Why???

Why???

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

saged

Not all atheists are particularly well educated but if there is any truth at all to your implicit blanket claim, I would imagine that the reason for it is this.

It takes less effort to dismiss something entirely than to consider it. For many, the term "atheist" is more appealing than considering nebulous concepts of God.

kys

Atheism = logic. Now get out.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism.

Here.

Oooh, see atheism and logic are two very different concepts. There are arguments for atheism which are inherently illogical just like yours.

Yeah.

Also, the whole "get out" thing just suggests that you don't want to think about these ideas. Further, that the mention of them makes you so uncomfortable that you need to react aggressively.

So yeah, even less of a coherent logical position and more of an angry prepubescent girl who dropped her ice-cream.

Yeah.

Nope. That won't do it. If you walked into your kitchen to find the place ablaze, what would you do?

Googling "how to kill fire" hasn't dealt with the fire. A picture of water from IG isn't working either.

Not your spices! Oh how will you deal with this wretched fire?!

Yeah.

"Now get out" - which words you don't understand?

Yeah.

>There are arguments for atheism which are inherently illogical
For example?

Oh I understand all the words you've managed to string together. I'm just afraid there isn't any logical structure to it.

Your argument is a house made of wet soap and runny diarrhoea, it has no support.

Even saying now get out seems like little more than a whiny outburst. Get out of the internet? Sorry, I just don't know what you're trying to say.

I guess that's too bad for me.

Why not? There is no deeper understanding about atheism as a principle or "ideology", it is lack of belief in godlike / supernatural entity.

When will you stupid children learn to stop bumping forced meme threads?

Atheism is the lack of belief of any gods or godesses.

why do you keep posting that shitty picture everywhere?

I was thinking generally of ill-conceived arguments, the kind you tend to see here all the time.

>if there were a God then bad things wouldn't happen in the world (war, trump, etc).

Inherently flawed. There is no definitive evil in the world. It depends on your point of view.

>I can't see God, so I know there is no God.

Ugh.

>My family doesn't believe in God, my friends don't believe in God, so clearly there is no God!

Not believing something because people you know don't believe in it can be as dangerous and limiting as believing something just because you know other people who believe in it.

THINK FOR YOURSELF. That is the point. And if you do think for yourself then it is easy to form a solid, logical basis for your position right? I mean, we're all rational human beings at the end of the day, are we not?

... right?

I guess the OP was only asking for a definition, not a defence. I retract my snarky comments.

>There is no definitive evil in the world. It depends on your point of view.
this 1000 times

Wrong. Atheism, or A-theism, A- prefix for anti-, and -theism suffix for a belief system, would be an anti-belief system. I'm not using the exact words but that is the gist. So a theism like Christianity, Islam, or Judaism, would be a system of belief in something (e.g. higher power, afterlife, etc.). Atheism is simply the disbelief.

Logic and faith are not opposites. It is not implicitly illogical to have faith and vice versa.