Blacks invented jazz, rock, blues and house

>blacks invented jazz, rock, blues and house

Is there any music genre that white people didnt steal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Magdalena_Bach#A_possible_composer.3F
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_house?wprov=sfla1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Magdalena_Bach#A_possible_composer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

White people stole country from other white people, does that count?

Celtic
Psychedelic
Classical
All genres with the prefix "post-" or "prog-"

power metal

Psychedelic still rock

Metal came from rock

And rock came with guitar.

Who invented the guitar? Black or white person?

The Chinks

everything came from the major scale which was discovred by whites.
sasuga

>subgenres don't exist
Do you think Neutral Milk Hotel is just rock?

psychedelic, post and prog genres wouldn't exist if blacks hadn't invented blues and rock in the first place. also a lot of prog takes inlfuence from jazz. I'll give you classical though.

a guitar isn't a genre

Moors modified an Arab design. Then the Spanish modified it to become the modern Spanish guitar.

Is this a new meme reply?

Blacks invented house music????

>sharing a board with retards like this

I would argue that the blues is really a great example of America as a melting pot. Black culture rubbed off on the crackers and vice versa. Western instruments and scales were implemented by enslaved and oppressed black people and they created new forms of music to describe this babylon in America.

That said, field labor in the south sucks, I'm surprised anybody had the energy to do shit without decent living conditions and AC.

Oh and black people are responsible for jazz and rock music singularly. Duh.

the same SJWs who claim Bach's wife wrote his music will claim Blacks invented pop music, and thay they are very sorry for the whole slavery thing

>psychedelic, post and prog genres wouldn't exist if blacks hadn't invented blues and rock in the first place
Blues wouldn't have existed if Whites hadn't enslaved blacks and forced them to play their instruments

Yes. See Frankie Knuckles

>Implying whites are anywhere close to blacks in terms of being able to program a drum machine. You've gotta be fucking kidding me if you think the 70s and 80s hip hop beats didn't set the world up for house music, which I'm glad is killing whites with its fake molly and dehydration. Kill whitey I got a big Bush 9/11.

>I would argue that the blues is really a great example of America as a melting pot.
This. It's a mix of negro spirituals and white folk music. Blues, gospel, folk and country are a mix of those two elements.

Rock music is a genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the 1950s, and developed into a range of different styles in the 1960s and later, particularly in the United Kingdom and the United States.[1][2] It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, itself heavily influenced by blues, rhythm and blues and country music.

>trusting jewpedia

Country music (frequently referred to as just country) is a genre of United States popular music that originated in the southern United States in the 1920s.[1] It takes its roots from the southeastern genre of United States, such as folk music (especially Appalachian folk music), and blues music

Blacks invented house tho

Appalachian music is the music of the region of Appalachia in the Eastern United States. It is derived from various European and African influences, including English ballads, Irish and Scottish traditional music (especially fiddle music), hymns, and African-American blues.

not really. you could argue that blues evolved out of slave spirituals, sure, but blues didn't become a genre definitively until like the 1930s, maybe 1920s? blues weren't a result of being "forced" to play, it was directly in opposition to what WAS forced on them. blues and early jazz was music born out of oppression. but it's not like white people just said "play some music". it was more along the lines of enslaved blacks simply inventing purely oral songs as they worked, and then when they had the freedom to use guitars and other instruments these songs evolved into the blues. so yes there is a connection but not quite what you are trying to say.

Blacks wouldn't have invented blues without European influences. There's a reason all these black genres come from America, not Africa.

Okay, Grove Encyclopedia is used by musicologist, universities and conservatories worldwide as standard.

Why not? You are free to change it if you disagree.
>but blues didn't become a genre definitively until like the 1930s, maybe 1920s? blues weren't a result of being "forced" to play, it was directly in opposition to what WAS forced on them
Which would not have happened had Whites not created the circumstances

Oh great, another Sup Forums thread, but disguised a little better this time.

yeah the location mattered, but what's your point? doesn't make it not a black genre

so you are arguing that because blacks created a genre in opposition to whites, it is actually a white genre? lol

>it is actually a white genre?
No, the Blues is a black genre.

