We're fucked

We're fucked.

>The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.
>Let it be an arms race. We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all.
--Donald Trump, President-elect of the United States of America

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/5899569/how-many-nukes-would-it-take-to-blow-up-the-entire-planet
youtube.com/watch?v=CLfkJODepcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>quads checked

Oh, I'm sure you will do just fine staying alive in your smelly cozy bedroom.

Until the walls disintegrate in nuclear fire.

Once upon a time, OP wasn't a faggit... it was 3.06pm on a Thursday as I recall... August, I believe... quite a few years ago now...

back when Sup Forums was good

>mfw military spending goes up -like it was going to anyhow
>mfw we'll have more nukes -even though we already have more than what's needed to do the maximum possible destruction
>mfw we'll have poor relations with Russia -just like we have for half a century
>mfw America stays the greatest country on earth through military dominance just like it has for generations
>mfw the only thing that changes is what the retards on Sup Forums shitpost about

>build wall
>build nukes
>nuke wall
>repeat
Jobs created. MAGA

> durr nukes are bad
Our nukes are made with 70s technology
Russia, China, North Korea are all building nukes
Thanks to shady deal now iran has nukular capability.

How bout you get some context before you shit your selfs over buzzwords faggots.

>and expand
Trump's words, nignog. He doesn't just want better, he wants more. As if the current stockpile which is already capable of killing all life on the planet multiple times isn't enough.

Good point my dude, when other countries are upgrading their nuclear capabilities the US totally should disarm and let them surpass us.
Because nukes r bad 'n stuff. I can't believe Trump isn't just cucking himself out of nuclear dominance.
Let's just ignore that upgrading America's nuclear capabilities would just be continuing Obama's policy. Because Obama good, Trump bad.

See:

I don't get it. Do you just criticize Trump because he says US doctrine out loud? Our policy for the past 70 years has been global domination, don't know why this is where you draw the line.

Strengthen and expand, equating this to "more nukes, just more, more." is mincing words.

>strengthen and expand
Pretending that ONLY equates to advancing tech is mincing words.

Expanding the nuclear arsenal is completely unnecessary. We can already destroy all life on the planet. That's more than enough. Calling for a nuclear arms race is only going to piss the rest of the world off and risk reigniting the Cold War.

Wouldn't interpreting it as ensuring America remain on top of the pile regarding nuclear development be reasonable?

We cannot destroy the planet, you don't know how this works. Also, Obama already devoted literally trillions to updating the nuclear arsenal, Cold War 2.0 has been on for over a year, welcome to reality.

We are already on top and that isn't going to change. We can already destroy all life on the planet many times over. We won't ever need more than that.

I didn't say we can destroy the planet. I said we can destroy all LIFE on the planet.

Obama quietly maintaining the existing nuclear arsenal is fine. Trump declaring via Twitter that he wants to start a nuclear arms race is not.

It would change if we don't compete on that front and other countries continue developing their nuclear program.
I don't see anything wrong with Trump advocating we stay competitive and don't back down when other countries talk about improving their nuclear capabilities.

I'm not sure he wants to start an arms race as much as saying if other countries want to go that route, America is ready to stay on top.

We can't destroy all life on the planet with our arsenal either, not even close. He's not maintaining it, he's spending massive amounts to update it.

You are just another lowest common denominator clown who freaks the fuck out when Trump is upfront about doing things that have been going on for decades while our politicians sold us feel good bullshit and avoided dark topics.

>Pretending that a tweet he spent 3 seconds is a concrete declaration on future policy for the next 4+ years.

Compete against what exactly? No country has even a moderately successful missile defense system, let alone one that would come close to defending against a fraction of our current nuclear weapons arsenal.

You must have missed the second quote. Trump literally said it would be an arms race.

You don't understand nuclear weapons at all. There are enough nukes in the world to destroy all land on the surface of the planet in a fucking fireball. This isn't even considering radiation and climate effects on life.

That already started with or without him.I hope you get paid to make these shitty points.

>pretending that the President of the United States shouldn't be held to his word

>says the guy who has a Hollywood understanding of nuclear warfare

K

Yes, my interpretation is that if other countries are determined to outmatch us, we won't let them, resulting in an arms race.
He's not asking other countries to compete with us, he's saying we will compete if they intend to.

