DUDE NON-WHITE FEMALES MAKING DRAB INDIE ROCK, BNM LMAO

DUDE NON-WHITE FEMALES MAKING DRAB INDIE ROCK, BNM LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cRES6Af_Wyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>p4k after the conde nast buyout
can't believe ppl still take these niggas seriously

And what albums are you so pissy about not getting those scores?

Welcome to 2017

these two albums deserve a 6 at best and i'm being generous

p4k sucks it probably doesnt hurt that they arent white but they love drab indie rock so

Pitchfork is shit. That's been clear for some time now.

Even before then, they were on the downward spiral.

Yeah seriously. This shit is ridiculous at this point.

These albums are absolutely not noteworthy.

Unless you plan on filling your band with entirely women, forget about it and make electronica

The state Sup Forums has become, racism, sexism and bigotry and I'm being generous here.

People keep saying how uninteresting and derivative these albums are, what are some examples of artists they sound like? What're some comparable albums?

to be fair p4k has given bloated ratings for bland (white) indie artists in the past

And then when we point out some legitimate fuckery that pitchfork is guilty of, this guy comes along and says we're just being sexist

(You)

Every other generic indie rock band from the last 5 years that was never worth remembering

Welcome to Sup Forums, bud. This is not your safe space.

I think tumblr is more your cup of tea.

If anything I'm pointing out p4k are the racist bigoted ones rating music not based on the actual music

>saged for frogposting
You're one of those guys, huh?

Man, if you think Sup Forums is full of racism, sexism and bigotry then you're a little sheltered bitch. Sup Forums is one of the most liberal Sup Forums boards, if you want to see real racism, sexism and bigotry then go spend a few minutes on Sup Forums or a few seconds on Sup Forums.

p4k has always been payola hacks

a weirder and more alarming situation was that anthony fantano found himself under fire for saying the vagabon album was uninspired; that he wasn't allowed to think so or at the very least broadcast that opinion because it was made by a "woc in a predominantly white space" or some shit. i don't like the guy one bit but it's getting out of hand

Are you mad that a black woman dares to create, especially in the #SoWhite world of indie rock, is revolutionary. But the revolution lies not just in Tamko's mere existence in the scene, but in her artistic intervention there: Infinite Worlds is the most powerful meditation on the politics of space I've heard since Solange's A Seat At The Table.

Just go listen to 00s indie rock. Seriously, go pick some random 00s indie rock albums and you'll see that Vagabon and Jay Som aren't doing anything new.

I love this copypasta, it's hilarious.

Yes that's what's constantly claimed, but any names in particular?
Have either of you heard these two albums?

Sonny and the Sunsets

Same shit. And guess what? That shitty band never got BNM.

Cringe

Cringe

>every single music site is completely cucked

Pitchfork, Stereogum, Consequence of Sound, TinyMixTapes, etc. etc.

It really pisses me off. I used to discover a lot of good music from Pitchfork, BNMs from them mean nothing to me anymore and anytime I go to the site they're updating me on Drake, Frank Ocean, Kanye West or some other meme rap/nu-R&B that I don't give a fuck about

We need a music news site without hip-hop/R&B shoved down our throats, both genres have extensive coverage.

Kanye West/Drake etc is to the current era what Limp Bizkit and Creed were to the late 90s early 00s.

That shit should be left to Rolling Stone and NME imo.

The Quietus?

double cringe seriously. I know you are but what am I is toddler level shit. I think black people can make good albums in indie rock, rap, rnb jazz soul metal punk whatever and they deserved to get a light shone on it. But I agree with the fact that pitchfork is struggling for relevence and is just looking for clicks, something I would guess they've done since the start

>not liking frank ocean

omg rite. it's like not liking Hilary clinton or beyonce or MIGOS how can you be so out of touch baka

Is this bait?

No, obviously.

>liking faggot sade

Stereogum's comment section is the largest gathering of nu-males on the internet.

looks like you're a bit hung up on labels associated with listening to music, which sucks. frank ocean just makes cool songs

I listened to the Vagabond one and it just sounds like starbucks commercial music or something

To be fair, black or white, p4k has always liked shitty bland indie

Frank ocean is starting to become tame impala tier in all fairness

what does that mean?

i remember going on pitchfork for the first time and checking out that art brut album that got 8.9 BNM and thinking it was so shitty that i never trusted them since

>tame impala tier

spotted the muh popular music faggot

I think in the same way Tame Impala has been called "the instagram of rock bands" and the fans are seen as "dude weed & acid LMAO" is a similar trend we're seeing with frank ocean

lmfao

I was playing contrarian devil's avocado in this thread earlier but I actually listened to some of their music and it's as fucking trash, I apologise for being a contrarian.

>not realizing that was an insult

Frank ocean is objectively better than derivative tame impala

fans of almost every musical group around now are terrible if you generalize them, even mu darlings like grimes and grips

Dude nikes is so innovative I can't believe he actually chipmunked his voice. Audio production will never be the same again

This is such an odd headline

>picking probably the worst and only song he listened to
Cherry pick some more

what did they mean by that?

That white people suck

youtube.com/watch?v=cRES6Af_Wyg

Is this excellent indie rock. guys?

No I actually listened to Blonde all the way through a couple times. Frank Ocean is just painfully overrated, he's not bad though

This needs to become a meme.

Man, this is even blander than Vagabon.

Literally an Asian Mac Demarco with 0 soul and a bland monotone voice.

Am I the only one who thinks the WOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOOOOs sound really bad? Her delivery of them is so lifeless.

