SO...

SO, a lot of folks are always unhappy with Nintendo on the graphics of every new Legend of Zelda games the come out with.

Like the Wind Waker fiasco with its cell shading and childish cartoon art direction, but then it quickly became many peoples favorite LoZ game after the legendary Ocarina of Time.

As a matter of fact, when Nintendo gave us the detailed and dark themeg graphics of Legend of Zelda the Twilight Princess( which is really an amazing game ), the LoZ game that fans had been moaning for for years, they still weren't happy. Some even complained it was " too serious for a LoZ game " for fucks sake.

So now they are on about Breathe of the Wild, and its pseudo cell shade graphics.

I think Nintendo recognizes that we can make graphics as realistic as possible now, but then that takes away the whole idea of a good video game, so they keep the fantasy and colorful graphics in able to add more fun game mechanics and story telling.

And in that way, for a lot of us we will always get to feel that way we felt playing our favorite Nintendo games like we did when we were kids, it kinda gives us a little while to escape bullshit adulthood.

I think anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

void.sirin.bysh.me/explorer/data/public/2649d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so

But the majority likes breath of the wild's graphics. I've seen no one complain.

Personally, I don't like them and would rather see a realistic Zelda like the 2011 tech demo, but I doubt there will be another realistic Zelda since Nintendo does what Nintendo wants. It's really unfair to fans of the realistic style, but whatever. I'm the minority.

the fans dont complain. its the vocal minority that complains. also stay off Sup Forums, they dont like anything and are non representative for fans of anything

Fuck you.

>cell shading and childish cartoon art direction

That's pretty much when they lost me. I played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask even though they were getting pretty cartoony, but by the time we get to the Wii games it was just overboard anime'd out. Too much. Can't tell if Link is a male, female, or a tranny anymore. Every character has those big dumb glassy anime eyes, no nose, and always gasping for some fucking reason. Just can't get into it. It's marketed to children. Make a Zelda game that's dark and gritty please. All of us that grew up on Zelda but are playing darker games now, we will buy your game.

Nintendo has the worst fan base in video games. Prove me wrong

Sponsored by #truth.

But Nintendo themselves have never tried to make super realistic looking games.

Unless your are thinking the games from other companies they allow on their console like COD
or Skyrim

They always maintained the fantasy cartoony like graphics, but they always amped the fun factor.

But then again, you just have to like Nintendo.

>> many people
You mean millenials or babys first nintendo

>dark and gritty
>zelda

If you are looking for blood guts and titties in a Zelda game then you have missed the point...

Except for the tech demo before we got baby toon link and twilight

C'mon man,

I started off with the original from NES and have played nearly all of them.

Wind Waker came out on the Gamecube,

Most millenials never even noticed it, which is why they came out with the HD remake for them.

I waited a long time after Ocarina for the next console game,

Yes i was upset over the graphics initially, but you really do get over it in like 15 minutes and realize how great the game is.

>If you are looking for blood guts and titties in a Zelda game then you have missed the point...

Oh? What's the point then?

fun.

Yes, and for me and a lot of other people, it would be more fun if it was a darker game and not made for toddlers.

story
solving puzzles and mysteries
adventure
nostalgia

And who said LoZ isnt dark or gritty?

You are literally ridding the land of evil demonic forces, killing and slashing and stabbing fuckers with you sword and various weapons.

its like " oh what a colorful scenic dungeon " then its like " lets waste these dicks "
then its like " heres a new fucking weapon to kill niggers " and you are like " fuck yea let me at them "

And then you kill them and save the hot blonde bitch.

Do you really think they would make a game only for a minority of people?

>And who said LoZ isnt dark or gritty?

anyone with eyeballs

Not talking about the story. The story is fine. I'm talking about the presentation.

>childish cartoon art direction
>That's pretty much when they lost me
You mean like every Zelda prior to the 3D era and every portable title since forever?

I got you fam.

I'm working on a dark zelda game.

It's coming, and i wont talk about it cause nintendo has a habit of shutting good fan games down.

I'm making it anonymously, i've released games before, and it'll be playable on pc, linux, and mac with controller or keyboard.

getting rid of seedbox soon, grab shit while you can,10TBzz

void.sirin.bysh.me/explorer/data/public/2649d8

Realistic graphics are boring and never age well, even now in the era of diminishing returns.

Z1-3 were gritty as fuck. OoT is where pop culture gets their idea of what the games should be despite it being a departure from the norm. Even MM brought it back darker. WW and SS gave it a mainstream kiddie-friendly appeal but it was not originally like that. Z1 was dark as fuck and that's part of why it was great. I like the look of BotW so far but I hope the underworld is grim and gloomy like the old days.

so who wants to debate about the timeline?

Historia can suck my balls