Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I thought it was better than The Force Awakens

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QOpYMsFXQ]
youtube.com/watch?v=EcKk9SnBdm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First hour or so was somewhat boring, but the ending was great. The CGI was noticeable, but it wasn't terrible. Overall: 8/10

u thought wrong

>420
Blaze it

The only funny part was when they put the bag on the blind guy's head and he said it was pointless.

Overall the movie was bad not force awakens bad but bad. They really only pandered to the audience through nostalgia.

Saw it twice in theaters.

I'll have to watch it at home to really get a feel, but Rogue One is clearly one of the best in the series. It is definitely within the top 3.

I thought the movie was, meh. I saw MatPat's film theory on Rogue One and thought that was plausible and would have been a great twist ending. The ending they gave us was too predictable and the entirety was more walk and talk than I'd like. 6/10 would maybe Star Wars again
[m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QOpYMsFXQ]

Definitely better then TFW. I think it's on the level of the original trilogy, but the OT is barely above this movie.

This would have been better: youtube.com/watch?v=EcKk9SnBdm8

i'm assuming I'm against the norm on this but I liked it better than any other SW film.

The ending was well done and nicely tied into A New Hope. It showed the "luck" of the Rebels.

I liked the fact it didn't use the scrolling space words and stayed away from normal SW methods.

I'm glad they didnt make this into some useless romance either.

A few things i didnt like but overall the film was well done. I'm a fan of the Deathstar and to see it used more and to see the image of it from the ground was what I was wanting to see.

No one explains well in my opinion why they hate it. I feel like they hate it just to act like a critic. Awakens was just a repeat of a New Hope and nothing interesting or original... that explains the hate. But why Rogue One?

It's a good first step in making Star Wars for Adults. Marketing, whatever. But it's time they nixed the pandering to the little adolescent fucktards.

>Thoughts?
See pic related.

Heroes were actually heroes for once.

Some people get their hopes so high Jyn could have reached through the screen and given them a blow job and they would still be disappointed.

I try and not get hyped before any big movie or game as you can only go down from the hype train not up. My only expectation was that it looked better than TFA, and so I really loved it. Felt like old school starwars for me. It was great how they had all the old looking tech and little easter eggs too but didn't harp on nostalgia too much like TFA did.

That is like backwards for rogue one.

I'm just not into action these days. Not unless you have compelling characters anyway.

100% this

Pretty good. A lot better that Force Awakens.

Better than Force Awakens and better than 6

TFA had the originals in it and that saved it. Snoke seems interesting. Kylo would of been if he left the mask on. Ren beating him in a sword fight was lame.
Rogue One was over all better. The chick was hot. Hope Scotty beamed her up for a sequel.

A midget kept getting excited and laughing at unfunny parts through the whole movie,

I didn't care about any character and I thought that the whole movie could have been told in 6 minutes credits included.

They just sort of walked around and did a thing, then told the audience why they did the thing, then r2-d2 showed up and then they did a thing and it ended. It seemed like they told the director to do whatever he wants but he had to stay within lore and had no room to do anything interesting.

It was better, and the girl is a real qt 3.14
Also the ending was refreshing. Would give it 7,5/10. Minus points for main protagonist being a girl, not enough Vader action, trying with the memberberries too hard and the jihadi rebels.

I thought the writers tried too hard to be edgy. The ending sucked.

how so and in what ways?

didnt seem "edgy" to me and the ending was well put together.

Why, they killed off the characters showing that they wouldn't make a cashgrabby sequel and tied it up to the original movies. Also it was realistic enough as there was no way they could've escaped. Although all of them should've been dead way earlier if they were aiming for realism. Also it showed what kind of hell war is and how hopeless the rebel struggle is and what miracle it is that they pulled it off in the original movies. I would've liked if that big Asian dude survived or died a better death though, getting shocked by your friend dying killing s couple of dudes and dying to a grenade was somewhat of a letdown.

I think RLM had a fairly accurate assessment. It would've been pretty great if they'd focused on a few characters and developed them better.

i do agree to this. His death was a let down and he could of been more of a final defense slowing down the troopers from returning to stop Jen.

developed into what? no need for a sequel and no use for one... plus they all get killed. they showed their struggles and angles. what the fuck more do you want?

The characters were so good that I saw everyone in the theater shrug when they died at the end.

