Am I alone? Never seen another one from Luxembourg here

Am I alone? Never seen another one from Luxembourg here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ijXg3-d1Uo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg_Crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you French, Germans or both?

Im luxembourgish, and my nationality is luxembourgish. I speak luxembourgish, french, german and ofc english

I mean your ethnicity, your DNA

aspergerforum.se

im several generation s deep luxembourgish. afaik nobody in my family born after 1900 was not from luxembourg, prior to that i dont know. So in other words, i would say my dna is 95%+ luxembourgish

What is your favorite and lest favorite foreigner in lux

Rightful British clay

I imagine most Luxembourgers are rich fucks that have better things to do than sit on some mongolian noodle making forum

favorite: prob german
least favorite: sorry man, its probably france or potuguese. both these groups force you to speak french with them, as the y refuse to learn luxemburgish, and frech is an official language in luxembourg

There's a luxembourg regional from time to time

How rich are you?

the thing is, if everybody is rich, nobody is rich. As long as im in Luxembourg, im not really wealthy, m,ainly because the prices of living and goods are really high. Its a different story if i visit Germany or France etc. Als

I always thought my screen had poor ilumination when i saw your flag and pass it by any toothpaste, hows life there? You should tell ur friends about 4 chan so you have my compatriots here

im 20, in my bank accs are curently just a bit under 10.000€, altough i never worked in my life (except some student jobs)

life is nice here, you dont need to worry about anything. no crimes, high safety, and everybody knows everyone to some degree

lucky you, then again, when adjusted to cost of living, it might not be as much as it would be here

I have a friend from luxembourg. A very fun guy.

no definitely not. Im not wealthy in Luxembourg, probably middle class to upper middle class.

Altough i have some really rich friends, im talking about people with divorced parents were both parents have villas, and the friend of mine has 2 own cars, his family has prob over 8 cars

Nice! I also know a swedish girl that was in my school for one year

There's an autist that posts in /deutsch/ from time to time, unless that's you

At least you're not alone as a country with X in it's name.

Hello there X-bro.

nope, not me.
btw how yre you switzerland? just came back from vacation there last week

Gonna move there soon, I'll become your friend if you give me lifts to Germany to grocery shopping

Nice my fellow X-Bro, and you?

Are poles hated in luxie?

hello brother, thanks for the well paid jobs

Dude how do I even rent a place in Luxembourg. Pls rent me your cuckshed.

Well there you go, found one.
Same as usual, as always in Switzerland. The part about being rich across the border but not at home is true for me as well.
This is familiar as well

no not really, there are only a few here.

you're welcome my brother

i have no own place, i live with my parents, altough i have a small apartment in germany for studying. its pretty impossible to get a house here, the cheapest is probably 300-400.000 for an apartment, or 700.00 for a terrain with house. The average is over a million euros

to be honest, i feel like switzerland and luxembourg are kind of related, bot are expensive to live at and have alot of financial services. Altough switzerland has a way nicer landscape

yes hello i am coming to luxie are there any jobs? a lot ? thank you

Everytime I searched for Luxembourgians no one was here.

What languages do you need to "survive" in Louxemburg? Are German and Dutch enough?
Also, how is the housing situation?

Lmao at buying a house in Luxembourg. I have to rent a room of some sort in Luxembourg city, once I find a proper job i'll move to Germoney and commute.
Oh yeah, what's the drugs and prostitute situation in Lux?

another bad thing in luxembourg: as everybody knows everybody, its pretty impossible to get a job without somone recomending you/knowing you. Basically everyone my age i know only got jobs because they or their parents knew someone there. otherwise no chance

According to my knowledge French and German are enough, French by itself is good enough. Housing situation is apparently shit.

i will just take my company to Luxie no problem

Why are there so many Portuguese in Luxembourg? And how are they?

english is enough to survive, altough german would be better, and french the best. Nobody speaks dutch

As explained above, the housing situation is a nightmare, the houses are way to expensive, no young people can afford them.

a lot of people do that, thats why all the highways leading into luxembourg are full of traffic in the morning and the evening.
Prostitutes: i dont really know, probably expensive. they are legal.

Drugs: a lot of people smoke weed and drink, othe rthat that i dont know aynone who takes other drugs. 1g weed costs 15€ on the street.

correct and correcrt

you can do that, tons of firms have their adresses here.

some portuguese family comes here, they make some money, as they somehow speak all french. Every sumer they leave luxembourg for several months, and show their money to friends and family in portugal. They get envious and also come to luxembourg.

Most portugues in luxembourg only speak bad french, and work ass workers or cleaning staff. Most of them spend all their money on nice cars, and live in shitholes, because they have second homes in portugal and want to ipress the family with their cars

youtube.com/watch?v=3ijXg3-d1Uo

I wish I could translate this to you but I'm simply too lazy

whats the video about? I really dont understand it

war between finland and luxembourg

It's a full length movie

Top kek. How's the mudsline and negro infestation coming along in Lux? Or have the Portoguese taken the place of the third worders. I have never made racist jokes against the poortuguese, looking forward to it

no problem with muslimes here (yet)
People of colour only live in the south (everytnig below luxembourg city), which is a shiothole ( lots of french, and portuguese (and some reamining italians from the industrail age lol))

Surely you can buy shit in germany/france. It cant be that far lad

Salut kolleeg

thats what we do. altough most physical things have the same price, because luxembourg has low taxes. whats really cheaper in germany or france is food. probably half the price for the same things. In luxembourg the cheapest fast foods are still like 4-5€ for a little burger, and average restaurants are like 15-20€ for an avergae meal.proxy, oder bass de wirklech aus der heemecht?

nicee

Goddam. I'm just going to work and hardcore poorcell, then I'll go back to Italy and fucking retire. Don't they have the Euro menu in bloody McDonald?
Is Luxembourg city comfy? Or is it too "city" to be comfy?

never heard of euro menu, but if you meanthe same menues as the other eu states, then yes. mcdo is the cheapest place to eat in luxembourg.

