Im really unhappy in my relationship, but i know if i break up with her it'll destroy her...

im really unhappy in my relationship, but i know if i break up with her it'll destroy her. am i dooming myself to a shitty, resent filled life by staying with her? pic isnt related

feeling the same sometimes, i think she could even suicide

The pic will never be related as long as you stay. Life is short. Unless you're miserable.

Don't know, let's see her

How long have you been together?

I was in a similar situation about a month ago, but we had only been dating for a couple months. I got so fed up with her bullshit that I started calling her out, and eventually got her to dump me.

thats what im scared of.
i am miserable
no
close to 5 years

5 years is a lot, why aren't you into her any more?

I am, but i'm not. i think we're just incompatible. and i'm not feeling very loved, tbh. I know, i'm being a bitch, but i need to vent. i know i should talk to her, but i cant because if i bring it up she'll think she's horrible and the worst gf ever and cry

Then op is fag

It wouldn't be related even if he left.
You fucking idiots thinking life is one giant orgy waiting for you as soon as you walk out the door.
It's not. 20% of the dudes are fucking 80% of the chicks.

Wrong. If you break up with her you'll regret it. At least all the good parts, you should actually try to be a good guy to her do shit that will actually make her excited.

After awhile maybe you'll see how much you like her.

On the whole "It will destroy her."

Quit giving yourself too much credit. She'll get over it, and let someone go balls deep and discover how much she loves him instead and how she was with such an unpleasant guy

Are you me, OP?

I'm about to move into a house with my gf in a new city. We've been having arguments literally every other time we meet up. She's clingy, insecure and quite possibly crazy.

I don't quite love her like I used to and I'm already feeling like we should probably break it off. It would crush her though and make the next couple of years of our lives so much more personally challenging in terms of our lives and careers.

Pic related

That's when you buy her a ton of trifle shit and go down on her for an hour and then fuck her for two

I know where you're coming from.

My gf and I broke up after about three years for similar reasons. I was depressed as fuck (she called it off). We spent a few months apart, and both dated other people, and found that we weren't happy with anybody else and eventually got back thogether. Your situation may be different, but it could also be that time apart may help. You should bring it up, tell her that she needs to handle it maturely. Don't let her whining get in the way of you doing what you gotta do.

I dumped a gf a month away from marriage. I considered suicide myself because she was so committed etc at the time but eventually got sacked up and did the hard thing. It was the right choice. No-one should hold you in that kind of bind. You only get one life. If you marry her and genuinely feel that way you'll end up divorcing and then there will be kids etc. Now is the best time before the cage gets even harder to crawl out of. Become distant for a while and non responsive. IT will set her up for the idea.

Ok, who is that girl on the right with the giant tits? I've been searching for her for a while.

how would breaking up challenge your careers?

Staying with someone who makes you unhappy is how people wind up in the news for domestic violence arrests.

If you've exhausted all other avenues of reaching a happy and fulfilling relationship together, then the best thing is to break up.

breakups are hard, that's part of the point.
but you can't stay just so she won't feel bad a few times.
make her feel bad. enough of this safe-space bullshit.

plus, if you end things, then eventually she will find someone who will be happy with her.

break up.

Totally relatable (not OP). Start calling her out on her bullshit, if she doesn't come to the realization that things need to change, it'll be a lot easier to break up.

But why if he gets nothing in return? I am in the same spot. 8 years, don't feel loved. Incompatible in a lot of areas. But haven't left due to it possibly destroying her and the memories, etc..

If you're scared to break up because she may kill herself, then she is mentally and emotionally abusing you. I've been there, and you need to GET OUT NOW

Lucie wilde/buffy

This

Exactly. Don't let her play the victim. She's victimizing you.

Dump her. Don't put yourself through that shit.
You will be glad you did.

We both worked really hard to support each other this whole year and land jobs in our field.

In two weeks we're moving to one of the most expensive cities in the world and both of our jobs are going to be demanding.

I think the pressure of breaking up, finding a new place and trying to keep our heads above water will make it more difficult. Last time we semi-broke up she told me she had suicidal thoughts.

Always be honest. If you are unhappy with her leave, and be honest about why. If that upsets her still leave. You both deserve to be with someone who makes you feel special and happy even if it hurts her now she will appreciate it later in life.

Suicidal thoughts? Or legitimate suicide consideration?

shit sucks, man. i just want to kill myself. not just because of this, i have a whole laundry list of shit wrong with my life.
hah. i fucking wish.
i want to see other people, but i don't want to not be happy, then come back and her just thinking i wanted to sleep around. not gonna lie, i do wanna sleep around. im only 21, im supposed to be having fun being out, not wasting my youth feeling sorry for myself in an unhappy relationship.
I have been really cold to her lately, not even on purpose, i just cant keep up the facade.
that's lucy wilde, im a fan of hers. might post soem shit for you if i feel up to it
no, she's not threatening to do it or anything, it's just a worry i have. she's not abusing me.
the thing is, i think i still love her. i dont want her to be with someone else. hypocritical but its true.

>i dont want her to be with someone else

that's not love.

maybe you both need some help

Teach me your ways pls. I would love for my gf to dump me.

Talk to her about it, break it off, work on some self improvement, have fun, live life. Make yourself do it, it'll be well worth it.

Yes you are. Break up with her, don't ruin your life just for her. It will destroy her. She will rebuild. Humans are resilient.

nah give us video sauce

thats for sure
sauce has already been given, read.
i might have to guys. i know we're all just anonymous faggots here but thanks. ive needed this

As in thinking of hanging herself with electrical cords

I'd try moving out and shacking up with some rando roommates. You don't have to live with her, and in my experience, living together before you're both making stable income and have a nest egg is a recipe for trouble.

On top of that, it doesn't matter if she is threatening suicide or talking about it. You shouldn't be a factor in that decision. She obviously needs help, and you need to start thinking before you jump.

Good luck, OP. Stand your ground.

johnny is that you?

She must be tiny. Tell her to see a doctor.

Just leave her and don't let her take you hostage by being afraid of what she could possibly do. She's holding you hostage by putting a gun to her head instead ya dig?

Call the cops if you have to and they'll throw her in the loony bin for a bit.

don't listen to this faggot who has no clue about anything he's talking about. you're girlfriend sounds mentally unstable, not missing "excitement" and is not looking to go balls deep because you're somehow mistreating her.

I've actually done a 5 year relationship with someone I thought would do the same thing. Just get out and stop being her caretaker.

Abuse takes many forms, ed-boy. If you know her well enough to have that fear, and you really think she could act on it, then you need to get out.

i broke up with mine thinking the same. but really, she was okay with it.
we still talk, and now she says she wants to be cuddle buddies.

You're not responsible for her emotions. If you're unhappy, prolonging it ain't gonna help. Talk to her honestly. Get out, or don't. Make a fucking decision and own it.

Life is too short to live unhappily with someone out of fear of what 'might' happen.

You're prolly making her life worse by being an unhappy betacompanion rn.

You're the hero this thread needs

no
no, she doesn't have any sort of suicidal tendencies, i'm just scared it COULD happen. trust me, i'm not being abused.
inb4 spoken like a true abused person

balls. thought it could have been one of my best friends who's in a similar pickle. OP i wish you the best of luck. i was in a similar spot last year. get out of it if that's what you're thinking. may the force be with jew

Third option. Learn to share like the rest of society hadn't.

Monogamy is the root of most fuck ups.

I feel like I'm in an identical situation. The problem is my girlfriend basically has only 1 real friend. And not the best relationship with her family.

I can't stand being her boyfriend but I also can't stand the thought of her being as lonely as she might be if I dumped her.