What are you supposed to talk about on dates? I can barely hold a conversation with a normal human being...

What are you supposed to talk about on dates? I can barely hold a conversation with a normal human being. I can't imagine sitting across a cute girl and trying to talk to her for an hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/SbuHI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

girls don't want to talk about anything other than themselves. fact

You're not supposed to talk. You're supposed to ask questions.

What do I ask about?

/thread

The one thing they are interested in: them

Fucking anything. What she likes to do. And don't just go off a question list, listen to what they say and ask questions about that.

This is pretty much true, but don't make it like an interview. You have to give little bits about yourself mixed in there, but, keep encouraging them to talk about themselves. Don't make it work for them though, you have to lead everything on. Tell some stories inbetween of light stuff that has happened recently, generally funnier the better in my experience, but nothing edgy. Keep a bit of mystery about yourself, but not in a forced fedora tipping way, make them ask.

Their life story first date. Also talk about stuff you are doing on the date: the restaurant, the area you are in, the city, the coffee, people around you (not in a negative way), whatever.

This.

Your power level.

>Tell me about you pls

Sorry, I'm a literal autist

I know the feels, user.

The trick is to get her to talk. Get good at ekeing more details out of her about whatever it is she was last talking about. She hates something? Get more reasons why. Sympathize with her and ask where that came from. How old was she when it happened? Was she already an X (insert thing: swimmer, climber, dancer, etc) at that point, or did that come later?

This has the effect of (usually) her thinking you were vibing all night, you're a good listener, etc.

It's on you to subtly/outrageously flirt (depending on the girl) throughout and gauge her reactions. Don't get friend-zoned. Make your intent clear.

>ask a question
>if she's interested/an interesting person she'll give more than a two word answer
>find something in her response that prompts the next question
>ask that next question
>repeat

e.g.
>So what do you do for a living?
>>Well I work as an accountant but I actually studied to be an architect
>Oh so what happened there then, if you don't mind me asking, I hear architecture is a pretty competitive industry to get in to?

Goes a long way if you're the intelligent sort who knows lots of little things about a lot of topics.

Nobody goes on dates like that where you sit like 2 morons eating some dinner and asking each other questions.

Go do something instead. Go walk around downtown, go to the mall, go to the cinema, go bungyjump, do something! Have fun!

If you really have to sit and just talk at a restaurant (BORING AS FUCK, yes; she thinks so too) then ask about what she's doing. Studying? Working? Then listen to her, FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! LISTEN TO HER!!! and respond to it, and ask more questions.

I literally ask chicks "So what's your story?" then they either start talking or look blankley, if they look blank I add "Where are you from originally? What do you do?" ... if they do more where they are from side then I ask "How did you end up in X?", if they go more the job route "How'd you get into that?"

And so on. I'm not exactly suave but it's enough to get enough dates to go well enough to finally meet someone

>if she's interested/an interesting person she'll give more than a two word answer
This is a key... and why I like coffee shop first dates. If the girl is interested you'll know and can go to lunch or something. If she isn't or is a boring thot, then you have an easy out

heres a tip do a practice run ask some 4/10 5/10 girl form tinder for a date, then yoou realise its all the same no matter how hot they are

>working with a girl
>nursing a minor crush on her
>chat on kikebook a bit but never really bother to get up to flirting because I've already got a defacto gf
>this bitch asks ME out
>holy shit she likes me?
>go on a date with her
>she can't keep a conversation moving
>fuck I knew she was shy but this is ridiculous
>throw everything I've got at her
>10 minutes standing in line for movie tickets feels like 10 hours
>walk her back to her car
>say goodbye
>never speak of it again

Maybe I should try her again, see if she's less shy now. Might be down to smash.

if you need internet advice for talking to girls you might be gay

ask what you want to know

if you don't want to know anything about them why the fuck are you on a date?

My gf is quiet. She just enjoys lots of silence. It's fucking awesome in the long run.

