last autism

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10671031
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Sunglasses
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/750346308687425536
twitter.com/Pearlie_mack/status/750348821415223296
youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ironically, Kandy Man does not like candy. Fact.

does he like crisps?

Reminder that Faction Paradox is the only true canon

#
But is it primitive? The horror of losing yourself; sacrificing who you are to do something great as part of the Cybermen, doing good for people by healing the sick and the poor and replacing the damaged parts with cybernetics:that's all an allegory for people who start out trying to do the right thing and fuck up hard, losing themselves in the process. It is a concept as solid and tested as the fallen-hero, and that's because it is just a cybernetic version of the fallen hero.

Big Finish's story Human Resources has the Cybermen run down by the 8th doctor for this very reason, and it's very good: what good is all the achievement you make if it no one can enjoy it; if all you can do is achieve; when your achievement isn't for any benefit anymore it becomes oppression;when your quality of life is high but no one can live that life; and when you boil it down their argument is always doing good, but nobody is really able to experience that good: so which is crueler, the ones who will let people die as themselves or the shambling corpses who will never die and never live again?

IMPORTANT POLIO

strawpoll.me/10671031
strawpoll.me/10671031
strawpoll.me/10671031

strawpoll.me/10671031
strawpoll.me/10671031
strawpoll.me/10671031

lol your "general" has like, at maximum, 10 active posters
what a fucking joke
your shit died
get over it

What was that guy's deal anyway? He was stuck in a wheelchair and always talked about how great the cybermen are with their bodies of metal that never tire. So why was he terrified when he was brought to the conversion-chamber? I thought the whole point of cyber-conversion was healing the sick. Shouldn't he have been the first in line? Doesn't he want to have an all-powerful metal body? Doesn't he want to get out of that wheelchair?

Hand them over or I'll give you a chinese burn.

It seems like they're going for a more silly tone so I think he'd be perfect.

He wanted to keep his meaty body as long as he can and convert with his final breath. I guess he found it unpleasant experience which he wasn't eager to take part in himself.

He was baiting m8.

The original concept is great. Sadly most writers have failed to grasp the concept and written them as basic robots.

Platt gets it and a few others.

Are you okay user?

Have a (you) I'm feeling generous today.

It's not dead until Chris Chibnall takes over.

please watch my show

Why does he look so crusty?

that just makes him a fucking hypocrite. I think that's actually worse than trying to convert everybody on earth. At least stand by what you preach, man..

Did you create this thread so you could shitpost m8?
Crisps. Chinballs. Any more?

Scrotus Disease

Have a skeleton doctor on me.

Hi Chris.

Hi Crisps

>watching series 5
>every time something happens The Doctor whips out his sonic and points it at the problem as if he thought it might actually do something
I'm starting the think that not even The Doctor knows the full functionality of his own creation

Screwdrivers of exotic configuration seem like Time Lord technology and Doctor was never big at reading manual.

I really do hate the sonic screwdriver at this point.

He's scanning stuff mate

It's been used well in 8/9
Back to Series 1 levels

Last time I checked The Doctor himself created the sonic screwdriver

Coming from the Future just after S10E01 has aired

AMA

Whats the next time trailer for the Gareth Roberts episode like?

On a scale of 1 to Adric, how dead is the show?

Did Bill get spanked
Were there any referenes to three bags

I think you mean an indian twistie

Its less grating than the psychic paper. The sonic is an analytic tool so that the doctor doesnt know everything about a problem beforehand. The psychic paper is a hack tool so you dont have to spend 5 minutes writing a proper breaking and entering scene

Did Nardole block the Daleks on Twitter?

Daily reminder that the sonic sunnies are the best thing moff has ever included into doctor who

I dunno. The next one is by Frank Cotrell Boyce and it's about pirates in a space nebula made of clouds.

All thirteen.

No.
Yes, Bill carries 3 bags full of groceries.

He ironically says he's blocked them from his mind.

Daleks have been converting humans since the 80s

Nope. I mean the arabian goggles.

How was McGann's second Doctor Who return? Was it as shocking as Night?

As a little kid I actually thought that was what exterminate meant.

>arabian
You called?

is that the thing where you put your things over someone's eyes?

I declare a jihad on you. Walla walla.

If by things you mean testicles, then yes.

>The psychic paper is a hack tool so you dont have to spend 5 minutes writing a proper breaking and entering scene
This is so wrong I don't even know where to start. I guess the most obvious bit is that the psychic paper is generally used when the writers don't want the Doctor to break in because they need him to openly interact with people without being seen as an intruder.

What? You sure about that?

bing bang oooh eeee ooh ah ahh ting ting walla walla bing bang.
That's exactly what I meant. Thank you for the clarification. You're one of the good ones.

>The psychic paper is a hack tool so you dont have to spend 5 minutes writing a proper breaking and entering scene
And it doesn't always work so it's not as hack as you make it out to be.

>tfw were stuck with this shitty sonic now because plebs were whining about bringing it back

There wasn't any good arguments against the Sunnies. Just "MUH SCREWDRIVER MUH SCREWDRIVER REEEEE"

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Sunglasses

I love how everyone here hated them, and now that we got the worst sonic possible, everyone's loving the sunnies

You're right. A jihad isn't something you should rush into. Let me have a bit of a think and I'll get back to you. Durka durka.

