2016 is already half over

>2016 is already half over

what are some films that deal with existential crisis?

Synecdoche, New York

You are not alone user.

It's fucking bullshit what's happening

>2000 was 20 years ago

FUUCCKK

groundhog day. you ever feel like you're repeating yourself every so often?

it's been a shitty year, familia

I just want to go back to 2014 ;_;

There's a french ww2 movie about some kids in a boarding school and all I can remember is one of the kids being like "We'll never get this second of this minute of this day of this year ever again". It was a better idea than anything else in the movie

accept it user. you have to fall. to lose it all, because in the end it doesn't even matter, but the harder to cling the more it hurts

>Gotta graduate
>Gotta get a job
>Gotta get a car
>Gotta get an apartment
>Gotta get a house
>Gotta travel
>Gotta see the world
>Gotta pursue passions
>Gotta learn skills
>Gotta become cultured
>Gotta become well informed
>Gotta become spiritually solid
>Gotta be active in community
>Gotta maintain lots of friendships
>Gotta have lots of meaningful relationships
>Gotta have lots of sex
>Gotta do it before it's too late
>Gotta gotta go on tv

>2014
>Not 2007

A Serious Man
The Master
Sunset Limited (might drive you to suicide)

>2008 was 12 years ago

movies for this feel?

soylent green

Quartier lointain

>tfw got first proper job this year (€4000/month consulting)
>still feel empty inside

I want to go back to 2014 too, was much happier then

I just want to be a teenager again living in my parents house when they weren't divorced and my life had a purpose and I was happy

there will be a day when you make the

>2056 is already half over

JUST THINK ABOUT IT

at least they aren't still "together" and one of them has a mental illness and is constantly threatening the other, and you have to keep visiting them because you know that someday they might really do it (again)

>tfw Don Draper was right about happiness being just a state before needing more happiness

Reminder that if you have your health, you're doing pretty good and can turn your life around.

t. disabled user

>before it's too late
This has been in the back of my head for a long time, yet I do the same old shit. Go to work. Come home. Repeat.

>I have six more summers until I'm 30

>carched

2014 I wanted to kill myself, 2011 is the year I want to go back to.

Taxi Driver. A film entirely about the freling of ennui

I just want to go back to the year I was born so I can fucking strangle my mother and father before I come into existence.

Ikiru.

one day your life will get worse, you will fondly look at your blissful cripple days, then you will regret this patronizing hypocritical post and die.

i heart huckabees is one of the best existential movies i have ever seen.

2001 a space odyssey
which was 15 years ago btw

i sometimes feel restless like there's this big resolution that needs to happen before my mind can rest and i can't just go on living normally ignoring it because something is wrong. it's like a big explosion waiting to happen and i just want to make it happen but can't

>patronizing hypocritical post

Just trying to cheer up younger/healthy anons sorry it came off that way. Yeah, things can always get worse, but a health crisis puts a lot in perspective.

A Serious Man is the correct answer

2014 was based as fuck, take me back

tell that to yourself, why don't you cheer up instead of trying to cheep others?
oh you can't

>2013
>literally no job
>was heading into senior year at uni
>friend gave me free painkillers
>enjoyed the shit out of vidya for what would turn out to be the last time that summer
>binged breaking bad, BSG, and other series

I can't let go of those memories. That was the best time of my life, user. Everything since has been a vain attempt to recapture that glory.

I woke up the other day with my arm paralyzed for the first time and panicked the fuck out, it was only because of an odd sleeping position and came back after a minute.

But fuck, that minute. I love health.

i remember being in hospital for months during college, bedbound, and just wishing i could be there forever, make it my home, the nurses being the only people i ever see, people who need to tend to me and be polite and listen

everything provided for me. all i had to trade in was my freedom and some physical discomfort. to be honest i'd do it.

what if consciousness never actually ends what if we're doomed to think and feel forever?

at least this life ends

>it's another user drinks himself to sleep episode

These never used to come on every night

I did shrooms and had a horrible panic attack pondering this. I felt like I was imprisoned in my brain, in the moment forever.

been watching that episode rerun every night for at least 6 years now, join the club m8

I'd rather be crippled and a permanent lonely failure than have a dead brother.

are you me?

