Mfw seeing more and more BSG threads cropping up when I visit Sup Forums

>mfw seeing more and more BSG threads cropping up when I visit Sup Forums
It warms my heart. I used to be a huge Trek fan but I defected after I saw the miniseries and haven't looked back since.
Adama kicks ass more than anybody else. Maybe Colonel Tigh so long as he wasn't on the lag boat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qr_79Jm62mo
youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=9c2ZJPKz5u8
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rewatched BSG recently. Never going to get that kinda quality in scifi again.

Feels bad

Thread theme : youtube.com/watch?v=Qr_79Jm62mo

Why was he so few things?

>I'm getting my men.

Admiral Cain did nothing wrong!

Step it up son
youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs

Somebody needs to make that into a meme
>Getting my men intensifies
or something like that

We can go all night my friend.
youtube.com/watch?v=9c2ZJPKz5u8

I'm not your friend, buddy
But I respect your taste in music and am glad that I can share my love of Battlestar's elder-god tier soundtrack with another fan of the show
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI

She did literally everything wrong. And to be fair I don't think Adama would've done any different without the civilian counsel considering they were also toying with the idea of implementing a military dictatorship.

Daily reminder, You can't rape a machine.

Silly OP, those are BFG threads shills are spamming

No one cares about your faggy space novella

That's the point. Adama would have and later did most, if not all, the same shit Cain did. Yet in the episode he was an out of character POS. At least in Razor they retconed him somewhat and made him more accepting of Cains actions.

> My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be.

Lieutenant.

HES THE MOTHERFRAKKING SHIT

>you will never drink half the liquor left in the universe.

He was a good guy, Shame they ruined him with that final five shit.

Who is the best waifu and why is it starbuck?

Racetrack is the only right choice.

Looks like Willem Dafoe

Daily reminder that she got blacked

Good man.
I'm rewatching BSG at the moment but I'd forgotten this song. Ended up throwing it on repeat most of today.
That and the start of Prelude to War are fucking incredible.

Having a nigger eco isn't getting blacked.

The only directly comparable Trek is Voyager, which BSG blew out of the water. Something like DS9 is great in its own right.

Anyways, what did Sup Forums think of the finale?

It was ok.

I'm in the minority who liked it. I didn't mind the deus ex stuff, and I didn't mind the religious aspects because I felt they were present in some form throughout much of the show. I thought it wrapped things up for most characters (with a few exceptions) in a satisfying way and I was pretty moved by the whole thing

I was totally hooked to this show up until the 'final five' reveal, then everything just fell apart.

At that point I realized that there was no grand plan behind this series and that the showrunners were just 'winging it', and the final five was them saying 'we don't know what the fuck we're doing' .

The writer's strike really screwed over BSG

How to.get rid of hangovers:

>I'm getting maimen

What did Adama mean by this?

>"Starbuck, can you see the Cylons?!"
>"Yes sir, they're... oh frak, they're all over the place, they're all along the watchtower!"
what did she mean by this?

The Final Five was where the show totally lost it. Thinking about that plotline actually makes me feel sort of sick. I also miss when the cylons seemed formidable instead of petty and totally out of their depth. Still this show is one of the best.

>mfw I saw that for the first time

Im rewatching it and this exact scene is playing, weird

>and they have a plan

>mfw Gaius worked so hard all his life to distance himself from his Aerilon roots and his upbringing and to make himself into a success
>mfw he ended up as a farmer

You know there was actually an inkling back in Season 1 when Gaius tested Ellen and he said how everything would be easier if he kept his mouth shit

I was rewatching it but quit at the episode that features Dixon from Alias because I fucking hate that nigger's face so fucking much

But does BSG have Deanna Troi's cleavage?

It's got Lucy Flawless

>Why did the BSG ending suck?

The writers resorted to a literal “Deus ex Machina”, failed to resolve their plot and its mysteries in a satisfying way, left us with a preachy message about faith and dancing robots. The ending made the entire story, including the Cylons integrating into the fleet, the Opera House visions and Hera's importance to the future, completely irrelevant and pointless in the end

>With the ending we saw, how was Hera irrelevant?

The whole series, including the thread of the Cylons becoming accepted in the fleet's society seemed to be moving towards having Cylons and humans interbreed. With ‘Earth’ nuked and resurrection destroyed it was supposed to be the only hope for the survival of both species. It turns out, that doesn't happen.

