SIMPSONS DECLINE

Phil Hartmen's death was the real reason for the decline of The Simpsons.

Most Simpsons fans can agree that it started getting shitty around season 9 or 10.

Phil Hartmen died on May 28, 1998 (aged 49).

Simpsons season 10 first aired August 23, 1998.

Coincidence I think not.

I rest my case.

What? Oh no, I thought that was just a figure of speech. Case closed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yavNfWAgMOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Simpsons was always shit, when will you idiots realize this?

>Phil Hartmen

so was ur mom lmao 0wned

>12 yr old detected

You're point being?

Futurama caused the decline.

All the good writers went over.

The Simpsons turned to shit when most of the writers left to work on Futurama

but futurama post reboot was pretty crap as well so where did the good writers go then?
i wonder where they are now?

His name was Phil Hartman, you imbecile.

I remember exactly when the Simpsons started to decline. It was when they introduced that character who answers the phone and says mmmmmyyeeeessss. I'm not saying that was a particularly bad joke but whenever that happened was the start of the decline

that weird shop clerk?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?

This.

Groening himself only did The Simpsons in the hope of doing his' cartoon about a sassy robot'

Saul Goodmans real life brother, not David St Hubbins, is the shows major producer and really hit autopilot after season 10

>I HAD A STRROOOOOOKE

that bit made me laugh

post reboot futurama was crap because the show had gone on too long past it's prime and the writers had invariable run out of steam and ideas

after the "movies" they should have moved on to something completely new and different.

same thing

>Phil Hartmen died on May 28, 1998 (aged 49).
why did he die so young? and who is he anyway? a writer?

His wife murdered him

got shot by some crazy ass bitch

He was murdered by his wife. A voice actor and a comedian.

who is the worst zombie simpsons recurring character?

Shut up, twat.

He was murdered by Andy Dick. He bragged about giving Phil's wife the drugs that set her off.

and then he appeared as a guest on one of the episodes, isnt that wonderful?

what a Andy

>Phil Hartmen's death was the real reason for the decline of The Simpsons.
Phil Hartmans death was the real reason for the decline of western civilization. Lets be fair.

>why did he die so young?
Because Andy Dick has a substance abuse issue.

Simpsons started its decline season 4. That fucking monorail episode is where the whole series jumped the shark.

I would like to hear more of your contrarian view points, please proceed?

eh simpsons is still pulling good numbers and for good reasons

they are progressive enough to not get stoned by the media but reactionary enough to attract jaded cynical fucks like me

Started getting shitty in Season 7. Hartman's death had LITERALLY nothing to do with anything and I suggest you fucking FAGGOTS shut the FUCK UP.

Hartman was funny and all, but there was clearly something dead and wrong deep inside him, and it's not wonder he got merc'd by his crazy wife, it was probably a decade plus of psychological torment on both sides.

Nah, Season 1 is where it jumped the shark, in particular the episode where they get Santa's Little Helper

its just so bland and homer isn't remotely funny anymore

>zombie
?

Bad seasons

zombie simpsons as in the period where the show is dead and possessed by evil

>reactionary
define this meme buzzword pls

Newsradio also went to shit without Hartman, at least they had the decency of cancelling it only one season in

is south america asleep?

No, but the one Argentinian faggot who shits up Simpsons threads is.

literally family guy

I agree 98%.

Andy Dick fed his recovering drug addict wife drugs and she went crazy

i'm here. just very tired

LOL

fucking kill yourself you stupid little pussy

Phil Hartman was more responsible for his murder than Andy Dick will ever be, even in your feverish paranoid fantasies. Hartman probably routinely cheated on his wife, probably hit her, probably molested their children. Shit like murder-suicides don't just happen because you do some blow with Andy Dick. Fucking cretin

>probably

long night in the villa hiding from corrupt Argentinian police?

>Futurama caused the decline.
>All the good writers went over.
This isn't really true. David X Cohen and Ken Keeler were the only two former Simpsons writers besides Groening who really played a major role in Futurama's original run.

shut up andy

>Simpsons went to shit because the voice actor of one gag that was used maybe 5% of the time died

ok

you can see the groening influence in futurama, it was really consistently creative in its early seasons.

i assumed that i only liked it when i was younger but i recently rewatched and the first 3 maybe even 4 seasons are pretty bloody watchable. not guffaw, rapid fire wit like prime simpsons but a nice amount of snorting to myself moments

he did voice pretty much anyone who wore a suit

>there are people posting on Sup Forums who were born after the simpsons stopped being good

To be fair I found this quite funny
youtu.be/yavNfWAgMOI
Mainly the fact that anything is funny in German

jawohl

>have access to the internet
>have to ask a question that could be solved in a five second Google search

yup Simpsons, NewsRadio, and Pee Wee's Playhouse dropped off in quality when he departed

Gil

long nite fucking you're mom lol

trips tell the truth