So? People should be allowed to not listen to what they don't want to

>"I only listen to FLAC"

Do you have friends?

>"I listen to everything"
>"well, except country and (C)rap music

Yes.

Do you?

What's wrong with this sentiment?

By "everything" they usually mean they listen to the top 40's and nothing else. Also there is a lot of good rap music, disregarding an entire genre because you've heard one song by little Wayne is stupid

Are you sure? Because people on steam does not count.

>what is reggaeton?

>Also there is a lot of good rap music,
Not really
>, disregarding an entire genre because you've heard one song by little Wayne is stupid
No, we disregard an entire genre because the genre itself is based on contrivance and catering to the least common denominator
Yep, I'm sure.

You didn't answer my question though.

>No, we disregard an entire genre because the genre itself is based on contrivance and catering to the least common denominator

WhereDoYouThinkYouAre.jpg

listening to music of the lowest common denominator isn't something to take any pride in my m8s

>Just listen to whatever you want. Who cares what others think.

/thread

>the genre itself is based on contrivance and catering to the least common denominator

and this is how we know you have barely listened to any hip-hop besides pop-rap.

>I don't only listen to Sup Forumscore and p4k approved music

Prove me wrong. Shoe me some rap songs with real instruments that have more than 13 chord changes and have Joycian abstract lyrics

>I'm ignorant
>Please spoon feed me

>you are wrong
>I can't tell you why, but just trust me, you're wrong!
No thanks

check out The Roots

they're a hip-hop group that uses live instrumentation (full band)

and if you want abstract lyrics, check out Aesop Rock, Kool Keith, and maybe some MF DOOM

>spoon feed me everything please

IM RIGHT!!!!

>check out The Roots
Do they have abstract lyrics and >13 chord changes?
>Aesop Rock
Does he have real instrumentation and >13 chord changes?
Not an argument.

They're not saying "I'M RIGHT!!!!", they're asking to be proven otherwise. Why not just provide some examples to counter their claim, rather than pretending they hold their belief not out of a failure on the part of others to refute their claims but out of blind stubbornness? Obviously you'll never be able to respond with exactly what they've asked to see, because what they've asked for is an unfairly loaded and specific request, but why not provide at least something that goes some way toward answering their question or contradicting their viewpoint?

You are the literal definition of a cuckold.

>this is what rap/countryfags actually think is an argument

Daily reminder that this is a board for music discussion.

Someone already provided examples, why don't you go and listen to it instead of shitposting on a japanese anime forum?

>They
>They're
>They've

What

>Someone already provided examples
That fulfilled all criteria? Nope
>why don't you go and listen to it instead of shitposting on a japanese anime forum?
I've already heard them. Your fallback retort "well you don't listen to the CORRECT artists!" really doesn't work as I've heard it all my whole life.

Face it, these two genres are the literal definition of "safe" music. Even artists who try to brake boundaries, don't really do that and try to do it in the safest way possible.

Not every good music needs the ambient background noise of an old washing machine or a mix of hebrew and korean lyrics

Oh were you implying we're the same person? Even if we were, the point stands so it doesn't really matter, change it to "I" if you'd rather.

Sure, but they would to not be an overly commercial and contrived genre that's really not worth any serious music listener's time

But have fun with your homies at the club, or fishin in the dark with boys.

>Music needs to have abstract lyrics and 13 chord changes in order to be good

You should look at some DOOM

There's four sides to every story

What instrument does he play?
See

Could you get off that high horse plox? I'm just trying to say that if you don't like rap music then that's fine, especially with good reasons. But you went a little unfair somewhere in this discussion when you made that overly specific request.

>instantreplies.jpg

>you are a fedora if you don't like somethign I like
>Could you get off that high horse plox?
Nice
>I'm just trying to say that if you don't like rap music then that's fine
That's not really what's going on. Read the thread.

Whats with your diction friend? The way you speak reminds me of a middle schooler who got a word a day calendar for their birthday.

Your listening to music, no one cares if you enjoy something that is considered "commercial" or "contrived". If rap music isn't your thing that's fine, different strokes for different folks.

