In retrospect he was a good guy right?

In retrospect he was a good guy right?

Also what the fuck was that ending? Good movie but it went over the top in like 10 minutes compared to the slow and tense movie before it.

too insecure to make a half life movie so they just rip off designs

same with Neil Blonkampf and halo

You could say he was a

Good man.

Heard that in the original script they went out and see the aliens, credit roll.
Hollywood being hollywood would have put pressure for action scenes.

how so

I fucking knew it.

Fuck JJ Abrams for ruining an otherwise decent thriller with his bullshit. Where there early screenings or shit?

>they went out and see the aliens, credit roll.

That's terrible though. If the movie ended like that, I'd just feel the movie just played with me. That's like an ending to a Twilight Zone episode, from that crappy remake series to be more specific.

Why?
Whole movie puts you under the idea that goodman isn't such a goodman and you end up seeing he was right. That's a pretty neat ending if you ask me. I don't see how having the wimin fighting the aliums adds anything to the movie.

that said I can't quote it and I have no sources, I've just heard on youtube somewhere, probably the RLM review.

Pure kino.

I think an over the top alien fight is dumb, but it can have a more graceful ending except "lol aliens cut to black".

Also Goodman was paranoid and violent. Seeing him as the secret hero of the film is absurd.

I wanted the girl to question the timing of the events leading up to her waking up in the bunker.

Goodman was already rushing to the bunker and crashed into a girl who he took with him.

The other who knew of the bunker raced there as soon as he saw aliens. But when he arrived Goodman and the girl were already inside post crash and rescue.

Again why? It would be interesting as it would still tie into the Cloverfield universe.

And just because Goodman was right doesn't make him a hero with how paranoid and oppressive he was. Which would have been interesting.

He's not secret hero, the fact he's right doesn't write out he's a killer.

>implying you're being paranoid when in the end you're right about everything
He had daughter issues but everything you say he was paranoid about he was right about.

>the aliens were real
>they were planning to take his weapon from him

They're not of the same universe actually. The name Cloverfield was shoehorned last minute for marketing purpose and even then it was not an attempt to link both universes, it was just downright trying to bank on the name alone.

No he just ended up being correct. Doesn't change his murderous, violent mania. I'm a pleb for enjoying the ending but I agree with most critics in that I think it could have been done without the over the top alien action sequence.

I said, it'll just feel cheap, like the movies playing at you and saying, "haha what a twist!" It's the same reason I hate the ending to The Mist. Just imagining it in the theater I can hear the groans from the audience. I can imagine the closing music to Curb Your Enthusiasm playing over it. I think a movie deserves a little more closure than that.

Brilliant fucking movie.

He was not a good guy.
He was an evil person. It was neat having an apocalyptic premise, but not focusing so much on that, but just the inherent evil nature of humans regardless of what may be happening within the world.

I liked the ending too, the entire time we're led to question everything Goodman is saying, as the film makes him out to be a crazily unstable tinfoil rapist, but while he was extremely manipulative and facetious, the fact that it turned out his theory of an alien invasion was correct was pretty neat.

DUDE HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS LMAO

Hackneyed theme desu senpai

Why didn't they explain more about what happened to the other girl? It built up a mystery around that then suddenly dropped it without really explaining anything. I know she wasn't his daughter and was another girl kidnapped but they could have presented it better.

Did you not watch the movie? He was raping her, eventually murdered her, and likely dissolved her body in the acid he had stored.
It was all very clearly implied.
Do you need everything spelled out for you when you watch a movie?

>I know she wasn't his daughter and was another girl kidnapped
What more would you want to know?
If he had actually raped her? With what weapon he killed her?

>clearly implied
I don't think you know how implication works.

It never implied he raped her. If was a rapist then he would have raped MEW but never even touched her. He just has a creepy daughter fixation.

This was a PG-13 movie.
It was implied as much as it could be given the rating.
Especially with his whole "We're going to be a family now" monologue.