Charlie Kaufman Says ‘Anamolisa’ Didn’t Help His Career Like He Hoped It Would

>Charlie Kaufman Says ‘Anamolisa’ Didn’t Help His Career Like He Hoped It Would

theplaylist.net/charlie-kaufman-says-anamolisa-didnt-help-career-like-hoped-20160704/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Why don't you support truly great films, Sup Forums?

Anomalisa was a disappointing shit movie.

>"IT'S STOP-MOTION BUT LIKE REALLY SERIOUS AND ADULT!"
Eat shit, pretentious faggot. I hope he hangs himself.

hey, don't look at me. i saw it in theaters and bought the bluray.

Anomalisa was his weakest movie.

It was a fine movie that alienated most normal movie-goers with not enough substance to satiate anyone else.

charlie's like a worse, screenwriting version of andy

while andy was unapologetically delving the root of humor and the human need to suspend disbelief in hope, andy has been misusing the kaufman name to spread the hopelessness of natural human misery and spread, like a shitbutte r on the bread of life, the fact of capitalistic struggle in inhumane reality

I thought it was pretty good given its budget.

It was a gimmicky movie.

Also I preferred when he mixed things up like in Adaptation and Malkovich.

Now he's just doing depressing dreary navelgazing movies that only have one tone no matter how smart they are.

Kaufman is a meme from the early 00s, he had his big moment of fame, but that's over.

I guess he sorta tries to branch out, but I think people are tired of these pseudo intellectual flicks about how rotten human nature is and how everyone is lonely and shit.
People liked his movies because the directors had innovative styles.

Todd Solondz and him should just jack each other off in a garage somewhere.

I should really watch it I guess.

i saw it in a theater and i liked it, recommended t to friends etc., sorry kauf, did evertything i could :(

it's still great

Human Nature was his weakest movie. That's a pile best forgotten.

I liked the stuff he wrote for Get A Life

he should try making a sitcom. FOR REAL. not some artsy Horace & Pete shit. WRITE FUCKING JOKES.

Post Jennifer Jason Leigh nudes

Moral Orel already exists.

Stick to Captain America you stupid children

(())

>this faggot has career issues
>spike Jonze not working on anything

World keeps getting better and better

no. that's the kinda thing I meant when I said Horace & Pete shit

Jennifer Jason Leigh is against gratuitous nudity, so I will not post that on this public forum.

Is Anomalisa puppet kino?

sexploitation

Anomalisa wasn't good, blind Kaufmanfanboys will defend it tho

Oh really? For a guy who supposedly knows everything about JJL you sure are dense about the fact that she has been nude in over twenty films and has done full frontal several times dating all the way back to 1981.

Maybe you guys should ask me about her instead.

Patricians will defend it

She has said in her Inside the Actor's Studio that she is against gratuitous nudity. Take that however you would like to.

She has stated in that same Inside the Actor's Studio episode that she does nudity because when she watches a movie she doesn't want to think "oh, that actress didn't want to get nude for the part".

I'm glad you know so much about her though.

Sounds like she's a dumb contradictory bitch imo.

To each his own. I don't really know where you'd draw the line for gratuitous nudity and exploiting it.

>best living actress
>dumb

neck yourself

Anomalisa is a pretty good movie, but not exactly one you can recommend to most people.

Yes, because acting is certainly a career where you need to be highly intelligent to perform well.

JJL is a good actress. Jennifer Lawrence is dog shit who yells in every role, that doesn't make her good. And maybe you shouldn't call Leigh dumb just because she said those things (apparently).
It's late and I don't know why I'm defending a person I don't know.

He said "best living actress" not most successful.

There have been plenty of great actresses that were stupid. Take Meryl Streep's views on politics for example.

Anomalisa was MOTY of 2015 IMO.

>Charlie Kaufman

literally who

you wont find his works discussed on reddit

it wasnt good. i loved most of his other movies but anomalisa came off as whiny and pretentious

>2 R rated stop motion animated movies in 1 year

>The box office gross of both of them wouldn't cover the budget of either of them

What did 2015 mean by this?

It was one of the best movies of the year

If I were rich I'd finance anything this sad man wants to make

>tfw you watch a 20 minute puppet sex scene with your mum