HVAC problems. The thing wont shut off

HVAC problems. The thing wont shut off.

I called HVAC company, they said they wont diagnose it because the system is dirty (2 year old system). Cleaning is not covered under insurance, so they wanted 1000 to clean it. Told them to fuck right off. They countered with 500. I said I'll think about it. But they will fix it when it gets clean.

Mother calls HVAC company #2 and gets them to "clean" it for 120 bucks. They said there was nothing wrong with the system and it wasnt even that dirty.

Call company#1 back up and say "Here you go, fuckheads, we cleaned it. Now replace the broken parts" They say company #2 didn't do a good job, still the barrier of $500 cleaning before they diagnose it.

Mother caves, pays 500. Guy takes blower, has trouble removing fan from shroud, says he'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime he sprays coils with cleaner. The smell goes through the vents and all over the house, and the foam drains into our yard, killing some flowers. He also didnt clean where the shroud was, he only sprays the coils.

Week passes, no call. When we finally get ahold of him, he says "We'll be there between 9am and 1pm" He shows up at 2pm just to say "I forgot a part" and doesnt return until 5pm. Then, he simply places our blower motor which he took and kept for a week, back into its place. Only I notice that he replaced the motor, without giving us our old one. I assume he sold it to make a profit. While I try to watch over his back he says "You can't watch, youre becoming a liability."

He didnt do anything but spray the coils. The replacement motor is covered under warranty. Does this justify 500 dollars? What do I do?

You threaten whoever got the money with a weapon in a private place since you aren't going to get anything in court and the most you could do otherwise is bitch about it on Sup Forums.

was the company MKT?

one of those things fell thru my friends roof and killed him. his name was donnie.

if you turn off the thermostat and it keeps going replace the relay, problem solved

Yeah this too.
When you know as much as a woman, you get fucked like a woman.

HVAC tech here. Are you sure some retard (you) didn't leave the fan set to "on" instead of "auto"? Most common issue, of course I deal with a lot of older folks. Otherwise, yeah, simple relay failure. You got totally fucked by company #1.

Can confirm, HVAC tech also.
Most companies will charge in excess of $500 to replace a motor but you paying that just for the coil clean is a blatant rip off. I've seen warranty companies do this all the time to try to make additional profits. And using industrial strength coil cleaner on the indoor coil is borderline retarded unless you're dealing with kitchens that have a ton of grease build up. Ditch the warranty company, they're obviously not saving you any money or providing a good timely service.

I just replaced my furnace inducer. Warranty did not cover labor and was quoted about $500. Googled videos on it, found the part on Amazon for $150, put it in ourselves.

I've saved literally thousands of dollars fixing my own appliances from using youtube videos.

They should be here to replace the thermostat today (for free thanks to insurance). I'm going to threaten non-payment and complaints to BBB

The new blower motor is also free under warranty. So it should be free. But the old blower motor couldnt be changed until the blower assembly (i guess that just includes the shroud and the motor) was cleaned. Since he took away my old blower motor, basically he was payed 500 to spray the coils and the shroud of the motor. He also didn't rinse anything off with water. Literally just sprayed chemicals on it and let it "soak" for weeks (aka smell up my mothers home)

Contactor is sticking closed. Warranty companies are a scam. Your getting raped.

HVAC tech here as well. If you change your filters properly it should never have to be cleaned. Period. You're getting played by those guys. Also spraying acid cleaner on your coil and leaving it there is gonna eat a fucking hole in your equipment.

KEK

should i rinse my coils with water?

I'm not sure if its acidic. I tried looking at his canister but it didn't say anything of the contents. It was a yellowish orangish liquid. He accidentally sprayed some on me while I was watching and he said "your skin will be fine, just rinse with water"

>Mother calls HVAC company

then have her deal with it

He charged you 500 to clean the fucking coils? He ripped you the fuck off man. All you need to do with coils is spray the bitch with scalding hot water and brush it with a wire brush. Fuck man. Do not use those guys any more if you dont have to.

Technically he should have rinsed it. Did it foam up? It was almost definitely an acid. If it's been sitting there for weeks then the damage is already done my dude. Also, if your motor is continuously running, it's very obviously not a broken motor.

You have to disengage the flux capacitor to shut it off properly before working on it....

thats half your problem user.

This, ive literally done this before. Some guy ripped my aunt off on building her kitchen.
Me and my dad and her husband(ex) confronted him on her property on what im sure was his last date (he wasnt even near finished despite being 6k in) and after some arguments he got pushed to the floor, i had a pipe and i wacked his leg realllllly hard and he started screaming and his first words were (ill give you all the fuckin money back fuck) that didnt stop my dad tho from kicking him a few times and shit. You dont have to do this, but if you were deceived go ahead and get revenge. the justice system doesnt give a fuck. hes not going to call the cops if he did something wrong. Thats just how it is.

It foamed up a little. Not to the extent I'vve seen in youtube videos like giant marshmallows. But i think most of it sloughed off... theres dirty foamy goop in my grass area. No water rinse though.

Yeah maybe if it was thousands of dollars...500. Just a tad high my friend. I'd gladly pay him up to 200 maybe 250 because he put up with me breathing down his neck the first visit. And he did spray the coils I suppose, so thats something.

All you can really do is cross your fingers at this point. We clean the outdoor coil with regular service, the fact that this scam artist charged you 500 for what is included in a 70 dollar service call is wild

Contactor doesn't supply power to the indoor dumbshit

He also sprayed the blower assembly, dont get me wrong. But seeing as he took the old motor and replaced it with a new one...like...what extra did he really clean? Just the shroud and possibly the fan, though the fan looked different too, i didn't get a good look before he told me to go away. I think theyre going to get it good when their company shows up today.

Literally only takes water to clean a blower assembly. And, again, when the fan is constantly running, it's a good sign that your motor still works. More than likely a relay was your issue. You've been dped all around my friend