I recently got into whips as a hobby. Here's a video of me swinging from a tree branch

I recently got into whips as a hobby. Here's a video of me swinging from a tree branch.

youtube.com/watch?v=aQj_84Eiyb0

What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwynsVmOE-I
youtube.com/watch?v=mC_sGCCBby0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's fine. I like that you have hobbies.

whips are cool

I'm glad you found something you enjoy, user.

Best comment

Video had an edit in it. Was that when you tied the whip end to the tree?

Nope. The edit was to remove the first swing from the video. On the first swing I wimped out and touched my feet to the ground. The swing shown in the video is the second swing.

Here's another video of me which is not edited

youtube.com/watch?v=uwynsVmOE-I

vv useful when raiding ancient temples.

you can whip...but can you nae nae?

I live in Nova Scotia; no temples here.

But if I ever take a trip to Peru I'll be prepared

No I cannot. It is a much more technical skill

After you swing is it easy to loose the whip?

No, it is not easy to loosen the whip. After swinging it's on there pretty tight. I usually have to swing it the opposite way around the branch to unwrap it

I didn't even know that that was possible outside of Indiana Jones movies, that's pretty neat

Thanks. Yeah, I had to make my own whip in order to do it. Most whips are not strong enough to hold the weight of a person.

I used parachute cord in the core of the whip which makes it strong enough to hold me

how do you make a whip

The core of the whip is made of rope (or parachute cord in this case) and bead chain (a thin type of chain made of steel beads).

The handle is made of a rigid material such as a steel rod or PVC pipe.

All of this is then wrapped in electric tape to bind everything together. It is then wrapped with an outer layer to bind it further. This outer layer may be athletic tape, paracord, or strands of leather.

The whole whip is designed in such a way that it tapers from the handle to the end (i.e. it is very thick at the handle and then very thin at the end)

that was actually much cooler than expected, i didnt realize that indiana jones shit was actually possible

Thanks. The whole reason I got into whips was because of Indiana Jones. I just find whips really interesting

Thanks for your comment

You uploaded so much stuff to have some fun with you on your channel :D

cool thanks friend

do you have some kind of technique to get the whip away from the tree or do you have to climb up to get it unstuck?

also are there any other fun things to do with a bullwhip than recreating indiana jones scenes?

bump because i need to know

was cool to watch OP

After swinging, the whip is pretty tightly wrapped around the tree, so it takes some effort. In the Indiana Jones movies, he simply flicks it loose. It's not that easy though

I usually have to toss the whip the opposite way around the branch to loosen it.

can you still crack that whip?

Yes I can. The main reason I made this whip was to swing from, but it is still crack-able. In my future videos, I plan on cracking the whip as I wrap it around the branch.

Merry christmas from me....Enjoy the leak and check out this shit lol - snap leak . c f

Great comment

I also want to learn how to grab a weapon out of someone's hand with a whip

I just watched that myth busters episode on whips (in relation to Indiana Jones) .. Pretty badass, I must say..

I've also seen that. On the Mythbusters episode he was not able to successfully swing across the pit.

youtube.com/watch?v=mC_sGCCBby0

It's because he didn't properly secure the whip around the branch. After wrapping the whip around the branch you have to wriggle it a little bit and re-orient it