The terminator is supposed to be an Infiltration Unit

>the terminator is supposed to be an Infiltration Unit

Why did the machines think it would be a good idea to make their "infiltration unit" 6feet tall with huge bulging muscles and a strange accent? isn't an infiltration unit supposed to blend in? The Terminator would stick out like a sore thumb. Skynet was kinda dumb, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw
youtu.be/Y4OXujrjcRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was originally supposed to be Lance Henriksen, but once James Cameron met Arnold he decided to make him the Terminator (originally Arnold was going to be Kyle Reese). They then decided to give the movie a more sureal, nightmarish feeling, because of Arnold's larger than life presence.

1. the terminator chassis is huge. rather than make it smaller and less effective they just wrapped it in skin to make it more of an infiltrator

2. the terminators dont need to be conversationalists. they are just meant to get close enough to the target to pull out a gun

3. not everyone in the terminator universe has seen the terminator movies so the accent wouldn't be as huge a red flag

Is that Bill Paxton?

L.A. is full of people like that.

no.

>6 feet """tall"""
lmao when will they learn

An accent would also help blend in better since people will think Arnold is a weird foreigner and not a robot wearing skin.

I can't believe how much better the original is over this ONE JOB

So from googling I see they remade this scene in the genesis movie?

Fucking why.

why didnt they just cgi the rest of them : ^ )

Jesus.

>tv quality makeup
>clothing straight off the line
>hair looks like they just came off a modelling shoot
>that fucking lighting

They were self-aware enough to know that they would stick out no matter what; they found that this human form would most likely be able to pass as the aloof lone wolf archetype and be too imposing for anyone to want to question.

genisys puked all over T1 and T2.

i think its because arnold cant speak english very well

>people find this person attractive

so arnold trained all her life. how come she's so out of shape?

Its a movie.

*trained her all her life

Why did they get a Christian Slater lookalike to play a Bill Pullman lookalike?

youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw

They were robots who let's face it didn't know shit about humans.

That's why T2 was such an upgrade they were learning too. Plus they had to make the original unit capable of surviving the time travel trip. At least that's what I tell myself.

It would have been neat to see Lance Henriksen in the role.

wow that guy must be hitting the gym

>Why did the machines think it would be a good idea to make their "infiltration unit" 6feet tall with huge bulging muscles and a strange accent?

1. Skynet isn't perfect, and doesn't get the subtleties of human anatomy.
2. Big frame = more room for hardware

Skynet got better with future revisions, see: the T1000 and Cameron.

She has him whipped.

>this isn't science fiction. this is reality

>more room for hardware
Pic related is a T-888. It's a variant of the T-800 series and it's endoskeleton isn't very much different from the T-800s save for some strength improvements.

>Not making the appearance of a Terminator to look like a Sup Forums poster

People don't notice you in public. Admit it. Nobody would bat an eye at someone who looks like they are on their way too Walmart to buy some pizza rolls.

>arnold can't speak well
youtu.be/Y4OXujrjcRk

The demoralization doesn't stop