Here you go, friendo. They did the math for you.

gizmodo.com/5899569/how-many-nukes-would-it-take-to-blow-up-the-entire-planet

"Expand nuclear capability" is a pretty general statement faggot.

This is how Trump's team tried to spin his first quote. Trump came out with the second quote a few hours later to make sure everyone knew he was literally calling for an arms race.

We have less than 10,000, you utter fucking moron

lmao "spin"

>He's not asking other countries to compete with us, he's saying we will compete if they intend to.

You're the one spinning it, bud.

By spin do you mean telling the truth? An arms race already started last year. Typical fucking plebs not paying any attention to geopolitics.

Good luck trying to arms match russia in nukes

Please tell us all how expanding it, in terms of either quantity or quality, beyond the ability to kill all life on the planet is necessary.

You dont understand the diplomatic importance of the idea of Mutually assured destruction. Your zero context highschool interpretation is an embarrassment.

What is your point, friendo? The number you used is irrelevant.

That you don't understand how powerful nukes are and assume we have enough to destroy the planet. You get your knowledge of nukes from cartoons and movies.

Calling for accelerating the arms race by antagonizing other world leaders via Twitter helps how?

>4500 nukes doesn't provide MAD
ok m80

0/10 low energy

>pretending the PoTUS isn't mortal

Not like any of this even matters. Everyone knows he said it as a bluff for bargaining with Putin. Russia knows, we know it, the only one who doesnt are autists on Sup Forums and libtards apparently.

just fucking humans don't deserve the planet, we are shit.

>you started it
>nuh uh you did
>nuh uh you did
Calling for a renewed nuclear arms race is only going to make things worse.

Yea but, he dosent do anything he says he will so i think we will be fine. The worst thing he is going to do is make himself even more rich then he was by abusing his office. Shitty but the world will survive

It's not my fault that you don't pay attention to geopolitics
youtube.com/watch?v=CLfkJODepcI

What are you 12? That's not how you address being proven wrong.

Playing games with nuclear war is idiotically dangerous.

You're interpretation that he's calling for an arms race isn't valid.
It's saying America is determined to remain the most nuclear capable country and if other countries want to overtake us, it will be an arms race. We will outlast them if that's what they want to do.

You completely ignored the article that proved you wrong. Fuck off.

life is boring. push button. hope for savage free for all. rape and pillage. life is worth living again.

>still not getting it
We can destroy all life on the planet at the push of a button. It isn't possible to "overtake" that.

It didn't, you imagine that it proved me wrong, but you have the same understanding of nukes as any uninformed moron.

Feel free to post proof of that then.

>protip: you can't

No we literally can't, that is so false it's cartoonish. Learn about these things from actual academic and scientific sources rather than entertainment media.

Like someone said earlier, mutually assured destruction is an important concept.
If we sit around and someone develops bigger nukes, more nukes, nukes that get past our defenses, defenses that stop our nukes -- We lose our nuclear dominance and are at a serious geopolitical disadvantage.

Know yoyr place and let the superior man do his job

Here's proof, you think the US has enough nukes ot end all life on Earth. Anyone who knows anything about nukes knows that's only what uninformed trailer trash think of nuclear war due to their lack of knowledge on the topic.

Again, post proof. Your uninformed opinion means nothing to me.

We can't design nuclear weapons to avoid defense systems that don't exist.

1. Having more nukes doesnt mean shit if your opponent can anielate you before you can launch them.
2. Having more nukes doesnt mean shit if you cant launch far enough to hit your opponent.
3 having more nukes doesnt mean shit if your opponent can defuse them before they detonate

All of witch are legit reasons to upgrade a nuclear arsenal To the point that it becomes common sense.

Post your proof you white trash retard. You need to prove that our current arsenal can end all life on Earth.

>Having more nukes doesnt mean shit

That's the only thing which makes sense

0/10 low energy

With the current arsenal and the 3 independent methods of delivery, your concerns are irrelevant.

The article was posted earlier ITT. Lrn2read.

>Trump's literally starting an arm's race guize, he's hitler

>I mean, T-trump's accelerating the arm's race!

>Really, he wants to put all our existing nukes through a car wash to dust them off

Nice backpedal, faggot. Why do 1st-year college students always think they know what the fuck's going on in the world when they ignore every bit of context and focus on "that guy with the hair is a big bully"?

100 nukes can.
The U.S. has 7,100

You know that everyone can tell you're a shill right?