And what is this thread about then? 'Cause all I'm seeing is the part where you said you didn't like rap music and asked for rap music with abstract lyrics and 13 chord changes, which is an odd request and is right.

Where did you find that fedora quote?

Also, what is going on then, because it seems to me that someone's just defending why they think rap isn't good.

You sound very unhappy about your life. Do you want to talk about it, user?

>The way you speak reminds me of a middle schooler who got a word a day calendar for their birthday.
How so?
>no one cares if you enjoy something that is considered "commercial" or "contrived"
Did you not read the thread?
See

I bet you like Kero Kero Bonito because your critics said it's good, "aesthetically pleasing", or whatever?

>Did you not read the thread
Okay, in your own words, try to sum up what this thread's main topic is as of right now.

>is as of right now.
Nice goalpost shifting

Strange argument happening

Thank you! I've had a lot of practice

How do you know you're not dead yourself already?

>Did you not read the thread?
I did, what the hell is this thread about

>Not liking a single song on this video
How's it even possible?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqeVq8sqtUY

>how can people not like boring, contrived basic pop???
Wow I just don't know

It seems even he doesn't even know

Read the thread

nigga i cant read

That would explain why you like country or rap.

>my music is better because they have more chords in
wew lad

>reading comprehension

Is this the thread where shitters come to justify their shit taste?

>of the lowest common denominator
>making music that has mass appeal is not impressive in any way
if you can't enjoy some areas of pop you might as well kill yourself

I straight up don't. I used to be familiar with what was popular in Rock, Back in the early 2000's, but I got so insulated as I got older that I fell our of the loop.

I try not to hold judgement over what's popular, but I hear it, and I just lose interest

You're a faggot.

>reading

I would recommend you do it

If you're impressed by anything you hear on the radio you're literally retarted

Wow, it's almost like music is subjective or something.

Joyce is reddit af but check out shabazz palace, eyedea and busdriver

>Joyce is reddit af
I'm sure your opinion is fantastic

>"I'm 16 and love music from the 80s, I wish my generation listened to stuff like this"

I'm not really a bad person. I just got caught up in memeing and I may be paying real life consequences for it.

Literally *tips fedora*: the post.

are you seriously still stressing?

I also used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me.

Yeah.

Everything on this board is though except for /classical/ and /trad/

So bad I sliced my finger on accident at work today thinking about it, looked down and I had sliced into my glove and it was soaked in blood. Have a deep gash on the tip of my left index finger right above the joint.

holy shit Brandon

nah it's the thread where poptimists call everyone that doesn't like top 40 a fedora

Popular music is everything except classical and traditional folk though.

Yeah, I work on a military base and some soldiers were walking by and just by good luck a soldier was walking with some of his medic gear and got my finger wrapped up. I was told it's bad, but not stitches or surgery bad. My whole hand was red and leaking blood everywhere over the sidewalk.

you need a serious break from here if you've fucking injured yourself at work over something that probably isn't real

>Joyce is reddit
holy shit this board is cancer.

An example of a good hit song that was released fairly recently
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

HIS BLOOD HAS BEEN LET
GOOD GOOD

show us the cut or you're fuckign lying

What happened to him?

seesee seeseeseeseeseeseecase and point. checkmate, losers.

bump

>2014
You're old news grandpa

Popular music is not confined to what gets airplay. I used to despise anything pop but I've come to realise that there is some beautiful in being succinct. Twee music for example is an attempt to capture a very sincere goodness in the most perfect pop format. Not for everyone, sure, but there is more to music than compositional complexity.

What is wrong with you? How can someone possibly take a bait thread this seriously?

Radio is bad, but they sometimes play some okay shit. To make such a sweeping statement shows what a closed minded hipster asshole you are

>muh hipster

swing and a miss my m8 i just don't indulge in shit standards

*YAWN*
Stick with your closed minded opinions and let the adults talk about more than just one thing, okay?

This is a good album by a very smart and talented artist :)

ay yo brandon do you still fuck Lauren bruh??

>Stick with your closed minded opinions
That's fine, stick with your closed minded music
>and let the adults talk about more than just one thing, okay?
Like posting memes?

>Not really
Rap has been the best genre for the past decade you fucking mong