Holden pls

>mfw 2009 was 18 years ago
Fuck I'm olde xDDDD

bruh

the cycle of samsara continues forever
i wish i could help you but i can't even help myself ;_;

My granddad passed away today, only 72

Sorry to hear user. Cause of death?

disappointed to death

I've felt this feel since I was was 26. Im 33 and this feel has driven me so crazy that I'm seriously considering selling my house, giving away my shit and quoting my job so I can travel around Europe. Fuck it

i'm sorry man

lad, i...

it helps to know I am not alone in this, while simultaneously being completely and utterly alone

>a health crisis

What did you get diabeetus neckbeard?

>the only thing keeping the man going is knowing it eventually ends

>72
he lived a long life

> tfw sleeping on the floor my whole life

> tfw sexually frustrated

> tfw no friends

> tfw dont even have a bed or sofa to be comfy on

> tfw parents and ugly sisters running up and down and making noise and disturbing me

> tfw given up on all the normie shit, having qt gf, being a normal human etc

> tfw just trying to get a job to move out of parents 2m x 2m spare room

>tfw my idea of "making it" is literally having my own tv, sofa, bed and peace and quiet for the first time in my life

rip

prostate cancer, i went and saw him yesterday at least. He could hear and see me but i cant imagine what was going on in his mind

Yeah, he had only just retired though. He wanted to go to France and my sisters wedding

That sucks dude, I lost my grandfather two months ago.

I really miss him.

>Europe
>Worth traveling around
between isis fucking everything up and niggers everywhere be prepared for the ultimate culture shock.

only place i regret not spending more time in was amsterdam and england because they where expensive as all fuck

This.
2009 was literally the end of happiness.

>tfw my idea of "making it" is literally having my own tv, sofa, bed and peace and quiet
That's mine too. and I have a bed, although I do still live with my parents
I don't have any big dreams and aspirations, just want tons of free time to do whatever I want.

>Every year goes by faster than the one before it
>years are starting to fly by
>before you know it you'll be 30, 40, 50
>your beauty will be the first to deteriorate, then your body and your mind will follow.
>you will never be actually happy

“Everything is more complicated than you think. You only see a tenth of what is true. There are a million little strings attached to every choice you make. You can destroy your life every time you choose. But maybe you won’t know for twenty years! And you may never ever trace it to its source. And you only get one chance to play it out. Just try and figure out your own divorce…

“And they say there’s no fate, but there is, it’s what you create. And even though the world goes on for eons and eons, you are only here for a fraction of a fraction of a second. Most of your time is spent being dead, or not yet born. But while alive, you wait in vain wasting years for a phone call or a letter or a look from someone or something to make it all right, but it never comes. Or it seems to, but it doesn’t really.

“So you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer hope that something good will come along, something to make you feel connected, something to make you feel cherished, something to make you feel loved. And the truth is is, I feel so angry! And the truth is, I feel so fucking sad! And the truth is, I’ve felt so fucking hurt for so fucking long and for just as long, I’ve been pretending I’m okay, just to get along!

“I don’t know why. Maybe because…no one wants to hear about my misery…because they have their own.

Fuck everybody. Amen.”

I thought I had it bad. At least I have a bed and I'm probably way younger than you. I live in a basement with 4 siblings and my parents. I share a room with my younger brother and older sister. I can't sleep whenever I want, there's barely any cooked food during the week + there's 7 people in the "house" so food doesnt last long. My parents are super religious and can't spend a day without forcing it on us.
I'm going to college and dorming there next month (wow so close) so it'll be the first time in my life where I get a solid amount of space and a healthy amount of food.

>mfw heartless a heartless mod is gonna 404 this feels thread

You are 1000% correct, senpai

>sleeping on the floor
>couch next to me is infested with bed bugs
>the wall next to it is literally filled with thousands of bed bugs
>cant sleep
>hole in ceiling
>piss from the neighbors dog rains on me throughout the day
>cant get out of this shithole
>just shitpost on Sup Forums all day

why i was doing so well

2016 has been getting better for me. I started the year unemployed and with my wife leaving me.

Now I have a better job, kept the house (Refinancing to save a few hundred/mo.. thanks Brexit!!), and am lost in a sea of meaningless sex on Tinder.

>It's an user un-JUSTs his life episode

Life hasn't been the same since I understood the truth of the afterlife.

