Hey Sup Forums so I keep trying to show my son, 11 y/o...

Hey Sup Forums so I keep trying to show my son, 11 y/o, all the Star Wars movie in numerical order (as George Lucas has always said the movies should be watched) but he keeps falling asleep at episode ii and really doesn't seem interested at all in the movie. Frankly, I don't blame him, the clone wars is my least favorite of the saga and I've almost fallen asleep watching it myself in the past. Should I just skip episode ii and give him a synopsis or should I get him to push through it in order to understand the bigger picture that George Lucas was trying to portray?

Fuck that movie man skip that shit

You should have him watch the ONLY trilogy and forget the other pieces of shit.

Try with "animation movie" or series... they are way better.

show him the new movies and if he's interested he can watch the original ones later. Forcing it will only make him resent Star Wars and become a Trek fan, just to spite you.

its so hard to watch without fapping to natalie portman. Do not watch with son

You need to take your son out to the middle of the woods and abandon them.

There are fan edits.

The one I enjoyed was the "Anti Cheese Edit" .

Used to be on YouTube, but it was taken down by Disney. There is still a certain bay for pirates where you can find it, if you type in "anti cheese". it cuts out all the bullshit. It's still not a good movie, though, but it's better.

this.

My kids only know the original trilogy and the new ones, there's no vital information in the prequel trilogy needed to enjoy the rest of the saga

Amphetamines

if you want to watch the prequels
>iv
>ii
>iii
>v
>vi
>vii

if you want to ignore shit
>iv
>v
>vi
>(vii) i liked it.

You should buy him all of the old EU books you can find and take away all electronics for a month.

/thread

When he falls asleep slap him in the face like the lottle punk bitch that he is.

Fallin asleep to starwars? Shit, not today lil nigga

The second movie is the worst. You can honestly skip it almost entirely and just explain that anakin lost his arm in the clone wars. Episode 1 and 3 are still good. Episode 2 just has the part where the federation gets a "hostile takeover".

1 3 r1 4 5 6 are really the only important films.

Me and my friends don't watch 7. And the kids don't like it that much either and have literally said they would rather watch episode 4 instead

Okay, okay. The perfect showing order is:

iv
v
ii
iii
vi
(if desired)
vii

forget episode i, it does nothing for canon.

justification:
iv and v introduces the main arch story line and concepts; the skywalkers, the force, jedi, etc. Most importantly it does not spoil the *luke i am your father bit*. Jumping then to i and ii is kind of like a flash back introducing Anakin/Vader. Then back to return of the jedi to tie it all together nicely. You can vii next if desired, additionally you can iv with Rouge One if you desire, it shouldn't spoil much but may not be appreciated until after watching the entire arch.

My faves are

>III
>V
>VI
>IV
>II
>I
>VII

*precede iv with Rouge One*

Machete order. My man

you know it!

your son is probably a little fruit if he doesnt like star wars. and i think people should show their kids star wars as it came out. 4/5/6 then 1/2/3/4/5/6 as they were released. although at this point you could change it to 1/2/3/rogue1/4/5/6/7 in order. but i still think 4/5/6 should be first. they suck visually compared so they probably won't appreciate them as much if you show them the eye candy of the others first

Best way to watch.