What's your views on Death, b/? Are you afraid of the fact that you'll eventually die?

What's your views on Death, b/? Are you afraid of the fact that you'll eventually die?

I'm so terrified of death that I don't even go outside.

no
and everyone i've become close to has tried at least once in their life to expedite the process so idk what the deal with being afraid is

I have no fear, no matter how it may happen.
I think most people are scared of the pain that may be associated with death depending on your situation, but once you know you're dying in that moment, the pain doesn't matter, I think this is how suicide victims succesfully commit it.
Though their methods are usually painful, once you're hanging or bleeding, the pain doesn't matter because death will come soon, so who cares how much it hurts when you'll feel nothing forever in a few minutes.

nah i see it as the final release.

no. just afraid of me being aware of it (like i wanna be in a coma or in my sleep when i die, )

no and yes, i want to know the feeling of slipping away from reality but at the same time knowing that at some point everything that that makes me me will just stop in a instant.

then the idea of the after-life is a whole thing thats unknown does your mind just reset and you live your life over again or is it just pitch black

Looking forward to it.

Never felt like I was meant to be here on this stupid planet full of idiots anyway.

I literally can't conceive the idea of me dying. I am the only view of the universe I can experience, therefore I am the only part of the universe I know exists, therefore if I die the universe ends. I just can't imagine that there could be a universe without me.

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of dying after living a shitty life.

Happens to us all. Part of us all fears it but we must accept that it will happen eventually. In a way it makes you appreciate life more

death is a strong motivation; niggas would do whatever it takes to stay alive. i'd willingly become a cyborg with my organs in a machine to prolong my life.

Death is something natural, your time runs out and you are reborn anew or stop existing, if the later thenyou will not care or be aware of what's happening, so no harm done.
What I'm afraid of is the pain

I just tried to kms

You narcissistic piece of shit

yup, pretty much.

When it happens, it happens. There's little I can do to stop it, nor do I want to try. After this, I believe there is nothing, and I look forward to it.

death is void

im honestly scared as fuck to die. it just makes everything seem so pointless. i wish i could chill out and believe in god or something, but there being nothing after death is the most logical choice, even though it sucks.

You either get to have a afterlife or you get to be spacedust, both sound fucking dope.

I want to kill myself, but want it to be painless and quick (pleasurable would be a bonus). Essentially, I want to make it as easy on my family as possible. I don't want them to see me covered in vomit or blood and brain.

I'm scared of the pain that may come from it, even though it'll be over quick. I'm facing federal prison time, so naturally I'm going crazy.

> I die the universe ends
your "universe" ends but all of us keep living it
>I just can't imagine that there could be a universe without me.
thats the most narasistic self centered bullshit ive ever heard. can you not imagine historic events because you werent alive to see it?

I think about it all the time actually
I honestly am scared of how. And how much pain I will endure. And if it will be a horrible tragic death or natural causes.

Kinda sux desu

ITT: edgelords

Nice b8. 2/10 for making me reply

I'm not afraid of dying, it's just how I'm going to die is scary.

This.

This thought has plagued me for over a decade.

Imagine if all you see and feel after death is nothing, yet you can still think.

Fuck that would suck

I don't mean to be narcissistic, it's just the logical conclusion based on the information I have, which is what I see/experience. there is literally nothing else except my existence, so that's all I truly know to exist. therefore when that ends, all that I know to exist ends. and I can't imagine it. no matter how hard I try, I can't imagine a universe without me. just doesn't compute.

>lalala I don't want to think about death, anyone that questions it is an edgelord

mate you need to lurk more if you think this is as edgelordy as this board gets

Let me go ahead and do that for you then. There, I did it. It was great.

It's been in my mind since last month. There isn't a minute in the day where I don't think about it. I wish I could just forget. Fuck man. Seeing some of you saying you've suffered for years fucking scares me. Fuck. Have you talked to a therapist or some shit?

nah that would be alright. what sucks is dying and there's just nothingness. not like you're in total darkness, there's just absolutely nothing. no thoughts, feelings, anything. you just don't exist. wtf.

Holy fuck Sup Forumsalls look what i just found - snap leak,cf

I'm kind of afraid of knowing that I'm dying. I'm also afraid of it being a long drawn out process. I've watched two of the people I love most die slow, horrible deaths with cancer. That's what frightens me.

I'm not afraid of death itself. It's is just eternal non-existence. You won't know anything at all about it, and it'll be as if you never existed in the first place.

Correction
ITT: People having an existential crisis

>there is literally nothing else except my existence
except thats the flaw in your argument.
every person has there own senses and existence.

I don't fear death... I fear a painful or horrible death. I also fear going too early for my son's sake.

You are a virtual emulation of the universe running on a goop-based computer. When you die, a universe does end, just like when you turn off the console.

I would go mad

can you not imagine the world before you?
did you fail history class because of that?

That doesn't even bother me, it's not something you can control. One day it'll just happen and before you know it it'll be over.

It's not death that's scary, it's what comes after, if Athiests are right and it is unconciousness then that seems pretty shit. If there is a hell, strong possibility of all of us going to it, I mean cmon there is so few good people.

Nope.

I thought about death many times in my life. Not in an edgy angst way, but in a "everyone is older than me"way when i was young.

I eat like shit and will most likely die of cardiac arrest. I've accepted it already.

Try thinking of it like this: originally the atoms that you are made off came from the big bang and maybe they existed before that. When you die the atoms will become something else. In a sense you are eternal even if your current councioussess fades.

Are you a solopsist?
Thank heavens I thought I was the only one
Kek

Holy fuck Sup Forumsalls look what i just found - snap leak,cf

nah, I'll be dead what does it matter

that still fucking sucks, my concsiousness is the only thing i truly care about.

