Tell me objectively what's wrong with this band

Tell me objectively what's wrong with this band.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jtsb47mpppM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're garbage

Adrenaline and Gore are the only meh albums they have released.

Not much except some angsty lyrics and Chino's vocals

>Sup Forums in a nutshell
Ok drone.

And Adrenaline isn't even meh, so that's a pretty good track record.

they're not horrible, it's good nu-metal, but that doesn't make it good music
not really my cup of tea but i wouldn't shit on someone for liking it

>angsty lyrics
While true, not necessarily bad.

I really like this song, I can tell these guys are really into shoegaze.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jtsb47mpppM

don't be fooled, Sup Forums loves deftones.

Hey man, just look up Shoegazing on Wikipedia and you'll see that all the bands Chino was influenced by were involved in that genre of music. They cite terms like "dream pop, trippy guitar effects, ambience and indistinguishable vocal melodies that blended into the creative noise of the guitars".

They're a band with a long fairly consistent career who have aged well, stayed modern and done some experimental parts that some consider are even their best work.

Even if it's not for you, they're a respectable band who don't seem to be in it just for the cash grab.

Abe is literally the only good musician in the band. Everyone else is just the top-tier of being mediocre at their respective instruments. And I say that as a loving, longtime fan.

Not counting Sergio because he has to play below his technical skill with these guys.

I agree, but if they were more technically proficient they wouldn't be Deftones.

Stephen Carpenter isn't technically skilled or anything, but he is definitely the most important member. His riffs make the songs and I love his use of effects and 7th chords.

they r gay

They r autistic

>adrenaline
>meh

dude what

The only good band to come out of the Nu Metal bullshit.

Theyve never released anything that wasn't good IMO.

Around the Fur is still amazing btw. That album completely eclipses any other metal album from that era.

i find their sound often grates on me for a full album, but they have a lot of great songs and they certainly carved out a unique sound

i guess also as a fan of Hum they are pretty indebted to that band and it's a shame that Hum never really got the success they deserved, but that's not a criticism of Deftones really (I think their sound stands apart from Hum's enough for it to not be plagiarism or anything)