But these are white genres and you can't change that no matter how much you want to dance around it.

I'm not saying those aren't white genres necessarily, I'm just saying that they were heavily influenced by black genres. especially psychedelic rock which had huge influence from Jimi Hendrix's innovative guitar playing. jazz drummers also had a big influence on a lot of white rock.

>the same SJWs who claim Bach's wife
The same SJWs who think they are anti-SJWs and will dismiss decades of research about Anna Magdalena. Mis-charactarise it as 'Bach's wife wrote all his works' and claim it is a view only held by political bloggers, just because it upsets their narrow world view.

We are all black, just some of us have shittier suntans.

Damn, did I just find somebody on Sup Forums that doesn't recklessly race-bait in every discussion? Isn't the etiquette for me to claim you're some russian kid in a warehouse trying to make the world a better place for money or something?

>I'm just saying that they were heavily influenced by black genres
With that same logic, black genres were heavily influenced by white genres and conditions. It's a slippery slope logic.
>especially psychedelic rock which had huge influence from Jimi Hendrix's innovative guitar playing
Oh Jimi Hendrix was in The Byrds? Try again
>jazz drummers also had a big influence on a lot of white rock.
Ringo Starr was a jazz drummer? WOW

>Is there any music genre that white people didnt steal?

Empty Formalism.

You're claiming that "post and prog genres wouldn't exist if blacks hadn't invented blues and rock in the first place", but blues and rock wouldn't exist without European folk music. Why is it only stealing when white people do it?

Metal came from blues you fucking mongol

EVERY
THING
COMES
FROM
BLACK
PEOPLE

Ginger Baker and John Bonham were very heavily influenced by Max Roach and and Buddy Rich

>black genres were heavily influenced by white genres and conditions.

and they probably were but we're not talking about that, we're talking about blues and jazz and rock and the genres that they influenced. also it's important to note that a social/cultural "condition" is not the same thing as a genre of music.

>Ringo Starr was a jazz drummer? WOW

lmao, there were tons of amazing jazz drummers who were waaay better than Ringo Starr. for example Art Blakey who was making incredible drumming music in the 50s.

>but blues and rock wouldn't exist without European folk music

why European specifically? folk music exists and has existed in like, every country in the world, I'm not sure why you'd think European folk music had the biggest influence on blues. in fact blues were very different than European folk music.

Electronic music

This is a b8 thread, but I just liked his post so I thought I'd expand on it. Most people that know about music history, especially in the US, know how much each cultures music influenced one another.

except literature & film which they're fucking awful at lmao

I can agreee that white people are second to catch on, but they ALWAYS improve and make it better. for example rap had been stagnate for a long time, but now that more and more white people are doing rap and trap, the genre is evolving and improving at rates unseen before. Like 20 years of black rap = 5 years white rap

People like Mo Tucker or Keith moon were not.

Nice cherry picking though
>and they probably were but we're not talking about that
Ah but you are. it's the logical conclusion form your argument.
>we're talking about blues and jazz and rock and the genres that they influenced
And then pretending that white genres (hillbilly music) didn't influence them as well. Nice double standard
>social/cultural "condition" is not the same thing as a genre of music.
Wrong. One could argue that music is the direct presentation of a culture. I'd suggest taking a ethnomusicology course at some point.
>waaay better
Not relevant

now you're just arguing semantics

>implying Blues isn't just the natural progression from traditional Folk music
>implying Rock didn't organically evolve through Folk via Blues
>implying Folk can be attributed to any particular ethnicity
>implying House is even worth giving a heck about, but also implying it isn't indebted to its electric and synthesiser forebears

Jazz is fair enough

Black people invented literature (Shakespeare and Goethe were both black) and movies you racist trumpkin.

It's literally your argument, not mine.
>Well, it wasn't *created* by, but it was influenced by!

you keep trying to equate social conditions with genres. that's what I'm trying to say is wrong.

