Walmart calls about job

>Walmart calls about job
>Overnight stocking
>10PM to 7AM

What am I to expect? Sounds absolutely horrible.. not the job, but the hours.

I mean.. how could I sleep? Do I wake up at 10PM, work, then sleep at 2PM? Do I wake up at 2PM, work and then go to sleep straight after work?

How do you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5a9dBln9tTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pathetic crying. just sleep 7 hours whenever, u twat

You could do 7:30-15 sleep schedule. This job would basically take over your social life, but that's what you have to do sometimes to survive.

Pretty much, except I'd go to be right after my shift and wake up when I wanted.
Ummm, just do it. You wanna make money right? Those hours aren't even that bad I do 8pm to 8-9am in my local ER.

Not much difference when you stay up till 8am jerkin off to traps then sleeping all day. Faggot stay neet.

just jump into it and youll find your comfortable groove eventually.

I sleep noon to 8PM. quit crying, at least you get to
deal with less autistic customers.

Just watch this.

youtu.be/5a9dBln9tTI

>Stocking
Are you kidding me? When I worked at WalMart, I would've loved that position.

You get minimal interaction with people excluding the occasional customer who's too stupid to read aisle signs and wants to know where something is. Plus, you get to lift shit all night so you get a little work out. You get to listen to music and fuck off as long as you get your assigned aisles done.

You'll adapt to your new sleep schedule. It'll suck for a week but you'll get used to it.

Seriously though, if they offer you a cashier position, don't fucking do it. If you haven't lost faith in humanity yet, being a WalMart cashier will do the trick.

Why are women so fucking obnoxious and disgusting creatures?

You can't blame someone for being concerned about Walmart taking over their social life. Some people have shit to do.

I take it Walmart isn't a career choice, so it's less incentive to want a job like that

>You'll adapt to your new sleep schedule. It'll suck for a week but you'll get used to it.

Yeah that's my only concern is the sleep schedule. Stocking sounds like a sweet gig, and I initially applied to a bunch of stocking jobs because I don't like customers (even though I am pretty good at dealing with them, they just suck the life out of me).

>Why are women so fucking obnoxious and disgusting creatures?

That triggered you? Gay people, man, I swear.

>Job offer
>Thinks the graveyard shift is horrible
>Being this much of a faggot
It's one of the best shifts you can possibly get from a job without working labor. Even then, the benefits heavily outweigh the cons.
>Little to few customers to deal with
>Get to sleep during the day, when everyone is working
>When you wake up, play vidya or whatever until you gotta head out to work
>Work at your own pace
>Overnight premium+Sunday premium if you work on the weekends
>Money in the pocket
You couldn't ask for something better unless you're educated and/or well-connected. Just do it, build a report, and then find something better.

Have a 10 pm to 7 am shift stocking.
I sleep roughly 4 till 9 because I'm doing shit with my day.
The others I work with say they usually sleep once they get home.

I worked at Lowe's and the stock guys were a bunch of Stoners and Burnouts. The would put there headphones in and stock the shelves all night.

I worked 3rd shift for years. Get home in the morning and sleep until about 1 or 2pm. Take a nap for 60 - 45 minutes before you leave for work.

Lol all that for Walmart?

>Wake up at 9AM
>Work until 2PM
>Stay up until 2AM

As opposed to
>Wake up
>1 hour free time
>Work until tired
>Sleep all day
>repeat

No one unless a fucking neckbeard or blue collar faggot with no friends wants to miss out on the entire day for a Walmart job.

Worked overnight for a year.
Not bad actually
The best routine I had was
>get out at 7
>grab 6 pack and ammo
>make it home by 8
>play vidya till 12
>wake up at 9
>get dressed
>get to work
>bullshit 6 pallets average night
Get used to vidya because unless you make freinds there you will have no social life
But hey if you get 40 hrs weekly you can make about 1200 so it works

Hey OP, when you are bored with overnight stocking I can give you overnight stuffing and put you to bed by 2 AM.

Does time move by fast?

Thanks for the replies, I'm considering it a bit more. I wonder what days I'd be working too. If it's fulltime 40 hours I don't know if I can do it. 4 days a week like this on the other hand..

