M-M-MARTHAAAA

>M-M-MARTHAAAA

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT FUCKING NAME!!!

>M-M-MARTHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drI8C194-mw
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVvrmLSTsg
youtube.com/watch?v=gYMBwqtMht0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Loved that escene, but i wanted batman to take off his helmet and sperg a little more

Literally the worst scene in all of capeshit

See this is the problem. Folks like OP have no understanding of comic book characters and thus we have shit like this thread. Batman is a psycho authoritarian autist who dresses up like a BAT at NIGHT and beats the living shit out of criminals because he was traumatized by his parents getting got. He is a genius violent man-child who spergs out at the slightest reference to his parents because thats his character. Its why he does what he does. Therefore, it makes sense for Bruce to lose his shit when someone mentions his MOTHERS NAME. There are moments like this in the comics and his parents are the only thing that has made Bruce cry (that flashpoint letter).

Now I recognize that this is a comic book movie that was supposed to appeal to everyone but it really was a comic reader's movie. I loved it because I was familiar with the source material. If I had no understanding of the Bat or Supes, I could see why it gets so much criticism. But, the fact remains that there are uninformed morons who have no idea about these characters. So we get threads like this. Dont watch the movie if you dont like it or capeshit. In fact, you can also go fuck yourself.

Nobody cares about the comics nerd

>spending all this time writing this

>M-M-MARTHAAAA
He said "must save Martha"
He was telling Batman to do it if he had to kill him.
>i wanted batman to take off his helmet
I thought it was funny that if Superman hadn't torn a hole in it Batman wouldn't have been able to look down at him.

>nobody knows about comic book lore

That's not a bad thing, if you write the story so that only comic book fags know about it than you failed as a writer. That's like writing LotR in a way that only those who read the book would like or understand the movie

>I loved it because I was familiar with the source material.

so you know that batman has a blatant no kill rule? And you know that Lex Luthor is a calm, cool, and collected business man rather than an autistic fuckboi spaz? And you know that Doomsday is suppose to have big ass threatening spikes every where instead of barnacles?

I'm familiar with the source material too, and as a DC fan I'm fucking insulted by this movie

Agreed

>you need supplemental material to get the character motivations in the movie
>the movie is good

pick one

To each his own m8. And youre on Sup Forums, nerd. Either way, we both lose idiot.

>implying that the purpose of that scene was not to tastefully show the audience that batman now sees superman as a man with a family and not some alien invader

youtube.com/watch?v=drI8C194-mw
M-mm-ma-mama-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma--
MARTHA

>Suffice to say, there’s was always more depth and subtext to the “Martha” moment than the complaints are willing to admit or recognize, and those complaints are still too simplistic and shallow a perception of what is, in fact, a complicated convergence of character arcs and narratives.Itconfuses and shocks Batman, and then the revelation of what’s really being said shifts his perceptions to the point he now sees himself clearly for the first time in years. A singular moment, a revelation that turns a character’s understanding and relationships on their head in a split second,is not a new concept, nor is this the first or most extreme example of such a thing in cinema.

>It’s undeniable that there is much more happening in that scene, and in the context of Batman’s character through time, than the memes and jokes recognize — and yes, often the jokes intentionally overstate things for humorous effect, but I’ve seen the exact same points made in supposedly serious, deeper critical analysis of the film. So I remain perplexed by the stubborn refusal to consider and acknowledge that complexity. I bring that up only because I notice even a lot of the positive reassessments still point to the “Martha” moment as a major problem in the storytelling when it’s among the finer elements in the film’s characterizations.

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225

That would've been accomplished more if Clark refered to his mom as "my mom" like everyone else in existence, and then batman would've have an embarrassing melt down and just realized that he fucked up.

>supplementary material enhances viewing experience for those who know it
>mad because the movie didn't cater to you

Yes, yes, and yes.

They took liberties with the source material so that it wasn't the same story reproduced from a comic book. Then again, the Bat-killing did piss me off.

Prior knowledge of the source material isnt what makes the movie good. Prior knowledge of source material is what prevents dumb ass threads like this. Besides, its not that difficult to understand that Batman is a psycho autist that goes full retard at any mention of his parents. He dresses up like a goddamn bat because of them for fucks sake. So, it makes sense that if some dude mentions his mom's name, he'd mentally shit himself.

There were problems with the film, but the martha scene was not one of them. If anything, it was Bat-killing and Doomsday. (Jew lex was actually bretty gud)

>That would've been accomplished more if Clark refered to his mom as "my mom" like everyone else in existence, and then batman would've have an embarrassing melt down and just realized that he fucked up.

Good thing Lois came by 5 seconds later to do exactly that.

>it's another DCuck writes an essay to seem smart episode

ow my feelings

Why couldn't they just have Superman utter his last words as "Please... save my mother." and then go from there with Batman backing off once he realizes that an "alien menace" like Superman cares more about his mother than his own life? Fucking hacks.