Do this. Be like "Hey when we went out I kind of felt like you were quiet but I wasn't sure if it was because you didn't like me or if it was that you just prefer to be quieter. I enjoyed being with you so was hoping it was the latter"

Nah it was a long time ago wouldn't even be worth mentioning. I am better with girls than I was back then too so maybe I could make up the difference myself.

Either way. Try again. Nothing to lose.

If she is just quiet, it's so peaceful. My gf is sitting across from me reading a book while I shitpost, my last gf would have been on the phone and yelling at my to close my computer and talk about her day.

Sounds nice senpai. I'm gunna do it I reckon, today is her birthday so that's the best excuse I could ask for.

Dates are easy bro, be engaging and set the tone for it. Then it doesn't matter what it is you talk about, just shoot the shit with her and it will flow!

you should talk about your self too

she'll what to know who you are.. aka: your personality

Good luck m8

I usually talk about movies and piss them off because they have shit taste.

Where else am I supposed to get advice? My parents?

>if you don't want to know anything about them why the fuck are you on a date?

Because I want the keys to their vagina? Duh.

Nah, do very little of that unless they ask. Don't be weird and not say anything about yourself, but keep it minimum.

Well, Im lucky in my 3rd relationship and I got myself gf as fucked in the brain as I am if not harder. So we once talk as honest as its possible and from time to time we call ech other bitches and that the other person shall suecide coz he/she is useless 4 society. Etc. But well, on normal dates... you just ask how the day was and go with the flow

Post updates pls

if your trying to unlock Pandora's box, then just be good looking and a jerk

I would say keep yourself at 25% and only tell stories if it relates to stuff she likes. Don't talk about your figurine collection or your lol ranking for 10 minutes.

Ask her about her day, and everything related to her. she doesn't care about you, only to talk about her.

yeah man, only some of your personality
you don't want to scare this woman

get her drunk as fuck and avoid all that small talk duh

This

Used to have problems keeping a conversation going, my problem now is that 90% of people are just really fucking boring

Ask her about things she likes, try to find some common ground.
Favorite type of books, movies, music. Don't be afraid to tell her some of its faggoty, but it's ok, everyone has different likes and dislikes. No one wants a copy of themselves, it's ok to disagree, but look for common ground and explore it a bit.

Maybe find some things you'd like to do together. My ex and I would like window shopping at antique stores and thrift stores because it was fun waking around looking at stuff.

Try doing 3 or 4 different things for variety. Find out a tv series she likes, watch 1 or 2 episodes with her, then go do something, like get froyo. A good date has 3 or 4 stops.

Why are girls so awkward to hang around? Whenever I'm with my friends and then theres a girl things just suddenly come to a halt and they make it weird if you say something stupid.

Do I just take her to a bar and just order drink after drink?

tell her you hate her and that all women are worthless and then leave and she will give you attention

yes, females can be awkward
especially American females

Nah it's a few hours off. She's off doing other things at the moment and I don't want to try and throw conversation at someone who won't be on her phone.

Just ask simple questions and let her do all the talking. Trust me, this is the only correct answer.

>it's ok to disagree, but look for common ground and explore it a bit.

This is top notch advice OP.

I was talking to a girl who was into theatre and I was telling her how I've seen my fill because one of my ex's is an actress who does lots of theatre work.

She said she liked it, I called her a fgt, but it was common ground and is the basis of bants even all this time later.

its a marathon not a sprint but trust me alcohol really eases the tension/awkwardness.

yeah man just see if she'll do most of the talking

Yeah

You need to seek out a better class of grill. But then - you'd be out of your depth.

If that's the case dude I'm guessing you won't have a problem talking to 'cute girls" coz you won't fucking get one, learn to talk to people you beta

>What are you supposed to talk about on dates?
Take her to a movie or a cock fight - something that takes away the pressure to converse until you can build a little rapport.

Just ask them questions about themselves. Avoid work but if it comes up show interest. Women just want to talk about themselves. It can be anything (except the weather, don't be a tard) Alpha up.

Yeah, get one that cooks burgers just right.

