What was before the big bang?

what was before the big bang?

nobody really knows.

funny thing about science. you can learn things with effort and time.

or you could just believe everything some sand Jew wrote 2000 years ago and give up on learning.

Supposedly something infinitely small and infinitely dense.

Physics suggests that time might not have even existed prior to the big bang. Or simply time wasn't a measurable or applicable concept pre-big bang.

Basically we don't know. But we have theories, many interesting theories that may be somewhat accurate or may be a bunch of bullshit.

A tranny thread

Still not sold on the concept, to be honest. That is to say, the universe might have a finite beginning, I just don't think the Big Bang model is it.

another big bang

Your faggotims!

What larks! As if time existed before subjecthood.

To be serious though we may as well forget anything planck era to t=0 until GR & QM are unified..

right, that Gay Radar and Quater Master stuff is interesting, care to elaborate?

This
an eternal cycle of big bangs, singularity, big bang, etc.
At least thats what i think

Well it is the big bang THEORY and therefore not an accepted fact, just a hypothesis that hasn't been yet disproven.

Unfortunately concepts like time are difficult to apply. I'll break down the ruling theories that support the big bang.

The universe is constantly expanding outward. Every observable object in the universe is moving further apart.

It's reasonable to assume that long ago things used to be closer together.

It's also reasonable to assume that long enough ago, all matter in the universe was condensed into a finite space.

So how did we get from all matter in a confined space to all matter expanding outward? Some sort of force.

That's the layman logic behind big bang theory.

cunnilingus

Well the concept of time wouldn't have existed since humans developed the concept, or at least measured/subjected it. But the phenomenon would have likely existed. At least immediately after the big bang if not before.

I'm versed, I just have doubts about the data is all.

D&D
>Dinner and Drinks
Badum Tss

get out

The previous Universe

You see OP, the energy used to create this universe caused it to expand to quickly to such an expansive level, that it has created tears in the fabric of reality in form of black holes. Year after year, more O, B, K and M class stars die and collapse into singularities.

As time goes by, reality begins to absorb itself, slowly collapsing back towards the center in a phenomenon known as the Big Crunch.

The resulting energy when it reaches critical mass is believed to result in another big bang, thus perpetuating the next universe

What data specifically? CBR? Hubble's law?

There's a lot of data, and while it doesn't necessarily point to a big bang, it does allow the theory to exist.

Michael Bay.

Prior to the Big Bang the universe was timeless in an infinitely condensed point?
An eternal stasis?
And then suddenly everything spontaneously organized itself?
This is jew trickery of the highest degree.

I agree with your speculation. I believe that the universe is greatly expanding and will eventually collapse. That time will "reverse" and everything and everyone will revert to the singularity and the big bang and it will repeat for all eternity.

It's an elegant explanation to the phenomenon. Besides, if the universe contracts into an infinitely dense finite space, wouldn't that collapse itself be enough to cause an outward explosion itself?

It's one supposition, but if you think god created everything as it exists then that's your belief to hold. Or if you have a more clear and refined understanding of the concept of the creation of the universe, then please enlighten us instead of just criticizing other submissions.

My big wang.

The small nothing. AKA my dick

It was just a joke man.
I don't know, it's just all so mysterious.
If we define time as the rate of change of a system, and that it has a beginning... then that means prior there was still a universe to speak of that did not change.
How does an entity that does not experience change come to first experience it?

CMB from WMAP seems like random noise and, honestly, could just be from local sources.

And I have my doubts that universal redshift exists. There seem to be many seemingly interacting objects with vastly different values.

I find that stretching myself to accept BBT (and it is a stretch, be honest) would allow me to accept that it's possible the Hubble's Law is wrong as well.

The little bang.

No such thing. Time didn't exist until the Big Bang, so there is no "before."

the big bang is a hoax perpetrated by the turkish government to cover up the armenian genocide

there was no time before he Big Bang. Time and space are interconnected as space-time, so there is no such thing as time if the universe is infinitely small.

Bazinga!

The big Foreplay

I don't think it means that prior to the big bang there was no change, it just means there is no way to measure it. Think about it, 13.8 billion years ago is when we suppose the big bang happened. The entire concept of going 14 billion years back in time isn't possible, if time didn't exist prior to 13.8bya then whatever was before, simply wasn't subject to "change" or "decay" or "entrophy", it simply was. Or wasn't. Its incredibly interesting to try and understand since we can't comprehend the absence of time or the absence of matter/existence since our lives are defined by those very principals. It eludes our understanding not because there is no explanation, but simply because we cannot fathom the very idea of a time before time.

a previous universe.

The collapse of the previous universe.

It's absolutely fair to have doubts about this and anything really, everyone does, and anyone who doesn't is ignorant.

You don't have to accept BBT but if there is no better concept that explains the creation of the universe to you then you should at least pick one you could potentially accept with sufficient evidence.

Nobody here is saying BBT is it and you have to agree, it's simply the most valid theory we have and we don't really have anything better to put up against it. That's all. You're actually in the exact frame of mind that most physicists and astrophysicists have in regard to these theories.

Time was probably reversed down to the beginning and started again. The big bang can't expand forever, I'll start to retract. Life will do over again when it reverses back to nothing, and explodes again. And again... And again.

And yet the scientific answer

>Or simply time wasn't a measurable or applicable concept pre-big bang

Is 100% in alignment with the biblical view.

And everyone will have to relive their life over again for all eternity.
An eternal recurrence.
Every doubt, regret, and success playing itself over and over again.
For no purpose other than it its own pre-determination.

Even if time didn't exist outside of the supposed "before", surely something had to be, there had to be some sort of prior state right? Do we truly get from absolutely nothing to a multitude of galaxies and solar systems and planets and life from nothing at all?
Well time would have existed when the universe was infinitely small, it's just before that where time would have been questionable.

The big bang and the big crunch, the two prevailing theories for our existence and our future. Well, aside from heat death, which simply may be a part of the big crunch. Heat death may occur billions of years before the big crunch, or who knows.

Imagine if the big crunch happens 900 trillion years in the future, that much time is impossible to understand, and it would take another 900 trillion years for the crunch to complete or bring us back to where we are today. Simply amazing.

The little bang....

AKA you're penis.

Why do you ask?

That's good. I was a physicist at one point but got burnt out on sucking up for grant money and getting my name on shit.

I'm going to be completely honest with you because fuck it. My current best guess is that the universe as we see it is just a computational array on a massive scale. The energy, the mass distribution, the forces...it just seems convenient for a large machine. I think it's ego mostly that dissuades humans from thinking like that though.

No one said there was "absolutely nothing." There was a singularity. But time is not a concept that applies to a singularity.

God

That's a common answer, that our existence is merely a simulation. Sort of like "Roy: A Life Well Lived".

It's just difficult to prove something like that, or disprove it, since it would require "exiting" that simulation.

Similar to your theory, I like the idea of solipsism, however impossible it is to prove. Mostly because I'm more into philosophy than physics, questions that can be answered without math or experimentation, but rather with logic and rationality, and a sound line of thinking and understanding. Solipsism is very clear in my opinion, and the fact that I can never truly understand how another persons mind works or what it is like to be another person, I can only know for sure that my perspective exists.

First there was a lot of alcohol.
Then they started playing games.
Some suggested naked dares.
Before you knew it,
they were doing the Big Bang.

A lot of cunnilingus

The question doesn't make sense. There was no "time". It's very hard for our primate brains to understand that time actually works differently in different places. And some places it doesn't work at all.