So you started this thread to defend one particular scene in the entire film which you admit had problems and was bad

I guess it's a start but damn dude you're fucking sad, how empty is your life?

>Why didn't the movie cater exclusive to me?
>Why can't I be spoonfed like in a Marvel movie?

>Batman is this very smart detective badass
>wants to fight Superman to the death
>says he needs to be put down because he's dangerous
>almost has him
>stops at the mention of a name
>Martha, which is pretty common
>didn't think Superman figured out his identity and wanted to stall
>didn't just fucking end him right there
>regardless, stops because his MOM had the same fucking name as Supermans

You can't make this shit up.
I'm a huge fan of Batman, Superman and DC but I felt literally offended watching this entire blunder of a movie.

>it thinks the Martha spaz out was a good choice
>not allowed to suggest something else

DCuckolds everyone

You don't need to have read the comics you fucking adhd riddled marvelcucks. His father's last word was "Martha". You should know from both the movie and general popcultural osmosis that Batman's parents are the most important thing in the world to him.

>getting this triggered

Never said it was bad m8. Had a few problems, sure, but so do most movies. It doesnt need to be perfect to be good.

Also, you ok champ?

>memeing

So original and incredibly wrong.

Every comic book movie takes liberties, but usually the shit ones are the ones that take it too fucking far.

I.E. Xmen origins, avengers 2, catwoman, Green Lantern, etc

in this regard, lex is what pisses me off the most. And it really sucks cause a lot of his dialogue is written wonderfully, it's just that Eisenburg ruins them with his autistic delivery. Shoulda just cast Clancy brown.

>It's okay when anyone else does it

4:45
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVvrmLSTsg

youtube.com/watch?v=gYMBwqtMht0

Ok, clancy brown would have been fucking phenomenal, but itd never happen. Lets keep it realistic here.

I don't think they took it too far though (cept the killing). They explain why the characters are the way they are.

>the movie has problems guys but that doesn't mean it's a bad movie
>I messed up the ingredients and cooking time but that doesn't make it a bad pie
>my girlfriend has problems but that doesn't make her a bad girlfriend
>my dog has problems but that doesn't make him a bad dog

You DC fags are some sad fucks

My problem with this scene is not Batman's reaction but Superman calling his mother by name. That waw ridiculous and contrived.
Saying mom would have the same effect.

>its not perfect, so its objectively bad
>must resort to ad hominem attacks

user...I...

I know it's minor but doomsday also pisses me off cause it would've been so easy. Virtually nothing would've been changed. And his design is the only cool thing about him.

I think this is the scene that ruined it for me

>wait, they are friends now because their moms had the same name?..

Yep, it was forced as fuck. He's literally never said his mothers name until that moment. And there's no way a country guy raised like he was would EVER call his mother by name

Pretty bad writing, it's like they don't even know the character

I wonder what would have happened if Superman had calmly explained to Batman that he was bring manipulated into fighting him, while using his power of flight to avoid Batman's attacks. Gee I guess we will never know because this film was made by and for idiots.

Mandated stupidity from the characters to move the plot along is very bad writing

And let's not forget that by having lex kidnap clark's mom render's batman and superman's disagreements and argument irrelevant to thier fight.

ironically it's the best capeshit scene

MARTHA?

>anons were so BTFO that they didnt even reply
top kek

>tastefully
>a man screaming his mother's name as if he's taking the hardest shit in his life

Nah.

>movie, not a pie
>movie, not a gf
>movie, not a bad dog

Movie.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIEEEEEEEE

i just want to point out that you dont know shit and that no one here should accept your statements on the comics because you are a retard

>this bullshit that im saying is true because i said you dont know the comics
>so believe these lies im saying about this character whos personality is always changing over the years but has never actually been as shit as i said it is
fuck off bitchboy. go spread chaos somewhere else

in this movie and this movie alone, it probably makes sense that bruce is a sperg. he has very very clear issues and mental problems. dont drag the already muddy comic batman through the mud just to bring him down to the level of movie bat. movie was shit, his character was shit and also the best and most explained one with the best motivations

DC cucks are finally finished. It's over

Then what's even the fucking point? Wouln't you think it will be best and more natural if LOIS said "His mother Martha!!" 5 seconds after Supe said "My mom"?

I loved that scene. I love autistic batman

>Batman kills humans all the time
>Spare Superman's life because he realizes he's human too

What did he mean by this?

>This food is poisoned but that doesn't mean it's bad food

> this man wants to kill everyone who doesn't follow his religion but that doesn't make him a bad person

Literal retardation.

Batman's attitude is supposed to be a genius level detective. He may have started out spergy like
>Batman Begins,
then matured like
>Batman The Animated series
coming full circle as a ragged old man enduring all this
>Batman V superman

Honestly wonder woman and the weird sub plot of introducing the Flash and shit just ruined it for me.

That was the only flaw of this film.