I'm not aware on the specifics and capabilities of other countries' missile defense systems and I doubt you are either.
Pretty sure that's not public knowledge.
No matter how many nukes exist, what's important is to keep our dominance competitive and if anyone wants to challenge our dominance, we're willing to compete.

I don't see a problem. The worst that can happen is we all die. Which lets face, we're not that lucky. Besides, that's no big deal. We're going to anyways and to be honest, there actually is no point ultimately. So fuck it, no problem. At least we go out in a huge bang, and that's pretty cool.

Oh sorry I didn't realize that you were retarded. Point out where it says that it ends all life on Earth.

Nice strawman, faggot.

Shilling for what exactly?

If you think it's a game of chess with super secret technology, why in the fuck would it be a good idea to announce your intentions to the world via Twitter?

Whoever is funding C average retards from community college to astroturf the internet with president elect criticisms.

The underlined part near the bottom. Is reading that hard for you, user?

That's retarded.

Also, no one would dare. That's the point of nukes

Haha, you make a good point about publically announcing our intentions,
but I still don't think he's calling for an arms race or that ensuring the US remains competitive is a bad thing.

Someone has to counter the Russian Trump shills, Dmitry.

Exactly. We already have MAD. Announcing via Twitter that we need more, stronger nukes is fucking retarded.

I don't even like Trump, but thanks for admitting it outright.

That's not what that says fuckstick, try again.

He literally said "let it be an arms race."

Why are you focusing on Twitter? State actors don't get their intel from twitter you mongoloid. They already know that we already decided to modernize our arsenal.

I don't think you know what a strawman is, you clearly backpedaled when you got called on your bullshit.

Stop trying to save face and insert yourself in a conversation when you clearly don't know shit about geopolitics or the past 2-5 years of international goings-on. You clearly just have a vested interest in talking shit about the new President, which is pretty fucking sad to be quite honest considering the guy hasn't changed your life in one negative way thus far. Take that chip off your shoulder you indoctrinated tool and meet the real world.

Admitt it faggot you are closed minded and are simply reacting to buzzwords based on your political bias and you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.
>every trump says is bad Hurr

>That's not what that says
In your mind, destroying all land and sea ecosystems is somehow different from destroying all life?

No he knows, he's a shill user. It's pretty obvious.

Yes, if other countries want to overtake us, we won't back down, resulting in an unavoidable arms race.
He isn't asking other countries to develop their arsenal, he's saying if that's what they intend then "let it be an arms race" meaning we won't be surpassed, we will "outlast them"

Seriously though. Todays college students are perhaps the dumbest "educated" mother fuckers in US history. They have so much information at their fingertips and don't know a damn thing. What little they do know can be reduced to confirmation bias, generally speaking. What happen to so many of you? What's the point of going to college if you're not going to study something that matters? Why do you put your feelings in front of your intellect as the priority? I just don't understand you dumb fucks.

I give up. Actually, I don't now anymore. I'm out of here.

He has to pretend there will be a war against othr superpowers because winning such a war and plundering the defeated enemy is the only chance USA has to ever pay their 20 trillion debt.

Cf. WW2.

"all"

Just give up, you're pathetic.

NAAAAH its fine, you're overreacting. If someone did actually "freak out" then he'd just be like:

"Yo, its twitter. What are you, a libtard? No one takes that shit seriously"

Technology grows exponentially faggot its absolutely relevent.

The thing is, Trump announced this nonsense on twitter, and white house advisor followed it up with "What he actually meant was this..."

Trump is a puppet. A retarded puppet. He's being treated like an embarrassing elderly relative.

Yeah, only Americans read Twitter.

What exactly did you interpret as backpedaling? As I have stated repeatedly, Trump's call for a nuclear arms race is dangerous and stupid.

i know right how right? how dare we arm ourselves
against our plethora of enemies

we need to follow the example of our European
comrades and simply let them take over

Or else he thinks he can bust China economically with an arms race. Stupid fuck.

>Yeah, only Americans read Twitter.

Your boss needs to drop you. This is a non-sequitur that doesn't address what I just told you at all.

>hurr the capability to destroy all life on the planet isn't enough

You claimed world leaders wouldn't get information from Twitter. I pointed out how fucking stupid that comment was. Care to try again, friendo?

>hurr doesn't understand the concept of mutually assured destruction