Star Trek the Motion Picture

This shit is fucking terrible, seriously wtf.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=anMOQ3vTy9k
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj178APgdno
ianlawrencemodels.com/wipplentcom.html
canonfodder.ex-astris-scientia.org/?History_&_Cartography:Hypothetical_History_of_the_Borg
youtu.be/MZjAantupsA
youtu.be/lYzijRRRYxU
youtu.be/nEUno4QEQFQ
youtu.be/XimIbnMbeRE
youtu.be/1zk0ToEA8sY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It tries so hard to be like 2001 that it's funny.

What don't you like about it?

Sort of. It's visually entertaining though.

>50% of the movie is space ship loading scenes

why?

>Millennials posting

Because they finally had money to build an awesome model and they got too excited.

This is one of those boring episode stories where they encounter something "weird", only now it lasts more than two fucking hours

35 years old

>This is one of those boring episode stories where they encounter something "weird", only now it lasts more than two fucking hours
you mean like the best episodes of star trek?

Anything with Captain Kirk and Spock, with the original actors, is fucking good. The film could be 2 hours of Spock taking it up the ass and it'd be a good movie.

TMP is great, second best Trek film after Voyage Home

haha wouldn't that be crazy!
I wonder if something like that exist hahah
that would be soooo weird! Someone should be a troll and totally post that hahahah

What happened to the bald chick, I totally zoned out, she didn't get probed but became probed? lol

LOL she just bursted through a wall, calm down sinead

She became Borg.

they should give her the d so she appreciates carbon lifeforms more

>She became Borg

Fucking seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the actual fucking origin of the Borg.

>second best Trek film after Voyage Home

user, please. Neither of these even come close to Wrath of Khan. Based Montalban.

I agree, some writer literally probably rewatched this movie and came up with the borg.

V'ger makes me think of Vagina

youtube.com/watch?v=anMOQ3vTy9k

>Fucking seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the actual fucking origin of the Borg.

That's been speculated ever since the Borg were introduced in Q, Who?

t. plebs

TMP is trekkino

>synth drones for 3 minutes as the ship slowly drifts across the screen
bravo

the majority of the actors had to be going "wtf" during most of production lol

Is that from the Legacy game? It's been ages since I've played that, but I don't think it was canon, I mean the game itself had a shitloads of sexy, made-up classes, pic related.

>being a cosmic pleb
bravo

V'GER NAME REVEAL
FUCKING MIND BLOWN

Yeah, that's just like... your opinion, man.

yes TMP might be boring storywise, but they spent a ton of money on visuals and effects.

About 15 years ago I came across a site of the guy who painted the Enterprise model for the movie, spending MONTHS forming a lighting and paint scheme for it, while getting to look good under studio lighting.

TMP is a piece of art, and should be treated as such, not a action movie (that's where Trek Ii comes in)

Also look at the glorious warm effect that was lost on future movies

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj178APgdno

Word up!
Devil in the Dark, The Corbomite Maneuver, The Changeling – Some of the awesomest of awesome Trek episodes deal with that sort of story . But only one movie. And that's why it's awesome.

>35 years old

You posted that on the internet, so it must be true.

>Word up!

The fuck? It's like the 80's-90's all over again. You better be wearing a fucking dookie chain, Kangol cap, and unlaced Adidas to make that saying work.

>About 15 years ago I came across a site of the guy who painted the Enterprise model for the movie, spending MONTHS forming a lighting and paint scheme for it, while getting to look good under studio lighting.

Look to what lengths scale model enthusiasts go to even get CLOSE to that effect:
ianlawrencemodels.com/wipplentcom.html

Almost every page is merely concerned with lighting and the paint scheme, with the last five pages dealing EXCLUSIVELY with the combination of paint and decals used on the saucer part of the model.

I'm old.

>This is one of those boring episode stories

YEA, BRAH, THAT SHIT IS FUCKING GAY, FUCK THAT HOMO CRAP, THE LAST FEW TREK MOVIES R MORE FUCKING WICKED THAN THAT GAY BORING CRAP, HAVING ________ BEING MAD AS FUCK AND HAVING A BIGGER SHIP THAN THE ENTERPRISE AND KICKING ITS ASS, THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME, SO FUCKING CASH BRAH, LIKE FUCKING HELLAKINO, HIGH FIVE MAH NIGGARONI

Me too. Nice to meet a fellow b-boy.

I have that model actually. Bought it about 11 years ago. Too scared to built it because I know I'll fuck something up. And its out of print now so I dont have another chance if I blow it.

I will saw, that saucer is HUGE almost 2' in diameter and the ship is almost 5 feet long in the end. A great model by polar lights

The RPF dot com has guy that do all kind of that shit, in their studio scale forum, they have guys that spend thousands of dollars and hours tracking down all the old models ILM used to build the studio models from Episodes 4-6, hundreds of store bought models no longer made that ILM guys would use one or two parts from for some small detail on the MilleniumFalcon model.

Those guys are crazy as fuck, but dedicated.

>Not liking objectively the best Star Trek movie.

canonfodder.ex-astris-scientia.org/?History_&_Cartography:Hypothetical_History_of_the_Borg

You misspelled Nemesis.

Fuck off. That song is rad:
youtu.be/MZjAantupsA

Also every decade since the 80s has had its own version so far:

>mid-nineties:
youtu.be/lYzijRRRYxU
>late nineties/turn of the century (this sucks!):
youtu.be/nEUno4QEQFQ

>oughties:
youtu.be/XimIbnMbeRE

>tens (this sucks even more!):
youtu.be/1zk0ToEA8sY

>Fuck off.

Likewise, you fucking tool. Firstly, I was commenting not on the song, but on the the fact that he used it as a saying. Which I haven't heard since the 80's-90's. Also, EVERY VERSION OF THAT SONG SUCKS. Except for the original.

Yesh, itsh me. Bend over, pusshy!

>Firstly, I was commenting not on the song, but on the the fact that he used it as a saying

But that was the joke, dude-a-roni.
And the Gun version doesn't suck.

>Word up!
>Dude-a-roni

I feel at home ;_;