HVAC problems. The thing wont shut off

HVAC problems. The thing wont shut off.

I called HVAC company, they said they wont diagnose it because the system is dirty (2 year old system). Cleaning is not covered under insurance, so they wanted 1000 to clean it. Told them to fuck right off. They countered with 500. I said I'll think about it. But they will fix it when it gets clean.

Mother calls HVAC company #2 and gets them to "clean" it for 120 bucks. They said there was nothing wrong with the system and it wasnt even that dirty.

Call company#1 back up and say "Here you go, fuckheads, we cleaned it. Now replace the broken parts" They say company #2 didn't do a good job, still the barrier of $500 cleaning before they diagnose it.

Mother caves, pays 500. Guy takes blower, has trouble removing fan from shroud, says he'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime he sprays coils with cleaner. The smell goes through the vents and all over the house, and the foam drains into our yard, killing some flowers. He also didnt clean where the shroud was, he only sprays the coils.

Week passes, no call. When we finally get ahold of him, he says "We'll be there between 9am and 1pm" He shows up at 2pm just to say "I forgot a part" and doesnt return until 5pm. Then, he simply places our blower motor which he took and kept for a week, back into its place. Only I notice that he replaced the motor, without giving us our old one. I assume he sold it to make a profit. While I try to watch over his back he says "You can't watch, youre becoming a liability."

He didnt do anything but spray the coils. The replacement motor is covered under warranty. Does this justify 500 dollars? What do I do?

Can you get a hold of the manufacturer or whatever company that sells the system?
Also what country?

>he replacement motor is covered under warranty
>he replaced the motor, without giving us our old one
warranty parts usually go back to manufacturer to be reworked and resold
shit is fixed? yes?

move on with life br/o/

Next time find out what part you need and replace it yourself. The motor will have a serial number. You can blow out the coil yourself. If you dont want to, then pay the man and forgettabouit

As an ex hvac tech, you got ripped off hard, whole process should of cost no more than $90 motor probably needed some oil and maybe a new belt for the blower fan

this is why God invented shotguns

find one and take a trip to company 1

Seems like the thermostat would have been the most likely source of the problem. A new one would be about $30 bucks. More for programmable. Y'all got milked like a cow.

That's a commercial squirrel cage/blower.

Currently in commercial HVAC. Start cleaning interior and exterior coils yourself once a year, inside using no rinse cleaner in a can. Homedepot sells. Exterior use nu-brite. Must rinse, and highly caustic.

Usually comes down to capacitors. Rarely does a motor go out. Also, it was sent back to manufacturer. You can find out by requesting an itemized list of all repairs performed within their information. If motor wasn't listed, he jacked you for parts to sell. If listed, move on.

Rip off? Yes. Anything you can do about it? No.

OP here. They said I'm not allowed to do internal maintenence on it myself because im not certified. This was around the same time they tried selling me their maintenance package, 100 a year for filters and maintenance, and they tried pushing 1200 for UV light protection against mold.

A guy is coming in a few hours to replace thermostat and wire (for free). Wat do?

by A guy, I mean a service man from company 1's crew. Not the same guy that took my blower though.

Also, why would they say my blower needs replacing (or anything at all) when they havent even diagnosed it?

Sounds like the company is One Hour. I used to manage on of those and they are Satan.

Comfort Tech based in Tampa FL

website is comforttechfl.com

looks sketchy as fuck, its made with wordpress or some shit. I cant believe my insurance company picked these guys.

BBB his ass

F U C K H V A C

Biggest scam since politics. I would rage over the phone OP

Legitimate story, bro.

Better Business Bureau is your friend. also when did Sup Forums become an man?

As an HVAC tech who works for a good company, I sadly run into this kind of shit all the time. There isn't much you can do except try and find a better company and make the old company provide an itemized break down of costs.

Also, if everyone has been using good filters, duct cleaning is unnecessary and a rip-off 80% of the time.

This is false. You aren't allowed to service the refrigerant systems. HVAC certification covers filling, emptying, and replacing refrigerant. Electrical and mechanical problems require no certification to address.

Guy you replied to here.
UV systems are only good for commercial outside air handlers.

Ignore them. Do your filters, and clean your own coils. There is nothing anywhere stating you have to be certified to do it.

>commercial outside air handler
That is what we have in humid old florida. It is a package unit. I hear UV bulbs cost 100 each.

They didn't "check" my ducts yet. I don't think I will let them.

Any other tips are greatly appreciated. What are the chances of getting some or all of my money back?

op is raging

I just called them and told them you were complaining about their service on the internet. Ray (guy on the phone) asked for the website name and I gave them this URL.

Another unidentified man got on the phone and said he'd be visiting you later to talk about the problem and resolve it.

GL OP!

They will be met with resistance and nagging.

this thread again...

SOLUTION; BE A MAN AND LEARN TO FIX YOUR OWN SHIT.
start by getting a multimeter.

id rather this than another trap thread, at least op is getting different answers

No, you might have a swamp unit but you don't have an OAHU unless you're in an office complex. It's useless otherwise.

Do your own work.

I would do my own work but the AC is my mothers and she wants to stick with her insurance since Im'm not "certified" i will void the warranty.

This.

The secret to life is understanding how to fix your shit. You may not always have the time, tools or skill to do so, but having an understanding will keep your virgin asshole pure as the driving snow.

That may be, but it doesn't me you have to be ignorant and get taken advantage of.

I think OP understands but how bout for right now he yell at some people over some phones to get what he wants because 500 for that shit is ridic, a bottle of cleaner is 30 dollars.