>Expect to make 1.5 billion only from people who read the comics
That's a new level of stupid.

But Batman beats the shit out of people with families all the time.

Nope. This was

anyone who has ever read a decent batman comic (like hush, arkham asylum, TDKR, etc) knows that the martha moment is perfectly in line with his character.

a psychologist at arkham gives batman a word association test in arkham asylum and batman gets triggered and yells at the psychologist to stop because all he can think about is his parents being murdered.

'Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.

What moron WOULDN'T figure out how to take down the Justice League?
They get mind controlled every other sunday, and they are absurdly powerful. Seems like a good idea to me.

fuckin' GOAT

is this pasta or autism? im to jaded to be able to tell anymore

There's no way this board is this fucking retarded. It blows my mind, it must be bait it has to be. You cannot tell me that you don't understand that superman was basically giving instructions because he expected to die. Not only that but he uses the word "save" and says "you're letting him.."
Did you watch the fucking movie, did you see the note that says "you let your parents die" and how it flipped batman out. Does the combination of words involving his mother's name and directions to save said person have no meaning to him despite a fucking newspaper freaking him out??? Jesus fuck off and eat shit from your Walmart wine glass somewhere else. Movie elitists that can't even understand a simple movie

fucking kek

keep posting pls.

I'm convinced that most people who repeatedly shit on this scene have only done one or more of the following:

>only watched this scene on youtube
>have never watched the movie
>never want to see the movie
>have watched the movie half-asleep
>watched it "ironically" or whatever millenial shit

Like the reasons for disliking this scene, all of them, are always so dumb.

Qek has abandoned you. You have been deemed unworthy

Batman already acknowledges that Superman has parents right before he swings him around. That would have done nothing.

Mentioning a human name, especially one that Batman is emotionally connected with, helped give him pause.

He was telling Batman to do it if he had to kill him.
Yes, because there is only ONE Martha in the whole world for the saving

>Not realizing it symbolizes man staring at God and seeing a reflection of himself

Lord Snyder, we don't deserve his talents

see?

imagine batman backing up like 3 steps and then bending his entire upper body down to look at him and then say that line

This.

MCucks are just too stupid to realize. They need everything explained to them.

MMMMMMMAARTHA

>Batman already acknowledges that Superman has parents
How?He's an alien.No one knows if he actually has parents or if he was born in a way that humans are born.

Honestly, the only people Batman killed in this movie were straight-up terrorists. It was like that in Batman Begins, too.

Considering Batman kept making quips about Superman's parents during the fight, I'm not sure why him having a mother would suddenly be so shocking.

What do you mean how? Did you even see the movie? He says something along the lines of "Your parents probably told you that you're here for a reason".

>takes off his helmet
>Superman was just faking it
>breaks Bruce neck general Zod style

He tried, the problem is that Superman was under the idea there was nothing batman could do to harm him so he would get his chance, he sow batman on a shitty armor and thought some small hits to the armor would do the trick and force batman to listen. From the first Kryptonite attack onwards he was fighting for his life.

I actually liked the fight but your complain was adressed in the movie, the problem is that there's no room to breath so for most people is fair to "not get that",

Maybe that he realised that he genuinely cared about them and wasn't just using them as a cover.

And that's the point "save my mom" means save the giant larva creature that gave birth to me" or "save the alien god" it doesnt make sense, save martha means save a civillian that is at risk.

Doesn't Snyder know you never go full retard?

Worst scene ever

>has no idea what a quip is

Why would he assume that?

why did superman refer to his mother by first name like an autist?

zack snyder is a fucking hack

yes retard, his ALIEN parents. not a human parent on earth

teared up during that scene, it's funny that people get so triggered by it.

literally
Fucking idiot

I just thought it stupid that superman called his mom Martha. No one would refer to their mom as their first name to a stranger.

The realistic thought process which would be humanizing is to say mother but I guess supes read the script so that this contrived ending could work in time for the team up.

I heard they explained it in the ultimate cut but that still doesn't excuse the theatrical one.

I don't know why you're insulting me. Follow the conversation.

Why would you tell someone that is killing you to save YOUR MOM, Clark is asking him to SAVE A CIVILLIAN in DANGER calledn martha kent.

i can't understand how you can't sit for 10 seconds and think about it instead of thinking is a mistake. As far as Batman knows his mom is an alien, and as far as Superman knows Batman would save a civillian but not if he thinks it's ralated to you.

>people blame Snyder for this, instead of Goyer

are you retarded

goyer's involvement in this movie was all but wiped clean save for some basic scenarios

I love how the critics, ''critics'' and memesters pretend like ''Martha'' is the only thing Superman said. People completely disregard everything else.

Wrong, they were private contractors. Protecting the Kryptonite was very legal,it was Lex's property.
>Hush
>Decent

Even Snyder agrees it was half assed

>all these threads where OP keeps getting BTFO
lmao

shit flick