This is amazing, Sup Forums needs to leave this thread

This album will go down as one of the best of this decade and without a doubt a top 10 album of this year (at the very least)

Jay Som has made a classic album, we will be seeing Jay Som /generals/ for years to come, her releasing awesome singles after another.

Wow. This is so good. This is like REALLY fucking good. It's not even just like "alright", this honestly is among the best new music there is right now and I'm fucking loving it.

This is what we need in music again. It's indie rock. Yet it's bold, it's masterfully written and it's needed at this time.

I'm a Somhead at this point, I will be buying a vinyl, t-shirt and concert ticket whenever she comes around my area.

This is really good. I feel like I've been cheated by hearing people of colour create indie rock and forced to listen to the boring drivel of apathetic white boys from upper middle class families (see: Pavement, Dinosaur Jr.) and force myself to think it was better than it really was.

Thank you Jay Som and thank you Pitchfork for being brave enough to do thiss.

Nice

wtf I love Jay Som now

#SomSlob

Why are they falling for the indie meme in 2017 ?
Indie rock is dying of a slow but certain death since it became formulaic and boring a decade ago.
Beginning your career with a rehash of those same old ideas right now is suicidal, unless you wanna end up being played on mainstream radio by some miracle.
We need more stuff like Animal Collective, some innovative synthesis between the electronic and indie music of the past.

kek

They're not

90% of the shit on their year end list will be meme rap and nu-R&B

They're throwing in some awful indie rock done by people of color to be progressive

Truly the thinking man's Frances Quinlan

this is just a shittier hoops

>We need more stuff like Animal Collective
Pass

It's almost like all of those sites have always covered what was "cool" to cover, and your tastes just happen to not align with what's "cool" now.

The internet killed the distinction between the pop sphere and the indie sphere and consequently between the common person and the critic. So how about instead of complaining about how no one is there to spoon-feed you what you want, you go out and actually fucking look for it, maybe even somewhere outside of the internet, like you actually care.

That's a good indie rock. Can anyone reccomend me some similar indie rocks?

Have you always had such an inability to express yourself, or have you noticed it deteriorate since you started browsing Sup Forums?

Being called sexist or racist is pretty much a career death in leftist media nowadays
Giving a bad score is also being sexist/racist

It's good but not quite 8.6-worthy

Sorry, by "they", I meant Jay Som and Vagabon

I'm not saying everyone should sound like AC, but that there are many uncharted territories waiting to be explored with the technology of 2017.
It's cool that black women are making indie rock, but I was waiting for that five years ago when I just realized it was a very white middle-class thing by myself, not now in this shitty current political climate and after all the "The problematic whiteness of indie rock" pieces in journos. It just doesn't seem authentic now.
I understand that when you are a musician you just do what you want and can do the best, and maybe it's a bit hypocritical to complain about a lack of originality when it's some black women who are making indie rock and not the generic white male who dresses himself at American Apparel #63549. But when I see the first RYM review of Vagabon is mentioning Feist in a negative way, I'm just "ok, whatever, who is on the cover of The Wire this month".

cringe

Cringe.

Yes pitchfork is fucking stupid and you should stop giving a fuck about it, but at the same time who cares what the race of the person making the music is dumbass Sup Forumstards.

You fedora fatties need to be raided into oblivion since your guy brumf is done

Upvoted!

Is Sup Forums finally coming around to the fact that p4k and similar music sites are over.

They're dinosaurs, most of them don't even take new music submissions these days, it's all payola, and it's a good thing because they're walling themselves out of the changing music culture.

>assumes that anyone who notices pitchfork cucking indie white bands must be a trump supporter

not terrible at all, if Isaw this back in 2010 I wouldn't see the point in bringing up her race

Noticing things is racist, please just assume all intentions are good and pure.

>blaming the conde nast buyout
cant believe ppl still do this

it happened just year and a half ago or so
absolutely nothing changed since then
p4k was equally shit at least two years before that

>not terrible at all
>2010

There.

>unironironically uses the word "cucking"
yeah why would anyone assume that you are a trump supporter?

so what ? you can choose to ignore it.

This white people are abused crap is getting old, when white people have been abusing every other race for countless decades, instead of being progressive and saying yeah racism and sexism is backwards bullshit and we should just all get along already, you rather play victim based on stupid crap like a site that doesn’t give two shits about music any more and tries real hard to make a buck and be popular.

What is the difference between you and ISIS? protip nothing.

Seriously fuck these pitchfork niggas

>What is the difference between you and ISIS? protip nothing
Top kek

>p4k spends decades giving high ratings to bland indie tunes
>nobody cares
>p4k gives high ratings to bland indie tunes by brown people
>immediate outrage

>nobody cares
I cared

>you
>somebody

>making this white vs black
It's more just men vs women. Who wants to walk into a venue and see a band of four white guys anymore? Nobody. People only give a shit about new women fronted bands and you know it

:^(

Okay, replace "brown" with "female" in my post and it's still fucking terrible.

Liked Jay Soms release a lot, will check out Vagabond. I barely go to pitchfork these days but thanks to guys like you I can still get an idea of what they're liking

What the fuck does this even mean, stop speaking in memes and say your thoughts retard.

cringe

t. Jay Som

I wish I were an average looking Asian girl

Please though keep unintentionally shilling for pitchfork by posting about their views instead of talking about music or publications you actually like

Muh Whit Indie genocide spam will definitely take them down faster than just ignoring them and moving on to something better