State your job. Tell something you like about it and hate about it...

state your job. Tell something you like about it and hate about it. Other anons ask you questions while stating their own jobs and the pros and cons.

Exterminator

Pro: I get to be outdoors and can leave once I am done my work ( for the most part)

Con: Nasty ass houses and old bitchy jewish clients

I write medicaid policy for the state.

Pro: I don't have to see or speak to any of the recipients.

Con: State pay

how much is the pay?

Foodlion stocker

Pro: sometimes there are hot girls that walk around in yoga pants

Con: everything else

bumping with nudz

I do phd research at a D1 university. Nuclear Engineering.
I get paid 22000, which isn't bad considering I'm technically still a student

PSE Mail Processing Clerk for the USPS

Pro: Once I make career in the plant I work in it'll be the last job I'll ever need cause gov't job w/ pension. Just have to stick it out being a doormat for a couple years before I get there.

Con: As a PSE, overtime is mandatory. Up to 12 hours a day 6 days a week like during the whole month of December. Varies depending on mail volume but in a year and a half I've had only 3 weeks where I got less than 40 hours.

gambler

Cashier

Pro: Sometimes I get to stock merchandise and don't have to talk to anyone.

Con: I'm homeless

Being a tech for the theatre

Pros: good budget, cool ppl (most of them are musicans or actors)
Con: i have to get up really early

I valet at a hotel.
Pros: cash tips every day, drive nice cars, can leave early often times when it's slow, also happens to be right near a downtown area and the beach

Cons: Dealing with shitty people day in and out, disgusting interiors, hotel management trying to micromanage a valet operation in which they have no idea how to do so efficiently

English literature teacher.

Pro: positive influence with students, feel like I'm helping kids improve

Cons: almost everything else; grading, dealing with abusive/neglectful/ignorant/absent parents, the pay is absolutely terrible for the amount of work I obsess over, evaluation system sucks, behavior problems, lack of freedom/autonomy, politics really does affect your job every year financially or otherwise, kids often admit your own job sucks and my kids don't understand why I care so much, physically/mentally/emotionally draining job, work almost never stays at work, etc.

I love being a teacher. I was born got this, I'm highly rated/valued, but goddamn this job is fucking hard and it's always full of bullshit. I really wish I made more money so it wasn't so stressful for me on a personal level.

Lead Lever Designer.

>love
Defining the vision for a game's levels, playing the game and providing feedback.
>hate
Managing people, dealing with drama and politics of an a studio.

what grade?

as OP how often do you get bed bugs?

Accountant, specializing in corporate income tax.
Pros: I've been doing it long enough that I'm really good at it, and I have great relationships with my clients. Other professionals seek me out for advice and I have a very strong network as a result. I make about $190k/yr.
Cons: I'm tied to my network and I can't move away so I'm stuck in my shitty town. Also, the job is kinda boring.
No complaints tho. I have it pretty good.

For privacy, I'll just say in a normal high school.

do you live under a bridge? How do you clean up for work or how are you using 4 chan now?

Never, but every now and then you'll see cockroaches scrambling around old fast food bags and stuff. we usually tell them we will not valet it

You also get a nice pension once you're out though, if I'm not mistaken.

I live in my car and shower at my local YMCA. Sometimes I stay at a friends place.

Really wish I could get a job that would allow me to afford rent.

do blue collar work. Pest control, cable, construction, ect. Those typically pay more than just checking out items

Dammit, im going into teaching and you just made me not want to.

Work for WHCA

Pro: get to travel a lot on the government dime
Con: HAVE to travel with as little as 12 hour notice

Paramedic

Pro: making a difference in people's lives... sometimes

Con: minimum wage, mandatory overtime, dealing with scum of the earth, emotionally distant to cope with seeing people die on a daily basis.

I've got friends who are teachers
Constantly staying late (usually 2-3 hours after they stop paying you)
They make you buy supplies for your own class
Plus kids are usually ungrateful idiots depending on the grade level

i make fishing line for the largest fishing company in the US. i love the people i work for/with. i hate that i have a degree in engineering but im basically a glorified operator that makes a pretty shit salary for someone 50k in debt

man i was about to go into this... they really only make minimum?

Hire me. I am a retail sales consultant who keeps over 320 clients happy with all of their home services. Also used to be in promotions for 97.9fm and WBAL 1090am in MD. Plus, I have been recognized by every employer for my customer service skills.

You want me to be your assistant.