Also while you are new try and get as many of those Gorman box cutters they are the best thing for working there ive never seen one break and I still use mine at my new job

With music, yes. Time only moves slow when you have customer interaction related positions.

>Hey this doesn't have a bar code on it, I guess it's free then right? HHAAHAHAHA

Every fucking day.

>No one unless a fucking neckbeard or blue collar faggot with no friends wants to miss out on the entire day for a Walmart job.
As opposed to sitting around all day jerking off, right? At least OP has an opportunity to improve himself, build experience, and overall make himself happier long-term than you do.

Yes please

>Work at Walfag for a year
>Be in electronics department
>They have super strict rules about going over your scheduled time
>Have to setup a phone for someone
>Go literally 1 minute and a few odd seconds over my scheduled work time for the week
>Get a verbal warning and consultation because I cost them 8-12 cents more than expected

Good times.

I used to work doing midnight to 8:30am then would eat and play games till 2 pm then try to sleep till work

Is it free tho?

I suspect a faggot Liberal here

>Hey where's the water aisle at?
>"It's in the aisle that says 'water' above it"

Everytime someone asks where something is, I literally point to the sign. Then they laugh it off and go "hehehehehe i didnt notice xD" or they get really fucking mad about it.

If you have vision problems, yeah that's one thing. If you are clearly able to read from that distance and you're just somehow so goddamned inconceivably stupid that you don't think that it makes a hell of a lot difference to read the signs posted all around the store, that's your problem.

Didn't help that my roommate was a huge peice of shit and was screaming while talking to his friends from noon till 2am

No, it's not. There's a process to ring shit up without a bar code but I don't remember how you do it.

I sit around jerking off, having sex, or being with my friends because I have more than a mere 5 during dead hours for free time.

What about you? When you wake up at 6PM randomly, do you hit your friends up saying "Wanna hang for 3 hours before I have to work all day at a Walmart?"

>hurr durr you don't get turned on by literal piss- faggot
its fucking disgusting

So its free then

I had a night job, similar hours. I would go to sleep shortly after getting home. Dark curtains help. I'd wake up when my Gf got home from work. You sleep when you would normally work.

That's one of the main reasons I never did third shift. I live at home with my parents and it's not easy to sleep during the evenings. Nowadays I have earbuds.

>People slamming shit
>My siblings anxiously pacing around because my mother raised us all to have severe anxiety problems that i"m still working through
>Loud talking
>SLAM
>BOOM
>STOMP
>KICK
>BAM

It's fucking horrible waking up to that and then having trouble falling asleep. Whole sleep schedule's ruined.

i think its free tbh

Yeah, time goes by pretty quick if you can occupy yourself with a distraction like music or books on tape.
It slows down during the busy hours and right before you leave. But that is every job.
>2016 ending
>Not wiping your ass on their free shit
Yeah that shit gets old pretty fast.

Oh, so liberals work 9 to 5 jobs and have friends while Republicans work third shift jobs at Walmart and play video games all day with their free time.

Gotcha. I'm not a liberal but I'll take that a compliment.

>working odd hours is for degenerates
lol

That's not actual piss. Look closely if you can stomach looking close at a woman's crotch area, faggot.

Absolutely fucking not, but calling someone a liberal for not working odd hours is.

>Be me work at walmart as unloader for 1 year
>2 friends got me the job but don't mention how shitty it is
>Christmas comes around only 4 of us 2 quit
>Spend 6 hours on 2 trucks only 2 hours to get it out to the floor
>Didn't get it done got called dumbass by Nigerian manager

Worst place I have ever worked at fuck that place.

The secret to working nights is staying busy. The night stockers seem to stay busy so I would imagine it goes quickly.

How much do you get paid? Actually considering this job lol

I suspect a brainwashed moron who has bought into the elitist misdirection of "you should be thankful for having a job" mentality. THEY should be thankful they have employees, not the other way around. We're all being played by the rich, and you're just one of their toys.

