What went wrong?

What went wrong?

chester did too much MDMA and thinks he's a 2004 dutch hardstyle producer

From passive-aggressive edginess to just passive edginess

IIIIIVE BECOME SO KEKED

He just grew up, unlike you faggots.

craaaaaaaaaaa

Like clockwork. I knew someone would say this.

growing up =/= pussying out

I love first two albums. Listen to them since 2003 and still enjoy. Lyrics is
obviously horrible, but i am russian and dont understand a single word.

Just shut up when we're talking to you.

The new song isn't mature, it's just bland.

Who cares? In the end, it doesn't even matter.

he was always a huge pussy lol

linking park were always a boyband, the reaction to their new stuff is bizarre. i can only assume it's because i'm actually old enough to remember how lame they were, whereas a good portion of modern day Sup Forums actually weren't alive when hybrid theory came out (fucking weird, huh)

seriously, the songs on linkin park's first 2 albums were so formulaic you'd have to be blind not to see that they were written by whatever hot pop producers of the day as the result of focus groups. it's literally just NSYNC songs with loud drop d riffs on the chorus and the dullest rapping ever. add to that the glossy production and suspiciously sudden major label interest (no actual rock band's debut album goes diamond, this just doesn't happen) and you have yourselves one stinking corporate stooge.

so yeah, getting mad about them 'selling out' to the latest production fad is not only wasted effort, it actually makes you look musically ignorant for thinking they ever had any integrity or credibility

Holy shit this. I liked Hybrid Theory and Meteora when they came out but by the time I was ten I realized it was pretty lame.

no one itt said they sold out
generally the criticism is more that it doesnt sound like anything they made before this
and man who cares about how (un)commercial something is, the only thing that matters is that they like it

seamlessly uniting state of the art pop and rap production with alt rock edge and universally personal lyrics isn't lame!

Linkin Park has always been edgy formulaic trash. Now that nu metal isn't as popular they don't have to cover up their sound with distortion.

Is this pasta?

Every time there's a thread about Linkin Park there's someone saying they were a manifactured boyband and almost every time I have to debunk them by saying that before Linkin Park they were known as Xero and that they didn't get big until they ditched their vocalist in favor of Chester Bennington and got one of the guys from Taproot to sign them up for a mainstream record label.

Shit band stays shit, this is not news retards