In which country are people happiest and most productive?

In which country are people happiest and most productive?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022022116673910
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_hour_worked
businessinsider.com/countries-largest-antidepressant-drug-users-2016-2?international=true&r=US&IR=T
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ddefine either of those terms

others may interpret the question differently, but for me:
>happiest
lowest rates of depression and suicide, fewest hate crimes, etc

>most productive
lowest unemployment rates, most progress on public projects in a given amount of time etc.

those are stricter definitions than I'd necessarily want to limit discussion to, but I basically mean countries with the highest morale overall and where people are most cooperative with and respectful of one another and their environment in general

Denmark

Palestine

Anything that isn't Japan desu

>happiest
>lowest rates of depression and suicide, fewest hate crimes, etc.
Happiness has nothing to do with those things

I swear to god when I say "people in Denmark work fucking slow"

I guess you migh alsot find this interesting
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022022116673910

You need to be unproductive to be happy.

Are you implying that waveslaving is productive?

>Happiest
Denmark
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

>Most productive
Norway
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_hour_worked

>Happiest and most productive
Norway (1st in happiness, 4th in productivity)

Ireland

Rich and homogenic country

scandi countries are not happy
they consume anti depressants in large amounts

they probably think not wanting to kill themselfs is happiness and the pills help achieve that

thats only because it gets so dark up here

honestly i thin the happiest is some poor cunts around the equator, at least the people there that can live comfortably should be the happiest. they are poor but that has no bearing on happiness, what matters is having family close and feeling a sense of mattering in the community, and they have that.

>scandi countries are not happy
>they consume anti depressants in large amounts
Non-sequitur.

businessinsider.com/countries-largest-antidepressant-drug-users-2016-2?international=true&r=US&IR=T
>The OECD suggests two possible reasons the rate of antidepressant consumption is on the rise in so many countries. The course of treatment lasts longer than it used to, and antidepressants are now prescribed not only for severe depression, but also for mild depression, anxiety, social phobia, and more.

The happiest countries take more anti-depressants because anti-depressive treatments have changed (they're longer and anti-depressants are given out for milder issues). It could even be possible to argue the opposite: these countries are happy precisely because there's accute depression treatment.

I know this is Sup Forums and dickmeasuring contests are all we do, but just because your country ranks quite high in terms of depression rates doesn't mean you're a bad person, doing something wrong or even that you yourself (or even a majority of the Hungarian people) are depressed. And if you actually care about your country past dickmeasuring contests (unlikely given the board you're on) it's better to acknowledge the problem and see what can be done to aleviate it.

Keep telling yourself that.

modern western society is not conducive for happiness imo, it's too focused on performing and individual achievement. finding your own true calling or whatever. that doesn't bring happiness, on the contrary, it makes people confused and lost, addicted to artificial things. And being so focused on yourself makes people selfish, and that also doesn't make you happy unless you're a legit narcissist. being focused on yourself is bad thing, that's why we have so much divorces, as soon as a relationship isn't easy for you people bail, preventing them from reaching the genuine happiness of a proper long relationship.

what really brings profound and lasting happiness in life is relationships, friends, loves, your community. belonging to a place and giving of yourself

>Bestiller tid til hudlægen i slutningen af December.
>Kom tilbage i starten af Marts.

>i am so happy
>oh gosh i forgot my pills

if you dont see the contradiction you are a lost cause

>take medicine
>not sick (depressed) anymore

>don't take medicine
>still sick (depressed)

if you dont see the contradiction you are retarded