>everyone here hated them

Objectively incorrect
I was here the whole time and would spout how much I loved them at every opportunity, as did others
Did you only come to live threads?

>everyone here hated them,
I've always liked them and I remember threads with people laughing at the butthut reddit posts.
But yeah there were a lot of other people too though complaining about "meme glasses" or some shit.

I've maintained the whole time that the Wayfarers are integral part of any time travelers wardrobe

What were they thinking? Did zero effort go into this or was it designed soley to make cheap sonic toys.

It looks like an overmachined vape pen. Having said that I will be purchasing a cheep sonic toy.

I'll admit that I jumped on the sunnies hate bandwagon but I was just memeing. I've never actually seen them in action. And no to the user who always asks, I have not seen Heaven Sent.

But Doctor Who has a long standing tradition of breaking into places then convincing people he's right and justifying it. When he only has to flip a paper it's fucking lazy. "Yep, guess its okay that you're sabotaging our evil plan, you're the general manager of blowing our shit up. Move along"

>Cheap sonic toys
>RRP £15-£20 (around 26USD)

Neither does the sonic, but at least the sonic has known limitations. The psychic paper is only situationally limited.

10x01 will be GOAT

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/750346308687425536

The Sunnies were classic Capal and now they're gone. RIP.

>twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/750346308687425536

She's blocked me. What does it say?

Why? What gives you the impression of GOAT from that picture and place.

>twitter.com/Pearlie_mack/status/750348821415223296

Oh my god. She really is an idiot, isn't she?

BRIGGS IS ON SET! Daleks will be featured!

careful m8 you will trigger the lefties.

Yeah, it's no good tweeting about Tories when you could be out lynching them.

Won't these cunts ever stop whining? You lost. Get over it.

There's not really much to see.
He basically just puts them on and lightly touches the top and then stuff happens.
It was simple and nice I thought than waving the sonic everywhere or when 11 would scan something and then look at nothing.
One of the comics showed a visual interface he looked at through the glasses but that was never shown on TV.

With nigel gone there's nothing stopping them from demanding a second referendum now

Indeed. It was all a game with no consequences whatsoever. It's all about team spirit.

They can demand all they want. It ain't gonna happen.

>this is what faragefags actually believe
That's right, nothing stopping "them" but good old Nige, it's not like that possibility wasn't explicitly shot down by Cameron more than a week ago

>waving the sonic everywhere or when 11 would scan something and then look at nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ

Best example of that is the end of this trailer. Utterly pointless and ruins the end.

meant for

>Doctor Who has a long standing tradition of breaking into places then convincing people he's right and justifying it.
He still does that pretty often, with the most recent example, I believe, being in Face the Raven. It's just not a good format for every story. Psychic paper was first introduced in The End of the World for instance. Do you think that episode would have been improved by the Doctor being apprehended by guards and having to either escape and spend the whole episode evading them or convince them logically that there was some reason for him to be there (which there really wasn't) instead of getting to impersonate a delegate and get on with things and focus on what the episode was supposed to be about?

I always loved 7 typing up his credentials after walking into the camp in Fenric.

I was just about to say this. I like how he does it so blatantly.

Yes, because in an episode about Party Crashing, sneaking around is a whole lot more fun than an entire episode of "look how weird everything in the future is". Infact it would have fixed a lot of shit by taking the focus off the terribly aged cg and dated references.

Wouldn't it have been better if in Last Christmas, after the old Clara dream is over the Doctor gets back in reality and goes to her only to find out she's a rotten corpse and has been dead for a long time because of the Dream Crab?

That would be defeating the point of the episode, which is to introduce new viewers to how weird everything in the future is. It's one thing if you think that wasn't done well, but it doesn't justify throwing out the entire concept in favour of a different and less useful kind of 'fun'

desu I didn't like how light and thin they were. Like it was painfully obvious they're just a piece of plastic without any technology inside. The screwdriver has a nice weight to it. But I do like the possibilities of having a HUD so eh, I could take or leave them.

Yes.

But Jenna Coleman was a BITCH and couldnt make her FUCKING MIND UP.

And thus the show was ruined.

Congratulations, you came up with an even less interesting ending for Clara than the "she got old" version actually given in the episode.

>wouldn't it be better if this fun Christmas episode with light horror elements ended on an incredibly morbid note with the death of a main character?
I don't think so, no.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

It's PH Ian.

Also, here's a rare picture of Pie lord doing sports.

Why didn't Clara just fly the Doctor to Mordor?

Mates it would have been GOAT and the Doctor would have understood he's a fucking idiot and took too much time like usual.

>12 and old clara share a christmas cracker, she can't break it open

Be honest, this was great pottery

>the Sun Hat of Rassilon

>he breaks it for her as she did when 11 couldn't literally last christmas
Poetry indeed.

To stick in your ass?

Yeah it's lame there. I think 11 had the worst Sonic Overuse. Power Of Three being the worst offense.

I want to fuck Michelle Gomez while she's dressed as Missy