>>piss from the neighbors dog rains on me throughout the day

>after
>life

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice [Ultimate Cut]

The Force Awakens was better than the prequels, you're just mad because Disney owns the franchise now and George isn't allowed to ruin it any further.

disabled user here, currently turning my life around although it's hard.

most people don't have any excuse except the limitations they've set on themselves, and it makes me sad.

you're using the wrong tank

If you don't drink and do hard drugs, don't start. If you do drink or do hard drugs, try to taper off now.

Withdrawal takes this feeling and turns it into the most crushing, suicide inducing experience you can imagine, only worse because you're physically fucked up too.

Don't get addicted to over eating either. If you need something to take the edge off, get addicted to media and hitting the gym.

mine passed away at 72 as well, shot himself in the head after suffering from cancer.

I still remember watching him take upwards of 13+ pain pills and them do nothing to ease his pain, and listening to him pant in bed hurting, crying out how he wasn't ready to die. I remember hearing the last call he made my mom about how he was planning to do it soon, and her begging him to wait.

My grandmother and young cousin (whom they cared for and she considered her real parents) ended up finding him in the shower, so I guess the talk didn't work and the pain was too much to handle.

Getting old is scary.

sounds like bad anxiety to me

>It's a shitty /r9k/-tier feels thread

Kindly fuck off back there and never return, k thx

I feel you bro. My grandmother commited suicide at 74. She'd suffered from a virus a few years earlier that fucked with her nervous system and caused her chronic neuropathic pain that nothing could cure. She tried to kill herself 4 times until she finally succeeded by tying a plastic bag on her head and suffocating.

2014 was my absolute worst year. Was a huge alcoholic the whole time, drinking a fifth a day at my worst. Never going back to that. Such a waste

Everything is scary.

Some people call it anxiety, and those people usually throw around words like depression as well. I call it the human condition. But of course theres a ton of people on the internet who will tell you they're having a really good time being alive, because thats cooler.

I had a panic attack for the first time this year. Hopefully it doesn't become a regular occurrence. As I result I have a lot more sympathy for people with more serious mental health issues, seeing how bad some of the physical symptoms can be.

>Dan Cilley

>what are some films that deal with existential crisis?

Nothing.

I think that was the year I was concurrently addicted to alcohol, benzodiazipines, and opiates. Subsequently went bezerk and homeless, and that taught me a lesson for a while. But now its around the 4th of july time and I'm back at it like clockwork. Having money is such a curse for someone who hates thinking and feeling, is scared to die, and can purchase things over the internet legally to put inside himself that will temporarily stop the thinking and feeling but ultimately bring him closer to death.

Everyone will experience panic attacks at least a couple times in their life, but many won't know that its a panic attack. Focus on your breathing, and remember the worst that'll happen is you'll faint and wake back up again. That can be embarrassing but even that rarely happens to people. Just focus on your breathing.

>My granddad passed away today, only 72

>5 years since my grandfather passed today

That's the only thing I'm truly afraid of.

I had a bad DMT trip where I realized humanity is constantly striving to reach some greater goal or purpose only for it to be hollow and meaningless. The greatest high, the best sex, the most power, and the most knowledge will never be enough. The sense of true fulfillment is robbed by us knowing there's always something better just out of our grasp that we'll never reach.

I also had the thought that everything in the universe has consciousness to a degree. Every cell that makes up our bodies has it's own biological imperative to complete a set task until it ceases to exist in its current form. All the irrefutable laws of physics exist for a reason right? Who's to say sub atomic particles don't have some form of consciousness so different from humans that's it's impossible to perceive or quantify in any meaningful way? What if everything in the universe has consciously come together to get us to where we are? What if meta cognition is the end goal of biological evolution and it's up to us to create something else and go further? What if there's nothing else and all the misery, suffering, and unfulfillment of the human experience is it? I don't doubt that when I die my consciousness in its current state will cease to exist. What worried me was whether all the atoms that make up my body will continue to "think" in some form and I'll end up floating in space for eternity

I stopped doing drugs after that and now I just overwhelm my mind with entertainment so I don't think about dumb shit like that

so many fallacies

>I stopped doing drugs after that and now I just overwhelm my mind with entertainment so I don't think about dumb shit like that

You just know we fucked up as a race when this is one of the healthier options to get through life with minimal suffering.

you are not a beautiful or unique snowflake