>developed into what?
Characters that we give a shit about.

If you don't make an emotional connection with the characters, the action is pointless.

8/10 was a good one. Better than ep7. Maybe 6-7/10 if you had too much expectations but thats your problem.

I concur.

Trash but not for the same reason as the last one. TFA was trash because they used the same plot as the first one. This one was just boring as fuck.

>15 mins into the movie, nothing interesting
>30 mins into movie, nothing
>1 hour, still nothing
>1:30, fell asleep from boredom

So trash I couldn't even finish it.

Don't bother pirating, waste of a good 1.3gb

Really boring for the most part. Final battle at the end was decent. Overall, better than TFA but that's not saying much

I was pretty hyped at first because they were weaving a decent story, but then it slowly dawned on me that I didn't give a shit about the characters, so it didn't matter.

maybe you didnt relate to any of the characters but i did. Maybe you were so focused on hating the movie before you watched it you despised it.

when i go to the bathroom i expect to see shit.

Too predicable? Of course, it leads to ep iv kek

I agree with you. One of the best Star Wars film if not the best, and one the best movies overall I've watched.

exactly right
i watched it the first night it came out on bootleg, thinking it was gonna be a great little background for drinking and Sup Forums'ing

basically forgot it was even on until the last 10 minutes or so, so boring

tried to tell people this and they insisted it was good. they insisted that everyone said its good and it's good.

star wars fans are the most blindly accepting lamebrains around. they're like the old lady as church who gives 50 dollars to the parish every week and buries her face in her rosary every morning, except they're even worse

if you use it as background noise then what do you expect? you were barely paying attention.

for fucks sake, trying paying attention to a movie to understand it.

so many faggots these days expect constant fucking action or they get bored.

go eat your meds kid. your looking too hyper.

>sequel
Are you retarded?

I wasn't focused on hating it. I like Star Wars and I was initially happy to see that it wasn't shit. It wasn't until it was over and I thought about why I didn't love it that I realized its faults.

I like how it didn't really feel like a Star Wars movie. Other than the dialogue during the first half of the movie (post-childhood) and the fact that he had his eyes open when the "light" took him (killed the scene), I enjoyed it.

Thought it was mediocre

It was a good Action movie but a horrible Star Wars movie, funny but uncommon Jokes considering the previous movies. The blind believer had some unnecessary additions, but had some flavour.

But it amazed me how "meh" the movie was, i watched it without having any feelings when i sat down, i didn't go with a giant hype feel or anything. But i was regardlessly dissapointed, we more or less watched Jyn crawl a ladder for 10 minutes - were nothing else really happened. We saw that a strike couldnt be cancelled and all, but nothing that was important for the plot.

Also it bugs me how the Deathstar had PINPOINT accuracy when it fired the first time, but the second time it was off by several miles. Just for a cheesy ending shot of Jyn and the captain hugging it out.

What also bugs me is that we where introduced to a whole new character, that was given no real meat on the bone. We were shortly introduced to the Erso family - but for no reason. There was no characters that added anything REAL juicy to the lore, the only thing that affected the lore was the fact that Erso built a way to destroy the Deathstar.

But the biggest issue that i have to recheck is that, in Star Wars IV R2-D2 has the Schematics that he gets from Leia. But we saw that him and C3P-O was on the Rebel Base, so in some weird way R2-D2 warps aboard her ship while they're fleeing between this movie and Star Wars IV

>implying any star wars film has ever had plot, imagery, character development, or anything at all which is difficult to understand

well, you've done a fine job of proving the theory about star wars fans, so i guess thanks for that

That guy in the pic is from wisconsin, spotted cow is so good

This man never goes to the bathroom just to piss.
tl;dr This man is a liar.

>15 mins into the movie
discover he is an escaped imperial scientist and watch her escape death.
>30 mins into the movie
introduced to the planet Jedha and watch the city destroyed by the Deathstar.
>1 hour
Watch the characters fight at the Imperial base where an X-Wing Squadron attacked at the same time.

Did you watch the same movie?