Here's a list of first date ideas that are better than attempting to hold a conversation for 60 minutes+ at a table:

>movies
>ice skating (but not inline skating because your neckbeard sweat will put her off)
>food market type things
>mini golf
>pool hall
>beach
>anywhere that the environment will provide prompts for a certain amount of interaction that you don't have to dig out of your stack of conversation topics

Everyone is aware that there is that awkward phase in getting to know someone new where you're still sounding each other out, aren't really sure of shared interests, don't have any inside jokes etc. and in an ideal world you bypass this issue in a romantic relationship by getting to know someone a little bit before your first date.

>meet a girl
>talk, even if it's on facebook
>work your way to flirting
>then go on your first date

Doesn't even have to take long but it's a lot easier than going on a date with someone you've never had a conversation with.

>Just ask them questions about themselves.
Bad advice from a autist.

>Here's a list of first date ideas that are better than attempting to hold a conversation for 60 minutes+ at a table:
/thread

Tactical bombers in the air soon
Better get myself some coon
Before i truly go loony toon
Dancing in the middle of a typhoon
I cant think of words other than spoon
Ohh how id like to spoon her just one night
No i might get bitter regret
I want to keep her forever, but how with the doom
Ohh doom my compass of change, we must have change
How else do we get cake
or maybe the cake is a lie
ohh how i miss cake and wish for doom
Cake and doom, with regrets
I bet when i taste the doom i think of her
the reason i wished for death
the doom of desire
Shiva the dancer of death
HEL the pink and black
Sex and death
doom and sin
Can we atleast have cake

cute. moar

That's some truth right there

Well, if you're going on traditional dates, you're with the wrong kind of girl. Find a party whore if you just want fucks. Parties are loud, so you don't really talk, and they're interested in hookups, so you can pump and dump. Just don't date those bitches.

If you want a girlfriend, you should be actually interested in her, or it's not going to work out. Have a goal for what page you want your girl to be on, then look for that girl. If you know the page, you can read her like a book and you can turn her pages with your fingers pretty easily.

>Ask questions

Party girls will rarely have answers to these questions and aren't dating material. The most fucking annoying shit is asking a girl what she likes to do and she responds "...I don't knowwww..." Stay away from them outside of sexually charged, physical settings. The book girlfriend will have a lot more to say and won't make you want to fucking blow your brains out all over a preschool, but she'll also be easier to offend or put off of your opinion strays too far from her own or you're rude about it. It's okay to disagree, just don't be an arrogant piece of shit. They're good for chill settings, and should be fairly engaging conversationally, once you get on common ground.

talk about pokemon, anime, mlp, vidya and all the stuff you like, girls love guys with hobbies

All these guys saying "just talk about her that's all she wants!"
Lol yeah because that's SO memorable and interesting..
As a man and not some little faggot beta you're supposed to drive the conversation and have stories about yourself that make girls want to know more about you..
Do you have any OP, or have you lived in your moms basement your whole life?
Because if you don't you're wasting both parties time and will get a "..sooo thanks for dinner.." and maybe a hug at the end of the night

Ask questions. Ask her how her christmas was. did she do anything special? spend it with her family? what's her family like? does she have any pets? what's her major/profession? you can easily segway into all of these questions simply by listening to her talk about her day/weekend/christmas break. Even if you really don't care, ask questions. You don't have to talk if you let her do all the talking.

I skype with this girl I'd consider to be a 9/10 on a bad day. She's gorgeous, like an actress or a model, and is extremely intelligent and super down to earth. Most nights we'll talk for a couple hours, and some nights we'll talk for maybe 4 or 5 hours. We have a ton in common, a lot of the same interests, and we share a lot of the same views while also giving each other different perspectives on a lot of things. That's why it's easy to get lost in conversation for such long periods of time with her.

The point I'm trying to get across is that if you two hit it off well enough, have a lot in common, and genuinely take interest in each other, you will not have as much of a problem having a conversation with her as long as you actually make an effort to ask her questions and keep the dialogue going on a somewhat smooth course.

And if all else fails, just try to fake it. What else could go wrong?