You should be more humble, like me, I'm clearly the most humble person here.

I'd even go as far to say I'm the most humble person in the world. The king of humility if you will.

Holy fuck, kill yourself.

I'm pretty sure im not gonna die.

im patiently waiting for the day

How often do any of you think about it?

I'm going to live forever. My mom told me. So I don't really have anything to worry about. Sry guys.

Its the only thing this version of your consciousness cares about

...good for you. doesn't change a thing. why should it? you literally exist only as text on a screen in my eyes to me.

When people think death they think the end of life but I view it as the completion of life.

What is life without death?

This mf thinks he's in the Matrix,and he's the only "real"person.

i honestly thought i was the only one that thinks that way

im ready...had all the party and pussy one guy can get....it was a great ride

Like many say, I've no fear of the act. The circumstances are what frightens me. Will it be excruciatingly agonizing? Will I have said all I meant to say to those I care about?
It's utter bullshit... but I like to think that once the brain decays, all the information within it should too. Therefore your current, sentient "self" would have no memory of its own occurrence.
The sensation of existing should never be realized. The fact that it so frequently and necessarily is realized by all of us is COULD mean that our meat-and-water selves are not all there is to us.

That's a pretty cool thought. I'm down with this.

I don't mean I only know about what I can literally see. the universe exists as is, I can read history books. but it's like playing a video game, like I read history books and believe them but still it's my universe and it ends if I die.

Just life?

No you didnt

nigger detected
hes right, you aint shit bitch

Thats so beautiful.

Death - Your body stops functioning, your brain shuts down, your consciousness goes bye-bye. It'll be like going to sleep or getting blackout drunk except you never wake up.

Nah, if life never ended than what would be the point in living

I use to be terrified of non existence after death. Fucking consumed me. But after researching both the science and religious shit concerning death, I couldn't find any real evidence of anything after you die and that terrified me more and made everything seem pointless. However recently I've made peace with that. I can spend the rest of my life scared and consumed with the thought of nothingness or I can enjoy life. There is no point thinking about something I can do absolutely nothing about. If we cease to exist when we die, it's not like there is anyway to think my way out of that fact. It's inevitable. Stop worrying about something you have no control over and just live on your own terms.

No, thanks to quantum physics I will live forever.
My body, not so much, but I will.

does that apply to suicide, murder, accidents and illness related deaths too? Or is that strictly just for dying of old age?

Beauty is just something people made up.

Solipsism syndrome... Go see a psychologist and get help. Oh wait, you dont believe the doctor has a councioussness and that he just a figment of your imagination or scripted so anything he says is a lie, top kek you even think this is just you talking to yourself, LUL. You cant even help yourself. Sad.

Yeah. I am. That's why I drink.

Seems weird losing my self-awareness. It's not like I can remember not being born, but still.... weird

You're making a mistake here. He can't confirm that other people have their own senses and existence, he can only guess that's the case based upon his own senses and existence.

lol it's just a philosophical position, chill out mate

I, personally, am not scared of the pain. It's the nothing after.

Isn't every feeling/emotion "something people made up" ?

Yes. Color is also something people made up.

exactly. it doesn't make me incapable of compassion and empathy and everything else, it's just I can't imagine dying, that's all.

its just a never ending sleep imo

No... I drive a motorbike , smoke, did army, got a masters degree in mechanical design, have travelled all around the world. Have a kid, have a wife, I feel like I'm ready for the day. However it scares me a little bit, but I know I have experienced most of it what I set to do.

This, basically. Entertain the concept of death occasionally but don't fret over it. It's healthy to realize your mortality. If it doesn't consume you and you use the knowledge to spend this life as best you can. What meets that criteria is different for everyone. I'd say just don't be a dick, try to make life better for others when you can, and enjoy what you can.

No. We'd been dead for eternity before we were born. Life is the exception to the rule. When we die, it's back into oblivion.

Consciousness has been interesting enough. Painful. Joyful. Sad. Funny. It's rather tiring though.

You can't do anything about the nothing that comes after so why think about it? Fear is there to motivate us to solve problems, but no amount of thinking or doing can change what happens when you die, so it's just a waste.

You're missing the point user. Of course its something humans made up but does that somehow ruin the idea of emotions/feelings/ideas purely because its human like?
>if yes robot detected

yeah but when you die nothing else really matters does it syndrome or not

im not alone :( it still plagues me to this day. so far "it" doesnt bother me but it hits HARD sometimes. its called solipsism. as in, "this world cannot possibly exist if i didnt either."

How is that narcissistic? All we have is our perception. You cannot imagine yourself without it outside nothing that a nlack void of nothingness. It isn't narcissistic. Its natural.

I'm going into Biomolecular Engineering to study and contribute in a field that aims to improve our overall standard of living through synthetic technologies, specifically those that reverse/mitigate the effects of aging. It's my hope that death, at least natural death, will one day be the private sector's bitch.

In my view, this is the only rational response to mortality: Biological evolution was steered by self-preservation and gave us the means to stay alive as long as possible and pass our genes. I see no reason why we can't use technology, the product of the sentience nature gave us, to do the same more effectively.

Maybe not to you

This.

When I was younger I used to have panic attacks whenever I thought about dying. This started when I was like 9. I went to a psychiatrist when I was around 13 for other reasons, and we discussed my fear of death. Turns out I have death anxiety (thanatophobia). I thought this was natural, seeing as death is literally the worst thing imaginable, but it isnt. Apparently constantly fearing death whenever the thought of it arises is a bad thing. Who knew?

Either something exist after we die or not. Nothing we can do to change that. Worry about things you can control.

what scares the living shit out of me is that we can't even begin to comprehend what it's like to not be alive