I want to learn a language

I want to learn a language.

Should I learn Russian, Korean, Chinese or Japanese?

Currently leaning towards Russian, I am 23 and could consider moving to one of these countries in the future.

What are some pros/cons of each?

Bump

>Chinese
this
number one economy

>le 900 million poor people will buy you're a stuff

CHEEKI BREEKI TOVARISH XAXAXAXAXAXA

The russians on here told me the same thing both times that russian is basically a waste of time unless you explicitly want to live and work in russia.

I would just do chinese if you want to do one that's economical and you haven't been convinced by that mandarin user's post against it yet.

Tho this
1°-Spanish
2°-Chinesse
3°-russian

Number of speakers and how usable can It be...

Japan has a population of 127 million. And they are a first world country.

Not sure what kind of secrets the Russians hold, but they must be pretty important.

Mandarin's pros: large amount of native speakers, growing economy, rich ancient culture
cons: non-existent modern culture, shitty country to live in
Japanese pros: best ever modern culture, decent classic culture, good country to live in
cons: stagnating economy
Korean: don't bother, it's just a shittier version of Japan and the language is ugly as hell
Russian pros: decent classic culture
cons: everything else; unless you're already a Russiaboo I wouldn't bother

Cheeki Breeki Iv Damke.

Nah, Chinese is the better option as they are growing power in the world. Soon, it will be a world language. Korean is a trash language. Sounds like shit.

Mandarin it is.

I guess it might help with my employment prospects too.

I will definitely learn Russian 2nd though.

Idk about the UK but in Australia learning Mandarin isn't really useful for employment because there's hundreds of thousands of native speakers here who can do it better than you. That's why schools here teach Japanese.

Lern Esperanton.

Oy pizdec blyad idi nahuy suka

No one is going to tell you which language to learn.

If you don't have iron discipline and habit formation skills then you won't ever learn a language by just going by abstract economic considerations or the numbers of speakers.

This aren't things that keep people motivated.

If you have an initial interest for Russian than just go with Russian.

An intellectual curiosity or an affinity for an aspect of the attached country's culture or its people is way better at motivating you. So just go with the first gut feeling or at least try to develop such an interest along the way.

Great advice. I am pretty much fluent in Korea owing to my autistic fascination with Korean folk music. Thinking of learning Mandarin now. Can't say I'll ever learn japanese because I don't like anime

sysh yopta blya nah huli razblyadugalsya tut

It's pretty simple, really.

On the one hand you have a language A that has a lot of speakers in one particular area of the world and on the other hand you have a language B with way less speakers but this language is attached to a certain interest of yours.

If you try learning A then you are more likely to burn out and fail in your pursuit if you try learning B you are pretty likely to fail as well, actually, but you have a higher chance at actually succeeding because your initial interest would keep you motivated and if you are luckily you develop others along the way.

You lost me

how about learning how not to fuck up tea by putting milk in it?

I was in Canada and they did the same.

Leafs, care to explain yourselves?

No, we don't do that. It's a lie. American propaganda.

I saw it with my own eyes. Straight out of the bag into the tea.

STOP LYING

Korea's population is 70 million
China's population is 1.3 billion
Japan's population is 120 million

And Korea's influence is the smallest among developed countries.

There is no reason to learn Korean, and the character is the easiest, but the hardest to speak in addition Korean is the most complex in the world

you can't understand about korean, you have to learn to japanese or chinese

>Russian pros: decent classic culture
Sole reason I want to learn Russian is for literature Anton Chekhov for example

former satellite states use it

Japanese has 400 words to express rain.
1000 types of wind
We mix kanji with hiragana and katakana, we express finely.
If you could feel the season by listening to Japanese, you are Japanese.
It is not suitable for business but you can touch a new world

I believe it’s fair to treat your irrational desires irrationally. Don’t make up “sane” reasons why you shose one over the other. Pick Chinese because you like the letter C. Or learn Russian and Chinese in parallel because you like the letter i. It’s more in sync with how you feel about these sort of things.

I want that book. Source please