Buddhism General

Buddhism General

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyplaii9p4
youtube.com/watch?v=GfqLdOgoB98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

k then, ill dump the photos i have of a temple i went to a while back

I like some of the aspects of buddhism, like the emphasis on your own mind rather than an external deity, but I don't like the concept of enlightenment and buddhas. I don't think there is such a black/white state one can reach, and even if there is there would be no way of proving you had reached it to anyone so there has got to be a lot of "fraud buddhas" around that simply trick people into thinking they are special.

sorry about shit quality, not got the best phone

lovely photos

You don't really understand what a 'Buddha' is.

i know what you mean but the concept of enlightenment is just meant to be a personal goal, not something you go around advertising.

Then maybe explain instead of being a douchebag

thanks user
someone who is enlightened, but when people refer to the Buddha they usually refer to prince Siddhartha who brought Buddhism to the world

did "Buddha" ever exist?

forgot photo

One of the few religions where the origin is historically known to a high degree of accuracy. Siddhartha was an actual prince. Wiki the rest

Enlightenment is an actual scientific thing

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyplaii9p4

Beautiful. Much bodhichitta to you of however you spell it. You have a bohddisatva?

this is all i got that doesn't exceed the file size limit

>The Most SHOCKING Truth You'll Ever Hear

Yeah the credibility is through the roof with this one

these are just photos i took last time i was there, i just like to go there from time to time. i dont know much about it as a whole other than the basics
Samye ling on the borders of Scotland if you wanted to know

This right here is a perfect example of proving the usefulness of buddhism.

When someone is a D-bag about any sort of spiritiuality is completely loses all credit. Since happiness is basically the opposite of a D-bag. And the whole point of any religion/spiritual practice is to be happy

南無阿彌陀佛, niggas!

Buddhism is the most benign, the least evil of major religions. Still stupid, but -- in the words of a great man: "Mostly harmless".

i got trips nice

To me Enlightenment is just emotional maturity. Which buddhism does do a pretty good job of helping people reach. But yeah there's no super happiness phase. It's just the ability to reach a happy neutral phase. Tons of people with good families are "enlightened" and just about every baby is enlightened. Just a lot of people lose it along the way.

Yeah there's only handful or so of major world religions that agree with him
youtube.com/watch?v=GfqLdOgoB98

Buddhism would be better thought of as a philosophy as opposed to a religion. Basically the only philosophy where the chief philosopher stated that basically every philosopher is wrong and they're only thinking about inane bullshit so much because they're so out of tune with emotions and their mind.