Walmart pays minimum wage or a dollar above that

Expect $7.25 or $8.25. Maybe $9

Only a retard would give up their free time to work night shift at a fucking Walmart

Hey user nice dubs, Actually just quit this job about 2 months ago. Literally destroyed my social life to the point none of my friends even call me to hang out any more. As for dealing with customers, even if your store isn't 24 hours you will still be dealing with customers at least 3 hours out of your shift, and let me tell you something about seeing someone do actual work apposed to seeing the regular pissants just walk around makes customers flock to you like jesus giving bread. I quit because the pay was literally enough for me to afford paying rent and eating and I mean to be honest food in America is free if you know how to get it, and I can make rent selling weed so fuck that job.

w0w, such HIGHER THINKING!!

Not srs, kill yourself

Time goes by really fast as long as you have shit to do. Don't plan your entire future on that job though.

Lol, "HIGHER THINKING"? Well that's a nice compliment you gave him there, faggot

>selling weed

I'd freak out if I did that, just because idk how to handle with the IRS if they asked how I was getting money to pay rent. I don't think they care as long as it's accounted for, at least that's what some people told me, but I'm still uneasy.

You should call your friends up. Text them. Just anything like that. They think that you're too busy now and have stopped. It's time for you to go to them. It's a mutual thing, hope you get your friends back. Else they're not real friends if it turns out they only wanted to be with you out of convenience or something like that

Worked that shift for years, slept from around 3 or 4pm to 9pm most days. Best shift there is. Straight from work to my fishin spot, couple of hours of fishing and plenty of daylight to get anything that you need done handled. Fresh fish, and a nice garden was easy to maintain.

in idaho where minimum wage is 7.25 you start at 9 as your base pay and get a 1 dollar differential for night shift. so you make 10 as soon as you start and after your 6 months if you complete your training you get a 1 dollar raise. so in 6 months you can make 11 dollars in a place where minimum is 7.25 id say that isnt bad at all. especially considering how easy the job is.

dumb cunt, its clearly sarcasm, and if you cant see that, even though we re on the internet, its deffo time to end it

>Not srs, kill yourself
Why, are you worried I'll take your minimum wage job at the car wash?

Damn that's pretty fucking good

What kind of training is there? It's just moving shit from a conveyor belt to a pallet and then going out to the floors to stock shelves when the trucks are unloaded right? Or something like that.

I hope they don't make it hard for me to get into my groove. Some employers are absolutely incapable of training people.

Hey look another Idaho fuck!
Twin falls area here..you?

It makes NO SENSE!

You pretty much read that, said "ha, he thinks he has higher thinking" and then called him that. Where the fuck did that come from?

Sarcasm is one thing but this is the kind of shit retards do when they're pushed in a corner. Might as well call him a "smart aleck"

not him
but i eat idaho potatos

when i was young and played with my prostate more i once shoved a potato up there and tried to see how far i could get up there
idaho potatos are really good at that

I make $22 hr working for a BMW supplier in shipping and receiving.
I work from 7pm to 6am 5-6 days a week. I wouldn't give this job up for anything.
I will say this to you op, make sure you have curtains in your room so you can sleep good during the daytime

oh no

lmao, you are legit retarded and you try too hard my boy.

i read what you said, thought "lmao he thinks hes higher thinking" thdn wrote that. i didnt give you a backhand compliment, you can be sure of that boyo

Night club bartending wasn't too much different hours. I would go to sleep about an hour after getting home.

>awake for 17 hours
as opposed to
>awake for 9 hours simply because it's dark out

Your rhythm will catch up and the implication that it wouldn't merely displays your retardation for all to see.

Ya I usually just show up now uninvited, they don't seem to mind, but its always like 'I would have called but I thought you were asleep user'. Sub-letting is what I do. My room mates have real jobs and are the ones on the lease they just rent out their spare room illegally, tons of people do it, I don't think the IRS cares considering how there is an actual housing crisis the media neglects to show. Seriously thinking about going homeless though I live in Southern California so the weather isn't bad, seen a homeless dude with a wicked sweet looking safari tent the other day totally the way to go if your a nomad.

