Weight loss thread

Weight loss thread.

Left pic was August 27th. I was 320 lbs. Right pic was December 27th at 272 lbs. Almost down 50 lbs in four months. Got a Diabetes Type II diagnosis and it scares the fuck out of me.

I did it by cutting carbs, full sugar sodas, and if I went out to fast food, I didn't get fries. I cut calories via general portion control, and I pace a lot, instead of leaning.

I drink between 6 and 8 liters of water a day, and it's got me low on electrolytes. I tried sports drinks, but the sugar fucks with the beetus, and I end up peeing a lot more. Always tired, but I can't sleep for longer than 2 hours before I have to pee again, and there's been a few times at work I was worried I wouldn't get to the bathroom before I pissed myself.

Anyways, if y'all are losing weight, show it off. Upper body pic to follow.

Left pic, September 15th, 315 lbs. Right pick, December 27th, 272 lbs.

much inspiration for me

been tryna lose weight myself but i usually get butt fucked if ya know what i mean.

OP here, switched to desktop.

Went though a similar weight crash in 2014. In February of that year, hit 300 lbs, and started getting pitting edema in my lower legs and feet. Got scared af and went on a 0 carb diet, lost 50 lbs in 4 months with heavy gym use, replaced a lot of fat with muscle. I had fantastic traps, and my lats and delts were pretty good too. Stayed with mostly upper body core exercises, arms, and a shitload of cardio.

Now, it's all through diet, and I think a lot of my weight loss is muscle loss.

Shit, I know what you mean. I married an italian woman, and I love italian food. I've put on 10 lbs a year since we got married when I was 17. I'm turning 32 on the 5th of January. I was on track to keep on doing that whole "weigh 10x my age" thing. Not down with that shit.

Here's what I looked like when I was my target weight of 220 lbs. This was 10 years ago. I was 22.

Well done matey, I'm on a similar mission myself, was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 in Feb and went on a diet (which stalled for 2 months after I split from my gf) and yeah, lost 56lbs so far, most of which in the last 5 months. Currently down to 234lbs with an aim to losing at least another 50-60lbs in 2017.

Great progress on your part though. We're all gonna make it.

You've got a 30 lb headstart on me, good on ya!

My goal is 220... my frame is too big to get below 200 and not look strange.i was 150 when I was 16, and I looked sickly because I was too thin.

At 220, at 22, I looked p. good. I've filled out more, with broader shoulders and wider chest since then, so 220 will look leaner.

Yeah mate can tell you've got a big build, similar to mine but I think you're got more muscle. Nice thing is when hitting a decent weight, you're not going to look like a stick-insect!

Hang on I'll post a before and sofar pic of myself in a min.

Lol, fucked up the rotation cos I'm a noob.

Still got a fair way to go.

There are sugar free sport drinks , for example nunu tablets,

Also 6-8 liters of water... literally why? try to stick to about 4 a day.

Im assuming you got your diagnosis soon before you started to lose weight? if so , if you keep it up for about a year, controlling all carbs and making sure you control your sugars betus type 2 is absolutely nothing. Its extremely manageable trough dieting.

If you aren't into any "big" sport (you didnt mention) try to pick up any low impact stuff like hiking or swimming (swimming is retardedly good for weight loss).

I work out with a couple people with betus 2 and i have never seen them have a problem.

congrats OP, nice progress you got going on

Really inspiring. great job !

Do you worry about having loose skin once you reach your idea weight?

post height and age op? also how much loose skin experiencing. able to post upper body with hips exposed?

I'm 222 right now, started hitting up the gym and trying to eat a bit less. You have a much nicer figure for 220 lbs though, so lucky you.

If he ends up at , lets say 220, thats roughly 100 lbs loss , that doesnt give a lot of extra skin , he will have tiger stripes but its not a big deal and they get less noticeable with time.

If the thought of loose skin is keeping you from losing weight you have to vanquish that thought , its not that big of a deal , and loose skin look better than flaps and gut.

Can loose skin be 'tightened' by building muscle?

Have you gotten more confidence since losing the weight?

Mostly it's the severe thirst that comes from pissing literally ever 1-2 hours, full bladder. I always have dry mouth, and it's bullshit. From the research I've done, that's because my body is working my kidneys doubletime to flush the sugar out of my system. Still working on transitioning to an appropriate diet.

As for sports, I used to do a lot of kendo, fencing, MMA, and freeform armed and unarmed sparring, but my weight has made my back hurt so much, it's aggrivated an old car wreck injury. I haven't sparred in almost 8 years.

I turn 32 on January 5th. I'm currently 5'11", but I'm a fatfuck, so my back is all curved. When I lose weight, I'll be 6' - 6'1". I don't wear underwear, and I'm not gonna do a full frontal, so sorry, no hips. My legs are lean Af though, carrying my fat ass around all the time.

I am a wee bit worried, since I have hella stretch marks. But I'd rather have loose skin than lose my feet.

Yeah, 220 was my Iron Demigod stage, if I ever had one. Fucked like a beast, benched 275, and worked at a lumberyard. It was nice.

It's nice to hear people say they notice. I used to have a huge beard, it hit a lot of my weight loss, since my cheeks and jawline weren't visible.

Serious question.. Does your face become less round when you lose weight?

Yes it can , but its not easy at all to get that big and a lot of the loose skin will be around the gut which is not a particularly "big" zone.

Use Morton lite Salt to replace potassium. I put it in my coffee and can't taste it. On a keto diet myself started at 328 in August currently at 282.

Yes , its a very noticeable change, check any weight loss progress pics , faces change a lot.

Well, see the first pic. It's about a 50 lb difference.

Of course. Face is a fat storage place

Can you recommend some good exercises / diets

If you arent looking for a very specific detailed response just head to /fit and read their sticky , its a great broad read.

I can only really say what I've personally done, which is cutting back on carbs and portions in general, and a hell of a lot more walking. Once the weather warms up a little bit, and I can pour a small concrete slab. I'm gonna get a weight bench and just do some basic stuff like flys, benchpress, curls, lateral dumbell raises, and shrugs. That's what worked for me last time, and my lower body is pretty decent.

I'll try and see if I can get a pic of a leg to show the difference off... my mirror is stupid high though.

How do you stay motivated?

Mostly by not wanting to lose my feet, legs, fingers, eyesight, etc. My great grandparents on both sides succumbed to diabetes complications, and they lost bits and pieces until they just said fuck it and let it kill them.

Than, and I got laid a lot more when I was thinner. Can't expect my skinny, attreactive wife to want to fuck a landwhale.

Here's some shots of my leg. Right leg, forgive the pajama pants and wierd angles.