I've demanded a raise so that I could afford to live a basic life but was turned down. I've also applied for these other types of blue collar jobs and nobody wants applicants with no experience.

I'm still trying though.

keep trying. Most of the guys i know in cable or pest control got hired with no prior shit and some companies like blank minds

> sysadmin

> pro: I get to read reddit and otherwise dick around on my phone all day while at working

> con: dull as fuck 95% of the time

no, they definitely make more than minimum. I used to be one and in my area they make about 16-20/hour at most commercial services.

Which is still shit considering what they have to deal with.

What city are you in?
Look up Terracon consulting, or similar construction inspection jobs, Its how I got my foot in the door years ago

Residential window cleaner. Fun part is your at different houses everyday and get to see how people live. Bad part is my boss is a dumbass.

Team Lead of Electronics and Entertainment at Target.
Pro: Get to talk tech all day
Con: Trying to get people to do their jobs.

3.5 years on the job, $11.75/hr

Thanks user, I'll look that up. Sounds promising.

Single Wire Header Operator

Pro: as long as all 8 of my machines are running and the product is good, i can fuck around all night

Con: fucking around all night makes the night go by so slowly

Jesus Christ get out of there

Lab Network Engineer
Pro: I get to test new equipment
Cons: It gets tedious running the same tests over and over.

Contracted Security Advisor for my city's Water District

Pro: Get to fulfill my cravings for fights and knowledge of fucked up things the city is doing.

Con: I don't get a reduced water bill

EMT Here, see for pros and cons.
I hope you're making okay-ish money... I just got started in a new area making 18/h to start...

Tech Support
Pro: I get amazing pay and benefits
Con: Dealing with dipshits who think its my fault they forgot their passwords or lost all their data because they don't have backups

Ahh humans.. Such a promising species.

>International IP Attorney
>Pro: pay
>Con: massive time commitment
>Neutral: travel for work

>3.5 years
>11 something an hour

Fucking hell mate. I walked onto a job for 15.60 usd an hour plus commission and felt insulted. 3.5 years later I run the fucker and make about 70 an hour.

Get good mate.

same, I do level 2.5 support to the government in Aus.

Get paid 32$/h

Sales

Pro: It feels great when you close a sale.

Con: Working with the general public is a nightmare.

Finance stuff
pro: I generally make good $$$$
con: i don't get any sleep during the week and basically contribute nothing to society

US navy corpsman

Pros: get to save and take lives. Saved, many, i lost count. Taken 3. Get to travel around the world see cool places and meet some pretty cool people.

Cons: i have to deal with typical military bullshit, im usually on the ass end of all the gay navy joke courtesy of my marines...

fag

Co manager at journeys

Pro: 40% off everything in store, phat ass white girls.

Con: retail sucks and the music we listen to sucks nigger dick.

Motorcycle Mechanic
Pros- sweet bikes / easy money
Cons- Suzukis/ Polaris/ Harleys

Production Designer and Technical Director in film

Pro: I get to work on movies and it has a decent pay

Con: sometimes work stupid hours especially to finish projects and i have to work with idiots whom think we work in the movies, not on movies. most Production ppl are women and they usually have a stick up their ass.

>I am an IT professional.
>I moonlight 3 jobs simultaneously.
>I make about 300k USD per year.

Pros:
>work from home
>money is real good
>job redundancy is a great feeling

Cons:
>Status calls
>Managers are retards
>Working with anyone from India

i know how this feels. dub's don't lie!

Any advice on landing a govt job like that in Aus?

Former Dealer

>Pros
Nice product, met some cool dudes, money in surplus

>Cons
Dickhead clients, prison time xD

What about:
Pros:
>getting my knob slobbed by dudes or chicks for a hit.

I sold, didn't smoke

No drugs for sex?

Why would I do that

Shimano or Abu?

for sex...?

I drive a tugboat

Pros: good pay, good vacation time, rewarding work, great office view

Cons: spend two weeks on the boat as T a time. Miss holidays, birthdays, parties, etc. Diesel fumes will probably give me cancer someday.

Roofer I work for a sociopathic methhead with a knack for business I'm the driver because all the guys on my crew have duis we smoke and drink on the job

I'd call it a perk.

Chef

Pro: love food, creativity, stress, and people.

Con: 14-18 hour days, physically exhausting, low pay, very little free time/days off.

well... I didn't see this one coming.

Sounds like every roofing job I've had xD

Ive never been asked (shady bogan meth heads) but I'd never say yes smh

Teachers Assistant.