Also, a bunch of other Cylons decided to live on the earth seen at the end of the series, and any one of them could produce a hybrid child with the primitive humans, making Hera unnecessary. Just being 'Mitochondrial Eve' doesn't cut it, in validating the years of visions and manipulations by God-Six and God-Baltar (the ones they see in their heads). Any of the modern humans and Cylons interbreeding with the primitive humans could produce another child just like Hera.

>How would it have been a better ending? How should it have ended?

I would have liked it if they left Earth nuked, and had the fleet deal with the Cylons on their own, destroying or making a truce with the bad ones and accepting the good ones into their society. This would have made the story up to that point mean something.

They also could have kept the religious themes without having God step in and take such direct action as destroying The Colony and magically bringing Kara into existence to fix everything. God should've just worked through the human characters like Gaius preached instead of being his own character with actual actions.

>How could the show have ended on a better note, with Hera still being the key to both race's survival?

She was mostly just a symbol of hope for both races. They could have had the fleet settle somewhere and show the humans and Cylons becoming a fully integrated society, with Hera leading them.

I also would have liked it if they proceeded from making the truce with Cavol to give them resurrection and explored the consequences of that, like whether or not he'd keep the peace. Whether the other bad Cylons would start questioning him or leaving to join the fleet Cylons, once they see that crossbreeding is possible. Hera could've become a symbol to them too, inspiring them to change.
Part of the problem was that they left so much to be resolved by the finale that it would have been hard to deal with everything fully in two hours. The ending deserved to have a jump ahead in time, like when they settled on New Caprica. Get their civilization going somewhere and see it in a few years

>With the ending we saw, were the subplots involving Baltar and Caprica-Six irrelevant?

Yes, since in the end the entire point was to save Hera's life at that exact moment. Everything else God-Six had Baltar do, didn't really impact anything since their society just ended. The religious movement with his harem was pointless.

>Did Kara Thrace make Hera irrelevant? If yes, then how?

I don’t know what comparison there can be. It seemed before like it would turn out that they're both Cylon-human hybrids, which would've made perfect sense, but no. Making her an angel hardly seems to fit with the show’s established mythology at all, since she was corporeal. Hera was irrelevant simply because of how they ended their storyline. Kara was just another “Deus ex Machina”, placed there to jump them to earth just before they were going to explode.

>swn publicly castrate you on the bridge for insubordination
;_;

>What do you say to fans who think "It was a good ending. Oh, well there must be a God, and he saved all the characters, etc"?

That it’s cheap poorly thought out religious subtext used to cover the writers' glaringly lame “Deus ex Machina” and not really answer any questions

>What questions were left unanswered?

Mostly Starbuck's nature. It wasn't really answered in a way that fit with the series mythology, like I said. Where did her new Viper come from after she returned from exploding. There were things throughout the series, like Adama receiving the note in his quarters telling him that there are 12 Cylon models. The answer to any of these holes is pretty much just “God did it.” It's not so much a matter of questions unanswered, it's more about questions answered poorly, like the 'Mitochondrial Eve' thing.

>Any other grievances?

The flashbacks were a pretty half-assed way to try to shoe-horn some character development in at the last minute. The montage of robots over Jimi Hendrix was beyond heavy-handed. God-Baltar's line about god preferring 'not to be called that' seemed like a lame way to provoke debate by creating a new mystery they don't intend to ever follow up on. The fleet's plan to stop the cycle by starting civilization over from scratch didn't really make logical sense. It would've made more sense to bring their advanced knowledge and experience to the primitive humans and actively prevent repeating history's mistakes. Like if they had settled on Mt. Olympus and given the tribal Greeks fire, language, etc.

How stupid was Boomer going turncoat at the end because she "owed him one"?

Yeah, it was such a lame twist, telegraphed miles away and then they try to validate with one little flashback. I never really got why she was with Cavol to begin with. If she “owed Adama one” then she wouldn’t have kidnapped her in the first place.

My nig nog

one of my friends was an intern working with the writers while working on the show in Vancouver, we did a Q and A after he was released from the production

the writer's strike nearly destroyed the show, but it did ruin the ending.

CAIN?

"oh fuck we only have a few episodes left, who do we make cylons? uh oh hmm, how about you, you, you, you, and uh... someone who is missing but we'll talk about!"

phew that was close

Everything past the first 2 season was a mistake.