ITT: Overrated Games

ITT: Overrated Games

Every fucking kid swears this game is the best. Its a boring over hyped pile of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jlMWSAcQce4
youtube.com/watch?v=zip3u016uXE
youtube.com/watch?v=sLpjPht5mvg
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjXhvSMyJvRAhVo7YMKHfk8De0QtwIIHDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0&usg=AFQjCNFb1wr6wkkHG_RdD12icL8F6D49ZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who personally told you it was such a good game?

Your cunt mother

I think its one of those "you had to be there" kinda things. I was a teen when this game came out. I would get stoned and play it for hours. It was fucking magical. Playing it now, its kind of a shit game. People know this, theyre just looking at with rose-colored glasses.

The fact that you dont like it tells me youre probably underage.

Boring by today's standards maybe, but Ocarina of Time was fucking amazing when it first came out. I still never beat it

This. You missed the boat, kiddo.

Lmfao.
Case closed.

Nah bro when this trash came out I was playing Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil Directors Cut.... Grown up games.

I'm playing it right now (on the 3DS) and while flawed, it's still a pretty badass game. Maybe it's not the masterpiece we thought it was, but it's nowhere near a shit game for fucking sure.

This is now an Ocarina of Time thread.

The fucking music alone was god tier
youtu.be/jlMWSAcQce4

What made the game seem so good at the time is that no one was shoving "GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME" down my throat. I picked it up because Zelda and 3D and it looked kinda cool from what I saw. I bought it like any other game. But playing it, it felt more full, deep and just fulfilling than any other game I bought just like it. That's what made it my favorite. It was unexpectedly great. Half the magic was the surprise of "oh shit this is really fun/cool"

But if everyone tells you that already, I can see why it feels mediocre. But if you go into ANYTHING with the mindset of "everyone says it's the best thing ever, so I'm gonna play/listen/watch it and it better be fucking good" then you'll always be let down.

The fact that youre trying to out-bro people on the internet over a fucking game is embarrassing. Hows about you just let people enjoy things and grow the fuck up

ain't even trollin, i dont get why people like this game so much. It's just boring after while. I legitimately have logged more hours on fucking Battleborn, and we all know how THAT is.

Born in 1984, was prime age to play this, and got it pre-sale Gold cartridge the day it came out.

Wasn't great. Good game, did an excellent job moving the targeting and 3d playability forward from Mario64, but didn't give anything particularly new. Inferior to previous JRPGs in terms of a playable story, and inferior to Mario64 in terms of sheer fun-to-play factor.
7/10

how have you not beat it? it's not like FF7 with an hour+ long final boss or something, everything's pretty self explanatory unless you just got stuck on a puzzle

Agreed

Well I was 9, and it was perfect

Hypnotic and pleasant

youtube.com/watch?v=zip3u016uXE

>Skyrim
Debate me faggots

I thought it was so-so for awhile, was about to give up on it until I found a character I was really exceptional at. I still don't play competitive, but I do quick play all the time. It's a really well-balanced game.

get the fuck outta here and never come back you faggot

I would rather play either Morrowind and Oblivion. I agree Skyrim was very meh.

You're a minority here, deal with it.

>judging an almost 20 year old game with the standards of today
OoT was revolutionary for its time, it just nailed everything right.

You could say the same about GTA III and Vice City, of course those games are going to look like complete shit when you have GTA 5 and compare them now. As an user said, you had to be there.

check'd and I tend to agree, Skyrim was not worth the hype...at all...

this. But it's probably not about age persay here.

Back when the wii was out and I was a preteen (12-13) I found Ocarina of Time through the Smash Bros Brawl demo, and knew nothing else about it. I wasn't internet-savvy at the time or heard about what games were "must-plays" or whatever. I bought it off of the Wii Shop and played it... like 4 times. It just felt so solid and the exploration was better than anything I'd ever played at the time. I could go on and on about the game itself, but what I'm getting at is even in semi-modern times, the game held up. But it's still a "had to be there" as in jumping in without knowing what to expect.

>Also, I'm ready for the "underage" replies, but I'm actually 19. You now must feel really old.

Dumbass nigger doesn't know what good video game music sounds like.

youtube.com/watch?v=sLpjPht5mvg

Best halo game though, is a bit overrated.

>le violence
>le bloody blood blood
>le shooting le zombie
>le tactical espionage
>le bad words in le shitty dialogue
>le "M" rating, i am kool xDDDDDD
>le mom is asleeped, time for play le violent vidya gaem XDDDDD

if you're not being ironic, then you're are a faggot

if you're trolling, 6/10 for semi-triggering me

It's well balanced and plays well, don't get me wrong. I just can't play it for more than an hour at a time. It almost feels like work just to play it

Majora mask is better imo.

I don't know dude, following your line of thought comparing the modern titles of the series, like GTA 3 with GTA 5, OoT really still holds up better than the newer Zelda entries, with exceptions for Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. (Some people would say Twilight Princess, but that one's kinda teeter-tottering)

Cringe.

HERPDERP SPEND 800HRS FINDING EVERY SKULLTULLA- ZOMG, I CAN HAVE 1000 RUPEES NOW!

ITT: Dreams of every young hadji

>Fuckin Uber-Bait.

So, they made shit games after OOT. Doesn't make OOT good. I mean, fuck, it's still inferior to its predecessor LTTP.

That just means the new Zelda games lack innovation, which they do. It's the same shit, just new graphics.

oot IS a great game

I have actually been playing the emulator on my phone lately. Its fairly challenging using a touch screen. I just got to phantom gannon in the forest temple. Still great.

ok Arin

all these faggots are gonna keep biting too.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjXhvSMyJvRAhVo7YMKHfk8De0QtwIIHDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0&usg=AFQjCNFb1wr6wkkHG_RdD12icL8F6D49ZQ

Do as you please