>doesnt actually watch the movie
>complains about blind praise while blindly shitting on the movie

KEK

I thought the characters were boring. When I left the theatre I barely could remember the characters and their motivations. But Rogue One makes up for it in its action. The fights are some of the best fights in the Star Wars franchise. There's an awesome Vader scene at the end where he just demolishes the rebels. If you're a Star Wars fan you're definitely gonna enjoy the movie. There is really no stakes if you watched Episode IV. It has a predictable ending and you could go without watching it if you're mainly watching for the characters or plot. I would still recommend seeing it. Solid 7/10

Your last point is autistic, the rebel fleet clearly warps to the planet, the droids are probably in the capital ship

>I thought the characters were boring. When I left the theatre I barely could remember the characters and their motivations
This. 7 had more memorable characters/ better character development, though the OT takes the cake on this front.

also agreeing that the normandy shit was great

i think you missed a few things. They aimed to stop the transmission and they hit directly the attenna.

R2-D2 and C3PO obviously boarded a frigatte shortly after that scene following Leia. And they then warped minutes later to the battle.

This. I also liked the lack of kiddie shit. It's a straight up gritty war movie

>Be careful not to choke on your aspiration director
worst line in the film, vader confirmed as faggot who tells dad jokes

Overall decent movie. Biggest point against it is the protagonist plays out Finn's character arc from the last one WHILE being the Mary Sue that whatserface was from the last one.

"I don't fucking care, this isn't my fight.
Oh, suddenly I care and am suddenly amazing at rousing speeches. Twice.
Have we mentioned that I basically never really have any significant trouble throughout the movie?"
Seriously, the biggest setback was the council saying no, and then she just goes and fucking does it anyways, AND they still came to help before they got the report that she was stirring up shit.

Also, this bugged me a bit. "They call it The Death Star, because there truly is no more appropriate name." What about, gee, I dunno, The Death Moon? Really? Star is the most appropriate?

Overall pretty good movie. Pretty solid CG, gorgeous visuals, writing could've been better but it was just a prequel anyways, so whatever.

>star wars fans are the most blindly accepting lamebrains around
dude most star wars fans are picky as fuck and will tear apart everything about any new films or changes to the originals

First question I asked after that movie was what were the main characters names? I think the girls Jen. No idea what the han solo guy was or the robot was 20 or something.

If I don't know your name, there's a fucking problem.

I thought it was entertaining but the story was dumb. the monk felt out of place. the other asian guy had a crazy blaster. that old general guy in 3d looked fake as fuck.

>they killed off the characters showing that they wouldn't make a cashgrabby sequel
bit late. the sequel is called "Star Wars: A New Hope"

Agreed, Vader acted like a fucking clown

its funny how everything in that picture is dead/destroyed.

It really depends on the fans. There's the hardcore ones that love the originals and hate everything else or the ones that blindly like the prequels because Star Wars is in the title

>Vader tells dad jokes
I feel like you missed the original trilogy. Vader one liners are the best. He's intimidating because he CAN AND WILL fuck your shit up. Not because of dialogue.

robot was K2S0
girl was Jyn

that's literally all I remember. I liked the monk though, he's basically zatoichi which is great since star wars is based on samurai films. still not very fleshed-out as a character, but a cool idea.

7 had good character development?

are you 8 years old?

they were unrealistic and predictable in ep 7. The whole story was unoriginal.

Poe is the only decent character but the rest... yawn.

The characters in Rogue One were much more realistic.

The enemy wasnt the Imperial Officer clad in all white by the way. It is the DeathStar. They all focus on it.

FUCKING THIS

The movie would have been perfect if it weren't for the fucking Vader pun. That shit was worse than him yelling "NOOOO" at the end of Episode 3.

Pickle, is that you?

It really depends on the fans. There's the hardcore ones that love the originals and hate everything else or the ones that blindly like the prequels because Star Wars is in the title.

>that old general guy
>not recognizing Tarkin before he even turns around

>I feel like you missed the original trilogy.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Vader never made cheesy puns in the original trilogy. If you thought that one-liner was the "best" then kys, sorry fam.

Can't say I've ever gone by that name. Pickle sounds like a smart guy though.

I don't know about development, but Rey and Finn were much more salient characters than the bunch in Rogue One.

Leia wasn't CGI. That was Carrie Fisher's daughter.

