it. Company? Highly overrated. A good game beats any friendship bar none. People say they feel "alone"; and I don't understand them. When you're alone you get to do what you want. I get the misery of having no money, no internet, no food; shit sounds terrible. With those things, though? I cannot even begin to fathom how are they not insanely happy.

My wish is that I can maintain this lifestyle for years to come. That's all I ever want. Give me ten more years of this and I'll die with a smile on my face.

liar

Continue, pls

You have the mentality of a greedy child. Your psyche sounds like it was stunted sometime long ago. Material things will not bring you lasting happiness. When those things are gone, as you say, misery will come to you.

Late sophomore year of college. I was away from home, living with all my friends, looking for an apartment with my roommate, and I got laid for the first time by the girl of my dreams. I miss that entire year really.

>be me
>3 weeks till I'm 18
>last year of high school
>winter holidays (on july because argentina)
>female friend invites me to her house around 8pm
>know her since i'm 16
>met her on the street iirc we bumped into each other and started talking
>been good pals, talk to each other almost each day about anything
>nothing else, except we share every single of our tastes on music and stuff, even philosophy
>PUNK NIETZSCHEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEE
soo, going back to the story...
>I was a smackhead back then
>I walk to her house with some heroine 'cuz I was going to take it so y not
>she tells me she's into drugs (morph I think) and thought she'd ask me for help because it was consuming her
>lolwut.jpg
>she wanted to tell that to me in person and had just gotten the idea, hence why I was there at that time
>I show her I have heroine and propose "let's make this our last time"
>she doesn't believe im a junkie, thinks I'm joking
>nor I do about her
>we laugh, she agrees
>we decide it's better to have a good last time so we inject
>gandalfhasnomemoryofthisplace.png cuz were smacked
>I remember we were already cuddling no idea how that started tho
>keep doing so for a while
>*cuddling intensifies*
>she grabs my I head and closes her eyes, I laugh as I thought she was still high af
>pulls me closer and starts crying
>hug
>tells me she's glad we can go through this together
>I decide to go for it
>close my eyes and kiss her
>kisses me back
>talk about how bad we felt but since we had each other we were ok
>we keep kissing for a while
>suddenly it's 2am
>I fell asleep on the couch (were on the floor before)
>woke up 8am, find out she slept with me
>hug her
>be like that for an hour until she wakes up
>we hug/kiss
>talk how good being together might be, since we are happy even if we're not on drugs

1/2/?

dayum

I'm at my happiest right now. I'm pretty happy.

At first I thought it was the time when I graduated highschool. Now I look back and realize it was the excitement I experienced when I first started kindergarten.

Last year, around November

>be me
>be hanging out with close friend
>6/10 face but she has the perfect body type that im into
>we get high as fuck at her house
>parents aren't home
>we just sit there cuddling and we make out a few times
>this happens all night and we fall asleep in eachothers arms

My life got shittier after that, ive been in a depressed state ever since

The year was 2001

I was but a young lad of nine years

I was in a movie theater with my mother

On the screen was playing perhaps the greatest single piece of cinema ever devised by man

A glorious film by the name:
>Shrek

I think we can all agree that, no matter how old we were when Shrek aired, it was all downhill from there

when i was finally able to unleash the full fury of my anus after a week of constipation.
it was like the fucking spirit bomb