That's so strange. Your response to the opposition is "he thinks he's so smart boy i tell you what"

homeless shelters arent too bad. honestly.

I have thin blue curtains and when I sleep during the day I end up covering my face and waking up sweating bullets

I definitely gotta invest in curtains

Idk what to do about noise outside my door other than to use earplugs so I can do that

Light leaks through my door because those Mexicans (who I shold've fucking brutally murdered for fucking up the repairs in this place) sucked dick at putting doors in, so I have to cover that up so that when I wake up I don't remember that there's a bright light outside of this room

DO NOT FUCKING GO HOMELESS

DON'T FUCKING DO IT MAN

loling so hard at how strongly youre trying to rationalize the fact that i gave you no kind of compliment.

youre the same kind of guy that speaks psuedo philosophy and thinks hes "deep" as fuck. my guy, give up, this isnt for you.

Homeless tents and shelters suck for the most part. For a homeless person they're pretty nice, but that's a stupid thing to voluntarily go to.

Want to be self sustaining? Find some land in the woods, grow some crops, stuff like that. Unfortunately you have to work with the system by making money so you can even get that land in the first place, but that's a more honorable goal if you are just tired of living in this mess.

Hermit life > nomad

Okay now I have no idea what you're talking about. I know it's not a compliment, you were pretty clear with that buddy. It's just pretty stupid if your attacks against someone is to sarcastically call them brilliant based on some vague association with what they said and people who think they're better than you.

That's some deep rooted shit, even typing that made it seem pretty psychotic. Lmao

I think the whole point is i'm lazy user, not that I want to work the land, more or less rape the countries resources that corporations do.

training starts on the computer where you learn really basic shit. then they start you off. here is box. look at label on box. open box. put on shelf. now do that many more times. then after you have been doing it a while you should presumably get faster. and as long as you show up and arent trash youll stay.

nampa

youre just too dumb to understand, probably, for the most part.

imagine seeing a snowboarder doing shitty tricks with a look on his face that says "HOLY SHIT IM SO AWESOME"

thats you

>be unfamiliar with a store
>maybe in a bit of a rush trying to get errands done
>ask one of the people who are paid to help out for some help
>they get all self-righteous and huffy about it
enjoy working at wal-mart/in retail, you're gonna be there for awhile with that attitude bud

I actually never worked before. I got some call backs from fast food joints and a couple supermarkets, but the all start at minimum wage.
Fuck that. I am gonna wait this shit out until I can make at least $12 hr

autissimo maximiso

You'd be surprised how many life lessons are waiting to be learned at those shitty minimum wage jobs. No harm in taking one as a temporary thing until you find something better
Good luck finding a job starting at $12/hr without any experience, it won't be easy

>not getting and using a fake degree to get high paying jobs

Will I have a better chance at landing a $12 hr job if I am willing to take a dick? I have never sucked one but I can learn. I am willing to try

>attempting that with places you're giving all of your information to
it would take such a small amount of work/research to prove your shit false and get you arrested for it

You keep saying Walmart like its a McDonald's job.
You don't even have a fucking job you autistic faggot. Take what you can get because you are clearly not smart enough to make more than minimum wage.

>not knowing that you wouldnt even get arrested if you got caught
>talking out of your ass

No, but if you're willing to take a cock I can think of a much better way for you to make money

If fraud is legal in your shithole country, then you need to take whatever advantage you can to get on top
If not, keep trying that shit, it will blow up in your face someday

Where do i apply?

>walmart
>40 hour work week
>1200/week

I must be missing something

It's shit and it destroys your body/health. The poultry sum they pay you isn't nearly enough to compensate the destruction you will cause to your overall health/social life.

with Jamal at your local street corner

That's hot.
wtf I want to work at walmarts now so I have to clean it up

Why is everyone so concerned about keeping a social life? Friends aren't real they won't be around very long.

Walmart is bi-weekly like most jobs that aren't salary or small business.

Jesus Christ how do people like you manage to breathe on your own ? You sleep when you get off , or dont I dont give a shit . No wonder you think Walmarts a good job

its a full time position with benefits, paid time off and less customer interaction. take it.

they got rid of sunday premuim