Why do ATHEISTS celebrate a CHRISTIAN holiday?

Why do ATHEISTS celebrate a CHRISTIAN holiday?

free stuff

why do CHRISTIANS celebrate a PAGAN holiday?

shitload of food and steam sales.

Christmas or Christmas Day (Old English: Crīstesmæsse, meaning "Christ's Mass") is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ

It's not tho

i asked three of my atheist friends and two said this.

Wow good for you

yeah im a fucking loser. bump tho.

What idiot says no to a party?

do a little more research fam

The same reason that most of the population does: friends, food, and gifts. Some people add church to that mix, and if they only go on Christmas, are they really Christians?

Sir Isaac newton birthday

Sure, and it was made up few hundred years after he died(?) exactly at the same day that pagan slavic and german-norse tribes had different "annual festival" dedicated to Sun and gods.....

Search G-Mo Skee Filthmas Orignins on YoutTube...This explains it pretty well to me..And also leads to the OP's question

Cuz presents

Materialistic fag here

Well if you are atheist and celebrate Christmas you are technically a big fucking hypocrite

I'm a Christian and can admit that Christmas isn't a Christian holiday, it's Pagan.

Why do Christians celebrate a pagan holiday?

cuz capitalism, idiot.

It's more of a cultural thing here than it is a religious thing.

Please, Christmas itself is just another way for companies to make a fuck ton of money off religion.

You don't have to go to church to be Christian. You just have to truly believe Jesus died for our sins

>Implying we actually celebrate Christmas and not just family time and free gifts

The social effects of Christmas includes getting together with family and free stuff. So we celebrate that. We don't celebrate Christmas.

Well. That's the stupidest fucking shit I've read all day

You guys watch Adam ruins everything? He's a total queer but he has a whole episode against Christmas.

Doesn't change the fact it's LITERALLY a Christian holiday

>Christian holiday
kek

Christmas or Christmas Day (Old English: Crīstesmæsse, meaning "Christ's Mass") is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ

Because it's a PAGAN holiday.

0/10 skippy

Obvious bait

So you're arguing that Christmas isn't about Jesus EVEN THOUGH ITS LITERALLY IN THE TITLE (Christ's Mass)

how can this be taken as bait.

>LITERALLY a Christian
You can keep telling yourself that but it doesn't make it true.

Duvs get

Cause edgelord atheists will fight over any bad claim made against them

If your post weren't bait, then I would say, "Because it's fun and we get to make up our own way of living. Your religion being pretty stupid has nothing to do with whether or not I like a shiny tree and exchanging gifts with people I care about."

But it's bait so I'm just going to post this smug animu reaction image

Then if "Christmas" is all about jesus, how can you relate the christmas tree to it?

You can't be that retarded

cuz its a symbol of jesus

true

Oh I'm sorry, didn't know sandnigger infants grow under a pine tree

It has as much to do with western culture in general at this point as it does with religion tbh.

ah. you're retarded. everything makes sense now

Christmas was initially a muslim holiday

Put Saturn back in Saturninus!

gifts

Just tradition, I suppose.