The only thing she wants to here from you is,
"Yes user I have a car, a job, and a flat you can stay at and eat all my fuckkking food"

That shit's to personal for a first date. Try stuff like this :
imgur.com/gallery/SbuHI

Talk about Sup Forums and killing yourself

Niggers. That way the bitch knows up front that you ain't a libcuck

It's boring to have a nice meal? Fuck off pleb

mind sharing your girlfriend for a little bit? my ex was just like your ex.

t. PUA fuccboi that's never been on an actual date

99% of people have boring, dull lives. And most of them still manage to get laid and be in relationships. You're literally retarded if you think the raw content of the conversation has anything to do with the impression the girl has of you

autistic or child

>go to the cinema
worst date

in the real world people have dinner together

>Go walk around downtown

yeah thats not fucking boring

Don't listen to these virgin cucks, tell her you're going to fuck her right in the pussy. Then fuck her right in the pussy. She wants a man, not a little bitch who wants to talk about feelings. No dinner or dating, just, "wanna fuck?" If she says no she is a lesbian.

Probably stop fretting about it. You'll psych yourself out. If you go into a date assuming it'll go well then it will definitely go better than if you go in anxious about whether you'll be able to hold conversation.

Dates are stupid. Drug and rape them

>just, "wanna fuck?"

sounds autistic and creepy

She couldn't handle my power level

You ask them about their job/career or what they're studying, if you're a man then you just try to segway into a question that inconspicuously lets her tell you her life's story. At which point you just listen to it, try to make a few witty jokes (but not about anything too personal) and when she finally reveals what she's neurotic about you let her know it's not a big deal, or it's what makes her so cute or some bullshit like that.

I'm no Don Giovanni but this has worked, not a 100% of the time though.

The millenial whore, everyone.

YOU don't talk about anything, you just let her talk about herself and maybe ask something about her again.
people in general like to talk about themselves, but women respond to it 100%. they don't care about you or the date, only about themselves, so keep it about them and you'll be golden.
however, that's just for "conversation" (her inane bitching), if you want to fuck her, don't be a nice doormat. girls don't fuck what they've already "won"

>No dinner or dating, just, "wanna fuck?" If she says no she is a lesbian.

Keep telling yourself that buddy.. I've seen and done things you obviously couldn't imagine, here's a pic of where I was living for the past two years.. I settled there after a trip across the country on my motorcycle and had INCREDIBLE experiences
Life before that was constant fun and parties and trips and racing motocross and surfing and playing golf on islands and the list goes on
I have hundreds of stories that I can go to when the conversation gets boring and dull

this right here

Sometimes I wonder why I still come on here, when the people on here can get SOOOOOO basic. I mean come on guys, it's not like we're still in 6th grade. I guess for some they're like that forever

Do you want me to keep posting pictures or do you realize now that I get dates and you don't because I'm an interesting person and not just making noise with my mouth?

and how did you pay for all that fun

howd you make money?

IRS pls go

Dad

HOLY FUCK. all of you retards sitting here swearing up and down that making the girl do all the talking will save you.

how about have a fucking personality?

jesus christ you people are brain dead cavemen.
a girl will rip you apart of youre confident charming and make her laugh.

TALK.
dont just sit there and ask questions like its some sneaky assassin form of getting pussy because you cant think of a conversation to carry.

youre doing it right if shes staring at you smiling while you rock out

this

do this and you'll be fine

>It's easy to be interesting if your parents are rich

Okay faggot, do us a favor and kill yourself.

40 year old virgin movie taught me this

>Don't be yourself

Literally the best advice I've ever heard

your friends make it weird or she does?

You're supposed to know the person before you date them so you actually have information to exchange verbally.

This is not hard unless you're just a liar who's only interested in fucking them, in which case save money and time a hire a hooker.

My girl lets me talk forever. Sometimes I'll realize I'm hogging the conversation. When she talks I listen but hers usually carry on 2/3 of my average before she thinks she's hogging the conversation and asks me to talk about myself

What the fuck? That bitch just doing that in a fucking classroom, she should fucking die.

>You're supposed to know the person before you date them so you actually have information to exchange verbally.

If you already know them, what more is there to talk about?