Pros: Free tuition.
Cons: Super busy, especially with graduate classes to go along with them.

I'm a photographer, work on events and with models

pros
>i really like photography
>working with models pays good
>get to meet hot chicks
>have fun
>when working at parties or social events i always get to eat some of the food
>always have work
>helps getting wanna be model sluts

cons:
>when not working for an agency and working with people for parties and shit it sucks
>lots of times clients try their best not to pay or make you charge them less
>most clients will always try to find the cheapest guy, even if they couldn't take a good photo even if their lives depend on it
>clients most times when asking for a private session have no idea what they want
>a lot of stupid people thinks that all it takes to be a photographer is having a good camera, you get a lot of "with a camera like that i could take photos too"
>have to hide boners sometimes when working with models or private sessions

Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - Come give us $40,000.00 to work in a kitchen!

NEET and freelance writer.

I studied neuroscience for a while and am currently on break from university. I'll take classes again in May or September. Managed a small trucking company for two years.

Spent most of 2016 traveling. I was in India from December 2015 until February 2016, with ten days in Thailand. Went to Canada a handful of times and then Costa Rica and Nicaragua from May until June. Quit my trucking office job in July after breaking up with my GF of two years, used $1k in Delta Dollars to buy a ticket to India, and went back from then until December of this year.

Just got back home.

Like I said, mostly freelance writing. I did a lot of odd jobs to make ends meet in India. Was in a few television advertisements, worked as a club promoter (brought white people to clubs), and did advertisements and blog writing for some companies.

lol I went to CIA try $120,000

HOLY MOTHER OF CHEKD

WITNESSED

>>a lot of stupid people thinks that all it takes to be a photographer is having a good camera, you get a lot of "with a camera like that i could take photos too"
I fucking hate that shit too man. I'm not a photographer, just a shutterbug with a 60D. People have no respect for real photography because they can't understand the variables of taking a good photo or post-production etc..

oh shit nigger

Just throwing it out there that OPs pic related was shopped. this is the original.

Butcher

Pros: Great skill to have, get the freshest cuts of meats, can bitch at anyone I want

Cons: work 100+ hours a week toward Christmas (paid limited overtime of roughly 10-20 hours on top of my 40), deal with retards all day who think they know more than you ("A prime rib is a cut of meat!" Nah, prime rib's a nickname for prime grade standing rib roast. Choice Standing Rib is good too, I normally can't tell the difference unless it was kobe, wagyu, piedmontese, etc.)

Another pro: lots of downtime, on the clock right now.

Why the fuck is everyone ignoring this

she has sand in her ass. I hate sand like Darth Vader hates sand. Probably why he nuked Scarif with the Death Star.

In addition, you get used to bad smells really quickly. Pro and con, I guess.

A friend of mine was a Chef Instructor at Le Cordon Bleu in Austin, TX. He said most of his students had this idea to go there so they could open their own restaurants. He said many were privileged white kids with rich parents who paid for it. 99% of them fail after graduation on their first job.

My other friend graduated from there (In Austin) and her first job was working on a cruise ship. She contracted staph infections 3 times because of the close quarters. They were cooking 24 hours a day. Norwegian Cruise Lines

Network Admin

Pro: Can kinda just relax around and go on Sup Forums

Cons: When shit goes wrong all hell breaks loose and I get no sleep and yelled at 24/7 by idiots who don't know how email works

Bartender, 38, college town, approx 40k/year.

Pros: cash money, occasionally bang hot young college girls/coworkers

Cons: I fucking hate people mostly

mah nigga. Also forgot to add the part about post production. A lot of times they think that all you do is taking photos that anyone could take and use photoshop to make them better, also they think that post-production can save anything

Probation juvenile hall night shift.

Pros: 100k to watch netflix, play vidya games, surf Sup Forums, no stress, no deadlines, no paperwork, wear sweatpants.

Cons: night shift

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING NORMIE GET OUT

tbh that sounds pretty great tho

How early?

>also they think that post-production can save anything
Well it did save the ass on that girl in OP's photo. lol ;-)

Do you fuck the cuties?

kek
>still looks fake to me, but i work with that shit so that should be expected

E-7 in the US Army. I am currently working a staff job to better round out my career experience and be a better candidate for promotion.

Pros: Sometimes we still do cool army shit, the benefits are awesome (100% medical and dental for whole family) $72K a year (including BAH, BAS)

Cons: The military collects adult children that can barely function and create additional drag on the rest of us, also deployments can suck.

Do you ever have to beat the kids?