So what the fuck does ozone smell like? How am I supposed to know when I've never been in the ozone layer or anything...

So what the fuck does ozone smell like? How am I supposed to know when I've never been in the ozone layer or anything? I really don't get it when ppl say that something smells like ozone

Chrorine smell but less chlorine and more electrical smell

Burning electric motor.

cool
cuz I sometimes think my water smells like that, but I´m not sure what it is. Water´s not very chlorinated round these parts afaik

Does that actually generate ozone?

People might be mistaking the smell of rain for the smell of ozone. Lightning smells like ozone (rather, lightning creates ozone), but people seem to think any smell associated with a storm must be ozone, when in fact that clean, earthy smell following rain is biological in origin.
Ozone itself smells like electric motors.

Yes

Like air with less nitrogen and more oxygen.

When I bought a new high end computer i put myself together, When I let it run a few hours in my room while gaming, the first weeks and months, my entire room smelled like ozone the whole time.

>that clean, earthy smell following rain
best smell ever
apparently it's pretty unhealthy, oldskool photocopiers generate lots of ozone too and it has to be siphoned off to outside

a copying machine creates ozone

but this is 2016 so how are you supposed to know what that is

Plug in something electrical. Get wire snips. Cut power cord. Viola instant ozone.

Yeah you definitely can tell the difference between ozone and the earthy after rain smell though

hold a power drill's tip still with a pair of pliers or wedge it into something, then pull the trigger for several seconds.

then sniff it. that's what ozone smells like.

Usually, atmospheric ozone is combined with so many other chemicals it's unnoticeable.

Poplars produce ozone.

Ozone does its damage to things via oxidation. Carrying an extra oxygen, it's desperate to rub it off on anything that wants it.

Can we all agree the best smell is the one you get from books like strategy guides? Like where the paper is kind of plastic, rather than normal? You know what I mean?

Its easy to create ozone, you just need to do an electrical arc and thats it, the air around that arc become ozone and other shits that i font remember but yes, ozone smell like cum and clorine

nah m8 that plasticky book smell is not the best book smell

What's your favourite smell, friendo?

my armpits

for real though the smell of wood stoves from houses, always reminds me of small german or french villages in the morning

How to actually smell pure ozone:
>buy bottle of Dasani water
>open cap
>inhale deeply
Pepsi uses ozone to pressurize the bottles.

y tho

nice

meant for

I didn't know this was something people said.

I dunno why they use ozone specifically. Guess its cheap to produce. They pressurize the bottles so they ship easier and don't get crushed. A good friend of mine has worked for Pepsi at a bottling plant for over ten years.
Fun fact: they sterilize the line after each product has finished its run, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mtn Dew, ect. The sterilizing process only takes about 20 minutes or so EXCEPT for Dr.Pepper, which takes two hours, because it's so prone to housing bacteria. Never drank one after hearing that.