Mad Men is the greatest television show of all time

Mad Men is the greatest television show of all time.

No

>DUDE
>ALCOHOL AND CIGARETTES LMAO
no, its not

Nah, final season/half season literally ruined the entire show. A lot like L O S T in that it was a slow motion car crash but you couldn't turn away because you'd invested 20% of your life watching it.

>BAWWWWWWWWWWW I'M SO RICH AND HANDSOME, I HAVE THE PERFECT FAMILY, I CAN GET ANY WOMAN, I HAVE A PERFECT JOB WHY IS MY LIFE SO FUCKING UNFAIR BAWWWWWWWW

Fuck off.

what?

The show is the tv equivalent of songs about "drinkin muh whisky, fixin muh truck, gon give my woman a good 'ol fuck"

basically this

There was no real conflict worth caring about on the show

No, it's not. Not even close.

You are a retard

Yes. It's objectively better than Breaking Bad.

It's really not.

i say it's up there with The Wire, Deadwood, and The Sopranos. those four are interchangeable, i m o.

nah. the final season was okay. the final episode was a letdown. Don's arc concluded when he merged both the Don/Dick identities by taking his kids to see his childhood home. that was the perfect ending. everything that came after for his character, as was most of that final season, was epilogue. teh show remains one of the strongest ever in nearly every aspect: acting, design, writing, directing, etc.

Sure, whatever you gotta tell yourself to justify watching a sub-par memeshow centered around drinking booze and smoking cigarettes, drunky

>muh soap opera

redditor filter like no other

Eh, 4th in my opinion but they're on the Mount Rushmore of greatest shows ever, they're just at the Teddy Roosevelt part, not the Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln or George Washington parts.

I certainly have no problem with anyone referring to it as the greatest ever

No one could be this retarded.

It's right up there, but I think the final season/half season is mostly fan service and lost a lot of the humor and tone and basically great writing that allowed these actors, and thus characters, shine.

Thank you for replying to me seriously. I agree with you that it's in the realm of Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, but it's also lesser than all three, even the incomplete Deadwood.

People who think Mad Men was without conflict or boring are simply boring people. Mad Men was able to depict so much more emotion, humanity and intrigue in an episode surrounding a relatively normal day at the office than fucking The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad ever could. If you think. If you think for a second that Breaking Bad is better-written or better overall than Mad Men then the problem is with how you judge television, not Mad Men's.

Of course it is. Those of us with good taste know. The Sopranos is about equal but Mad Men's tighter. The Wire just under those two. Power Gap Deadwood/Rome/Larry Sanders

It shows that misery is prevalent in everyone, no matter how good you would perceive their lives, and that everyone just wants to be loved.

UPBOAT

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

>defending "DUDE: BOOZE AND CIGARETTES LMAO: The Show"

Look in the mirror, user.

after betty and don broke up it was a pointless show.
i only continued to watch to see who don would sleep with next.
im 27 so i didnt "get" the finale...
but then when i actually did see the coke ad i laughed at how average it was.
you turds will praise anything.
and no, I hate TWD too post season 1 and love Better Call Saul.
but wow Mad Men was literally pointless for sooo long.

>L O S T
>B A D
F U C K Y O U S O N

The final season was bad, yeah.

The final half season was televisual kinōgraphy

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

oh no ur a retard.

also wasted trips

This.

MM is a jewish fantasy about the American past, Dick Withman anyone?

what's that thing from the video game? evil ken? revenge ken?

/sc&p/ was the height of this shitty board's existence. In my opinion the best general threads on all of Sup Forums

Punished Venom Ken

>Deadwood
It's good but doesn't have nearly the charm as the other three. I rank it on the same level as Boardwalk Empire. It's decent but definitely not at the top.

>leave Chevy to me

But Teddy was the best President of the four by far.

Cy and Al are incredibly charming, in my opinion.

guys hes kidding

pleb detected

>ywn be in a fresh /sc&p/ thread

these
i just don't get the appeal of making a show about a gary stu and his troubles

Is it wrong to assume correlation between /sc&p/ dying and this board going to complete shit shortly after? I bet most of the decent posters gave up here afterwords

You're right.

>DUDE CIGARETTES LMAO
>DUDE CASUAL SEX AND ABORTIONS LMAO
>DUDE FUNCTIONAL ALCOHOLISM LMAO
>DUDE SMOKING JOINTS WHEREVER YOU WANT LMAO
>DUDE CONSUMERISM IS BAD LMAO

Wow, such emotion

such humanity

such intrigue

Yep, all downhill from /scdp/

The Americans thread sometimes brings quality posters out of the woodwork