So, let me get this straight, this movie is Disney + Spielberg + plenty of money...

So, let me get this straight, this movie is Disney + Spielberg + plenty of money, yet it somehow still turns out like complete shit. WHY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dHsB_Sn3_A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ugly old man versus pretty talking fish

Whelp

holy shit bill maher looks like hell.

It's a movie made for nobody and BFG as a weapon is well established in pop culture.

i liked it

>and BFG as a weapon is well established in pop culture.

Oh shut up with this, no one cares about Doom or your huge guts

Not to mention that this movie had:
-Terrible dialogue
-Flat, anticlimactic "plot"
-Zero character development

>google "BFG"
>first link is to wikipedia article BFG9000

No one even remembers what this is. Its like trying to sell The Lone Ranger to today's teenagers by throwing in Johnny Depp

yualwayslying.jpg

hi, germany

not even close bumbaclot

I never saw a trailer for it.
Or a commercial.

I saw one billboard.

Ugly CGI mixed with live action, children's film released too close to a Pixar movie and also has a horrible name.
And that is how it failed.

Spielberg lost it and hasn't made a good flick in almost 20 years. It really shouldn't be surprising.

muh disney paid reviews

>bombed
>still has great ratings
disney controlling rotten tomatoes confirmed.

this comment is deserving of praise

His last great movie is Munich

The BFG has been a best-selling children's book since it was first published in 1982, eleven years before Doom was even a thing.

The movie apparently isn't bad, it just wasn't marketed well and was released in a crowded summer.

Seriously, W H Y did Disney release this so close to Finding Dory? They're competing with themselves, it's utterly retarded. If they had waited until Fall they probably could have found an audience.

tosser

Financial bomb does not mean critical flop idiot

>people dont rate Spielberg and Rylance working together
>they'd rather go watch the latest finding nemo film

This

When I heard BFG the first time in the context of video games I thought there was a Big Friendly Giant game I didn't know about. Roald Dahl books are awesome.

people rather go watch a movie about a character/world they're familiar with than to watch something new.
this probably could've had a decent reception if it was not released within a month of a PIXAR movie.
fuckin' idiots

once again hollywood underestimates the general public

Plebs finally realized Spielberg can't make anything good anymore.

I've never even played doom and I associate bfg with big fucking gone. It's definitely a vague title and hurt the movie financially

giant hook nose

because success in the movie business breeds contempt

the movie will be excellent for everyone that knows and understands that

Does Spielberg even make good movies anymore?

I don't know a single person who's heard of it. I've never seen the name mentioned in my life

I just need someone who liked BvS to tell me he liked it and I'll watch it.

>people rather go watch a movie about a character/world they're familiar with than to watch something new
>something new
kys

Munich was his last good movie and jurassic park was his last great movie, so no.

Giants are supposed to be ugly, it's because they're so evil

new movie-wise

the initial post compared the quality of the ip in terms of one being new
get better at writing or just stop posting anytime

>BFG
Is this a DOOM movie?

>The movie apparently isn't bad, it just wasn't marketed well and was released in a crowded summer.

>this probably could've had a decent reception if it was not released within a month of a PIXAR movie.

No. The movie was shit. Have you guys even watched it? It doesn't matter when they released it. It's boring as fuck, has shitty characters, and the plot is a flat fucking line.

How underage are you.

no but it sure was from the title reveal

It is a doomed movie.

watched this in 4dx, the effects were cool

Does BFG stand for Big Fucking Guys or what?

(((Spielberg))) has always been a hack no surprise here.

this, his only good movie is Raiders

how come they still cant get the cgi backgrounds to merge with foreground character?

they should be able to do this by now.

I hope this is the end of reboots. The original movie was comfy and heartfelt, this comes across as soulless garbage.

Death to Hollywood.

I could have sworn the BFG was a motion cap of Edward Norton.

Big Flopping SpielberG

Top kek

The acronym name isn't clever and the frequency with which they use makes it kind of cringy. Everything having to do with and occurring after the exposure of the existence of giants to the real world is pretty much shit.
Apart from that is was mostly great.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that if they had called it The Big Friendly Giant instead of The BFG, it would have done better.

This is how consumerism works.

>ugly, ancient giant

It's not appealing

Summer release vs your popular sequel (Finding Dory)

Calling it BFG instead of Big Friendly Giant

Expect $100 million opening weekend

>Immortal
>Old as the Earth
>Human level intelligence
>Still act like retards and know next to nothing about the world they've been living in for millions of years

>remove conflict from entire film because it's too dark
>no one cares about just watching a kid and giant hang out

Why would any kid want to watch a movie about a book their parents read when they were kids?

Because parents often influence their chilldren's taste in entertainment? Or because stories written for children are often enjoyed by children regardless of generation?
Just off the top of my head.

>an old guy abducts a girl at night to play with him

gee i wonder wtf it bombed

BFG means Big Fucking Gun, you can't just appropriate it like some fucking SJW and call it Big Friendly Giant now, I'm happy it bombed, it was doomed from the beginning.

The title is fucking stupid. I know it's named after the book but it's still a bad title.
They released it while Finding Dory is still going strong. They didn't market it well and from what I've seen it doesn't look particularly memorable.

AHEM!

Just why the HELL is the BFG not being played by a POC? At the very least a CGI POC??

who was this movie for anyways. I get that it was a book but holy fuck does this look repulsive. I cant imagine any kid wanting to see this. Why are hollywood execs so out of fucking touch? I would really like to know the talks they have and their opinions on what they think sells or makes a good movie. I find it fascinating that they dump so much fucking money on piles of unwatchable shit.

this im a lvl 33 wiz for god sakes and this is pretty fucking weird. Was this big in euro land or am I just finding something else out about this wonky berenstain dimension

how out of touch are spielberg and lucas? they both made shitty CGI movies in the past year (Strange Magic) and both flopped tremendously.

Is this a 30 Rock prequel?

youtube.com/watch?v=5dHsB_Sn3_A
BFG was good until the third act, which was bafflingly dumb

The Big Fucking Nigga

>lvl 33 wiz
you made it user ;_;

JUUUST

It's terrible because it's Roald Dahl dogshit.

More like Rofl Dahl