>felt rushed
>no character development
>no character backstory to make you care
>too much fluff, not enough good stuff like Vader kicking ass
>New Hope talked about getting the Death Star plans like it was some well planned great espionage undertaking
>Rogue One took the easy way out of having a defector who designed it basically give it to them

Pretty mediocre. Only reason it's doing well is because it has Star Wars in the title.

why does vader like force choke so much?

wouldnt it remind him that he basically choked out the mother of his kids and killed her? id probably never use that shit again if I fucked up that badly.

>if you don't agree with my opinions you should kys
user pls. If you're gonna be a bitch like that and back up your opinion with nothing more than "my opinion > yours" then don't even bother.

>That shit was worse than him yelling "NOOOO" at the end of Episode 3.
No. Hopefully nothing will ever beat that level of Vader cringyness.

not even remotely accurate. body double (not her daughter) from behind, face was all CGI.

>Rogue One took the easy way out of having a defector who designed it basically give it to them
how else do you explain such a glaring and fatal design flaw in the death star?

agreed on the other points

>evil force user gets stronger when channeling pain and anger
Lemme think about that one for a sec...

high heat exhaust vent

Rogue One actually had multiple cuts. That's why a lot of it was rushed and that would explain why in the movie they're constantly switching from planet to planet more than any other Star Wars movie

a lot better than the 7th obviously

NOT MUCH SJW BULLSHIT SO THAT WAS A HUGE PLUS

no awkward romances

there were like 3 or 4 times i distinctly remember getting that chills sensation

loved how they used the old faces
>blah blah you could tell they weren't real blah blah

tbh i don't think anyone that hadn't seen their faces before would really think they were cgi...at least not the average person.
the shock of seeing their young/not dead faces again made up for the cgi anyways

graphics were pretty good and so were the scenery/color schemes of the film

yes nostalgia counts

was just a pretty good movie. stop fucking complaining. accept that it'll never be 100% the star wars you remember as a kid and move on...look towards the future of the franchise to a certain extent

when darth vader turned on his light saber and began his slaughter of the rebels i totally got a hard on too

I don't have to back up anything. "Be careful not to CHOKE on your ambitions" (while making pinchy fingers over the shoulder) is lame as fuck. Totally out of character. I'll bet you took Jar Jar seriously too.

I'd like one of you to name me a SINGLE NEW planet we visited for the first time in this movie WITHOUT using google.

Lmao the first 15 minutes is the same retarded shit we've seen in the past. The big bad government comes to a family's home and the son/daughter has to hide. As if we haven't seen it already.

The rest is just a terrible attempt at trying to get the audience interested in the shitty plot while adding a bunch of new shit that wasn't in the previous movies.

Overall, if you have the mentality of a child then you'll love it cuz "OMG SPACE LAZERS LIGHTSABERS AND ROBOTS!!!!111."

>Disney is clever
>Disney knows their audience are children and manchilds
>Disney knows their audience don't give a shit about a a good story, just cool shit made from CGI
>Disney will keep shitting on every franchise they can get their Jew hands on just like we've seen with Marvel and SW.

>No.
Yes
>Hopefully nothing will ever beat that level of Vader cringyness.
Him making a pun in Rogue One certainly fucking did.

SJW bullshit

The empowered female leads her racially diverse team on a quest to stop the white male patriarchy from controlling the galaxy.

Scarrif but to be fair I saw the movie twice

>i don't think anyone that hadn't seen their faces before would really think they were cgi
I don't know how anyone could not notice. It seemed pretty rough to me.

EVERYONE DIES

Eadu, Jedha.
No google

anons don't fight, can't we just agree both films gave vader a terrible line that made his character cringey?

I agree I like this better than FA mostly because its more familiar.

Scarrif, Jehda..

only planet i forgot is the battle at the Imperial Base where Jyn's father dies.

We're in here talking about Rogue One, so obviously we've all ready seen it. What did you think you're going to accomplish by posting a spoiler for the movie in a such a thread?

not true darth vader (I think that was his name) makes it all the way to the very end. I think he'll be in the sequel.

>only planet i forgot is the battle at the Imperial Base where Jyn's father dies.
dude there were like a dozen new planets, you named two.

>I don't have to back up anything
Neat, so I can just disregard your opinion as an emotional argument. Thanks.
Still, for sake of argument.

>pinchy fingers
Whole hand was curled, watch that shit again.
>out of character
>compared to "I find your lack of faith disturbing." and "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Wat
>I bet you took Jar Jar seriously
As seriously as one CAN take the obvious comedic relief character.