Luxembourg city is really nice and comfy, by far my favoutite city. The only bad thing are tons of eastern european beggars which really suck.

Gebiertegen Escher , et ginn nach 2 aaner Borschten op desem subreddit , deen een enmerdeiert d Préisen an hieren /Gen/ an deen aaneren ass en portugies deen mettlerweil zu Aarel wunnt , awer fleissend letzeboieg schwetzt
E wonner dat mer éis nanet begeint hzun well ech vegeteieren mei oder manner all daag héi

Is it hard to get a job in Luxembourg?

depends , the thing is that you have to speak the 4 languages to get most non-construction site or cleaning personnel jobs

What language do you speak in Luxembourg besides German French and Luxembourgish?

ma ech sin en mierscher, mee henken awer baal dei ganzen zait nemmen an geigend dikrech rondrem. Ech sin zwar elo net sou oft hei, kommen eben heiernsdo heihin wann mer langweileg ass.

yes. A lot if foreigners want a job here, so you need a good education to get a decent one, because of all the competition.

Altough it also works if you know someone or you parents for example are firends with them, then you get whichever job you want without any qualitifcations lol

sometimes english

English , some employers might ask you to write yout CV in english to prove your competence

I know English and some German. I'm down to learn more languages too. I'm aiming to study to become an engineer in the future

they did spend a couple of billions on building a whole new university in the south , but I believe that the lectures are being held mostly in french

Can you send me a qt Luxembourgish gf please

if you manage to get an engineering job in luxembourg, be preapred for some nice salary! But you probably need to speak french, german and english.

mengs de uni.lu? ech hun mer schon iwerluecht dohiner ze goen, wat hells du vun der?

I'm going to study in sweden and maybe work some years in luxembourg

That sounds great, might end up working there

>But you probably need to speak french, german and english.
Isn't Luxembourgish used as much in work?

I can send you a small portuguese woman with a moustache if you want
am moment zmndst ass et nachemmer en halwen chantier , haat mer eigtl och iwerluecht dohin ze goen ech vertrauen dem staat mol dass et vllt deskeier klappt

How is life in rural Luxembourg?

It is used to talk to your colleagues and customers but let's say official work documents should be filled out in french because Luxembourgish is missing some of the more technical terms

I once read an article from a 1921 issue of national geographic about Luxembourg. Interesting read

jop, obwuel ech nawell puer kollegen hun dei lo do sin, an dei fannen et awer net sou schlecht.

i live in "rural" luxembourg... basically theres no rural luxembourg, as even the most remote village is barely 5 minutes away from the next village, and at most 1 hour drive away from the capital.

I for example live in a small village, but i am in 15 min in the center of the capital via train

Is it comfy?

Wellenstein Echternach WIltz and the rest of non-minett Luxembourg are top tier comfyness though

Too crowded for me to live there

well my home is comfy, as the nature is nice and cold around now, and i have some nice fireplaces. All in all its nice being able to live somewhere that looks rural, yet you still are not disconnected from the world

There's a luxemburger who posts in /eire/, he's an actual luxemburger also.

I might as well look for houses to rent wherever you live, if it is a 15 minutes drive. I bet there are no houses for rent in dem villages

ist cheaper the further away you go from the main city, but thats probably obvious. But also in the rural villages, the terrain is expensive. The only cheap houses (for luxembourgish conditions) are in the far north, but you dont want to live there ( the people are kind of rednecks, and you need to drive a lot (up to 1 hour) to get anywhere. If you want to live cheap, buy a house in DE, FR or BE on the luxembourgish border, and travel everaday to luxembourg for work, a lot of people do that

What do you think about nuclear energy?

REMOVE CATTENOM REEEEEEEEEE

Non :^)

Why didn't Luxembourg join other German states/principalities/etc when they unified?

What do you think of the french elections

because Luxembourg was part of the Netherlands back then

What do you (Luxembourger in general) think of Germans? Where do you see the main difference considering the mentality?

I've been to Luxembourg city. A really nice place. Very friendly people.

I personally like the germans, and i feel closer to them than the french. I just really dont like how rural and urban germany looks, i really prefer france or luxemburg in this scenario

And I will always regret you left.

France should leave Schengen and close their borders and let thionvillefags starve
Difference in terms of mentality?
I guess you can spot the difference if you look at the national mottos of the country
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sinn
How come that you feel so close to the Germans ? I find that we are fairly close to the Flemish/Dutch (except for languages of course)

Why aren't you now? Besides being a tax haven, having a coast and a population surely is better for everyone?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg_Crisis

I personally like the germans more than the other foreign nationalities. They often seem relax, and you can see that they try to understand the luxemburgish language. Where as the french are often arrogant and want us to speak french to them.

I personally know not many flemish/dutch people

>thionvillefags

What does this mean

Don't know many Dutch myself but in terms of history , The BeNeLux treaty and that we are all part of the lowlands , I find that they are a tad closer to us than the Germans are , the only differences are the language and the religion

I guess he meant the tons of french people living in thionville, which is on the border to luxembourg, and working in luxembourg, because they earn much more money here. They cause traffic jams and higher unemployment for us

Well you certainly dodged a bullet there when the Belgians refused to cooperate.

Wasn't Le Pen a coalburner?

>Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sinn
I like it

Ok

>I speak luxembourgish, french, german and ofc english
Are you fluent in all of them?
If you are I'm envious

You're lucky to get the opportunity to learn at least two languages, try being born in burgerland and never needing to or being able to be a polyglot.

Lucky cunt