Hey Brazilians of Sup Forums, I need some advice. I work for a multinational transportation company...

Hey Brazilians of Sup Forums, I need some advice. I work for a multinational transportation company, and Im being sent to work in Fortaleza for 3-6 months. I dont really know anything about the place, so I was wondering if I could get some advice. The beaches look quite nice, so I guess thats a plus. What are some fun/interesting things to do there? Im moving there in 2 weeks.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RIP.

brasil has only 2 things to do.

cocaine and sex with mulattas

rip

Its not like Im going to wander into a favela at night. I think Ill be fine in the good parts of the city.

I lived 2 years in Fortaleza. Thats the 2th most violent big city of Brazil. But isnt that bad, I was never mugged there.

kkkkkk

You think being safe in brasil is as easy as not entering a favela. Marginals can leave the favela which is what they do.

be wary
dont be adventurous
go from your apartment to work, and from work to your apartment
dont go out at night

rip in pepperonis my friend

Favelas are safe, the danger is moving around downtown.

Can someone give me some non-meme advice please.

hm.. fortaleza is dangerous for other cities in Brazil not hanging out in poor places is enough but there is different, you have to look like a local, don't go taking photos of every place you see with expensive cameras.
be careful with places with poor iluminations too, but fortaleza is beatiful with really cool beaches, just be careful.

Avoid be murdered

you mean LIVING in a favela is safer than downtown
no criminal works at home

Thanks this seems like reasonable advice. What are some cool places to visit there? Also, whats the countryside like in that part of Brazil?

no such thing, Brasil is meme country. Just tapp this

youre going to the poorest region in brazil, dont go wandering around those parts look for some tourist city for the rich

take a look at this nice list.
it's not just the sheer amount of Brazilian cities that appear, but just check which is the first Brazilian city to feature in it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

>no criminal works at home
I wish

Yea, well Ive been to St Louis many times and never had any problems and thats just two spots lower.

Wow thats wierd I always thought Brazil had jungles everywhere. Looks like Arizona.

Err... you really aren't helping here...
My father lived in Fortaleza for 3 years, but that was back when it used to be a developing and not so big city, when it was really a calm and chill city (beginning of 90s) .
Now the city is fucking big (around 2 million people), disorganized and became one of the most violent city in Brazil. As a national rule, you always need to stay away from the poor neighbourhoods, but I don't know how are the noble neighbourhoods security situation in Fortaleza now.
The noble places gives a nice impression, principally near the beaches. At a first look you will be impressed about the development. But I can't inform about the security rate in these areas.

Try Serra da Capivara. Its a little far from Fortaleza and I never was there, but seems a interesting place to visit.

True jungles are in the North and in some parts of the Southeast coast only. Brazil has a diverse vegetation, just like USA

That seems interesting. Looks like some national parks in our Southwest.

>tfw live in the middle of the jungle
t.amazonas kurumin

>this gringo thinks Brazil is safe

OH MAI GAD! YOU GONNA GET ROBBED, ASSAULTED, BEATEN AND POSSIBLY EVEN RAPED.

>mulattas
>Fortaleza

Do criminals work home in Russia?