Hey Sup Forums I'm pretty poor and need some quick cash I have this old gibson guitar lying around...

Hey Sup Forums I'm pretty poor and need some quick cash I have this old gibson guitar lying around. I just have no clue on how to identify what kind it is and what year. Anyone wanna help me out. I'll be bumping with pictures

Other urls found in this thread:

thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/gibson-sg-standard-1968-1969-value.832985/
harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-41/1135318-
guitar-list.com/gibson/electric-guitars/gibson-sg-ii
reverb.com/price-guide/guide/808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's an old gibson sg-1
have it dusted off and sell it for 200-250 dollars
( or me for free )

Here is the production number

sorry i meant 300-350

Dang that isn't much. Are you sure?

More like 500-1000

damn it dude...i was lowballing him so I COULD BUY IT...but all joking aside i'd offer it for 750 and haggle to no lower than 550

does that help? also, don't try to sell it to guitar center they are literally retarded...craigslist is the way to go my man but dont get raped

Thanks guys. Look around on eBay if you want it. I'll probably charge 600

I haven't had to look in a while, but there should be online Gibson serial number sites that let you know what year your SG was built. That will be a big determining factor in how much it's worth.

I know it is 1970 because my pap had it when he was a teen

>a gibson SG for $200

Dude i fucking sold my old epiphone SG for 180. A gibson could get a lot more.

could be worth that if its been repaired or something. but it could also have all original parts and possibly history, which you won't know unless you look it up by the serial number

seriously, it could be worth $6000, but more likely in the $750-1000 range

looks to be a 1971 sg special

Serial number dater gives this:

Your guitar was made at the
Kalamazoo Plant, MI, USA
in 1965 or 1968
Production Number: 511970

Just looks so different compared to all the pictures

Reverb.cum

Gibson sn lookup

Yea,a grand for an older SG ain't out of line,hell a pawn shop that knows their shit would drop $350.I'd Ebay or Craigslist for at least $750. Try consignment also at Guitar Center or Sam Ash if ones nearby....

thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/gibson-sg-standard-1968-1969-value.832985/

Looks to be a Gibson SG indeed.. '74/'75.
Not sure about the exact model (standard/special/etc) as I don't usually check Gibson guitars out.

That vintage could fetch 1.5k plus...

Guitar center offered 500 straight up but I need more while I look for a new job
It isn't like I need drugs or something just need gas money

>in 1965 or 1968

Yep, that's a solid $6000 right there, might get more.

Did they ask you to take it in the ass without lube and give them a kiss after?

Fuckers.

Gibson sg ii

Yup right when I heard that much from them I knew it was worth more
I think that is it.

How much should I sell it for

Posting more links not to definitively identify the guitar but to show places to go to learn to do that:

harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-41/1135318-

This guitar is worth 700/800$$

That is for a 75 sg ii

Guit Center will fuck you,do consignment or no. Have an Ebay account? If.not,may be hard to get the big bucks it's worth. If a good solid feedback account,then several grand is not out of the question...

It's a '71 SG-II though. Later versions have the input jack on the side of the body, not on top like this one has.

Should I try reverb

guitar-list.com/gibson/electric-guitars/gibson-sg-ii

Going with reverb
Thanks everyone for your help. You made a poor man happy

reverb.com/price-guide/guide/808

I'd overlooked the "Made In U.S.A." stamp, that means the mfg info is more likely to be:

"This result is a match only if the serial number is impressed on headstock
Made In USA on headstock"

Your guitar was made at the
Kalamazoo Or Nashville Plant, USA
in 1974 Or 1975
Production Number: 511970

Good luck OP!