Hip hop

>steal
You can't steal music. I hate this retarded "WE WUZ MUSICIANS! FUCK WHITEY!" bullshit. Some of the greatest rock music of all time was made by white people.

gee wizzikers i forgot! :0

Reminder
Black people can't steal music
They diversify it

Do you think music just magically happens? Do you think little music fairies sprinkle dust onto guitars?

reread my post here

See Rock was half Blues, half Hillbilly music. See this guy here You are using selective logic. Both blacks and whites influenced eachother.

bro do you really think she wrote all of Bach's music?

>Both blacks and whites influenced eachother

I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that blues, jazz, rock, funk, hip-hop, etc. ARE black genres, which you don't seem to get. you keep making the implication that because blacks were influenced by social conditions from whites, or because blacks weren't the inventors of some of the instruments they played (guitar was a Spanish invention btw), then the GENRES they invented aren't theirs, which is wrong.

>aren't theirs
Since when can people of a certain skin colour own art forms?

>ARE black genres, which you don't seem to get
Quote me where I said they weren't
>then the GENRES they invented aren't theirs, which is wrong.
No, this is YOUR argument. You said that because white prog bands were influenced by jazz, that it's actually a black genre, which is wrong.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Magdalena_Bach#A_possible_composer.3F

I'm not saying they "own" it.

Spanish people are white

No.

Everything worthwhile before slavery, not just in music but in literally every aspect of civilization.

I don't care much you faggots are b8ing, but Spanish people (not spics) are white.

Krautrock

It depends, are they from the North or South and yes there is a huge difference based on historical and social context.

Black metal. Invented entirely by white snowcoons. I don't give a shit about muh lineage to Robert Johnson or whatever. The genre much more closely resembles the traditional music of its respective countries than it does blues. If you're going to play that game, you could just say black people haven't made any new genres since 1970, since everything is derivative of RnB/funk/jazz after all.

Yes they did, gay blacks and latinos started the house music culture derived from disco

industrial music

Who gives a shit? nobody cared about race for like 50 years before you started segregating art you fucking racists. You're not on a good side of this argument if you really want to start talking about which race has achieved more.

Also a gentle reminder to everyone that there's more than two fucking races in the planet.

actually it was the french and the swedes

because the leap between progrock and rock is not comparable to the difference between rock and traditional european music

Power metal came from baroque music

/thread

damn asians stealing our shit and making it better

Basically. They took Western ideas and infused it with their sensibilities. And the end product is something very polished and innovative.

Don't forget punk.

>being this fucking ignorant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_house?wprov=sfla1

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Magdalena_Bach#A_possible_composer

>These claims have been dismissed by a virtually unanimous community of Bach scholars and performers.

>Writing in the Guardian, cellist Steven Isserlis said, "I’m afraid that his theory is pure rubbish," and continued, "How can anybody take this shoddy material seriously?"

From your own source. Retard.

prog is literally white people jazz fusion

I hope you're not implying Spanish people aren't White, you racist piece of shit

Death just never sold out, they didn't invent punk. Just a forgotten band that was part of the first wave of proto-punk

I believe the "stealing" refers to the fact that a lot of rock groups/musicians got their initial success (and fortune) covering old blues songs while the original artists languished in relative obscurity and poverty. It's more an indictment of the industry itself than the musicians, IMO. Sucks when you can't get your "race music" out to the public at large, then some British kid comes over 10 years later and gets the credit for it.

JUST
'MEMBA
DAT

They are white. But I was showing how the instrument came to be from it's arabic origins.

especially since they were all in their early 20's and all the original bluesmen at that time were in their 40-50s starving and broke af

that's what I'm saying

I thought you were disagreeing?

House would not exist if white people didn't invent Electronic.

>prog is literally white people
Thanks for agreeing with me

Whoops. Though you were providing a source for how she wrote the stuff. I am the retard.

The story behind this album is manufactured.

Explain.