ITT: Albums you loved in middle-school that you still love today

ITT: Albums you loved in middle-school that you still love today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HIdSziGek08
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aged like fine wine

all deftones, the first four korn albums, old incubus, any three 6 mafia and houston rap shit. I can honestly still enjoy most of it to some degree besides the reggaeton garbage

6th grade. Deftones Rule

MODS

IM NUTTY ON LONELIENESS

I didn't listen to any music in middle school, not even radio

this

shit I thought it said high school
I didn't even listen to music in middle school kek

shit at this point half of Sup Forums was probably in middle school when death grips debuted

this

also, this album is still pretty fucking good
youtube.com/watch?v=HIdSziGek08

(shame on me, I know)

This new album by Justice is still great.
What do you think?

I always hear something new, every time.

These. I'll add this as well.

only these

I loved this one with the same love as DSOTM and WYWH and I still do

lot of osdm, lots of crust punk

thats some fine taste bros, for me it was this. i still play the whole album on drives

I have koi no yokan in the cd player in my car right now

kek

almost picked this up at the record store today, but didnt wanna shell out 20 bucks

Many of this band's other albums and of course Deftones as everyone's been posting. I used to like Linkin Park's first two albums also.

Pretty solid album.

Easily a top 10 album of the 90s.

>people born in 1999 turn 18 this year

The Saga Begins and Grapefruit Diet were my favourite jams. Saga is the perfect karaoke song.

Albuquerque and Horoscope are the best songs on the album. Probably his best album now that i'm thinking about it

found it in some best of electronic music list

The whole thing was gold. I was super proud of myself after I learned every word to Albuquerque.

This very much

YES

Also
>pic
>System Of A Down's self titled
>Slipknot's self titled
Aside from that not much

Dammit forgot pic

People think is kind of overrated and not their best work from this band. But I think the whole opposite thing.

Every SOAD and Tool album

I never listened to Deftones much, heard this album a few months ago. Amazing, I've been sleeping on them.
All great.
Still have this cd and Life is Peachy in the car.

also liked this when it first came out, still think it's their best album, (or maybe rubber factory) but i also don't think it's nearly as good now as i did 5 years ago.

this

Im in middle school right now cunt.
FUCK YOU
h
]

this has been my favorite album since 8th grade

Yellowcard is legitimately one of my all-time favorite bands. Partly out of nostalgia, but a significant portion of their discog is actually really god, top tier pop punk

In middle school I transferred all my dad's Zeppelin CDs onto my ipod mini and that's all I listened to, in and out of school. I still enjoy some of their more folk/acoustic stuff now and then.

The first four Coheed albums.

Deftones are one of the greatest rock bands of all time

I still listen to this every so often.
Just love the guitars

M

great album. so is volume 1.

This I fucking love glassjaw

This was my middle school music minus about 50%

I remember a few weeks ago staying up all night so I could finally post on Sup Forums for the first time :^)

I still to some degree think it's at least an 8/10

cake is awesome

Oh, and this too

ewwwwwwwwwwww

Going through this thread makes me realize how much of a pleb I was in middle school. I, no joke, didn't even know that albums were a thing until I was 13, I just listened to songs. Also, I didn't know about the existence of a good chunk of the artists and bands posted here.

Stars are Projectors still gets me to this day.

Thursday rules. Shame that they get lumped in with trend hoppers like The Used.
All their albums are great, but Full Collapse takes the nostalgia cake.

Hell yeah

agreed, how are the deftones so consistently great?

God, I still remember the commercials for this on Fuse.

Still one of my favorites.

It's a fair bit dated with the nu metal shtick and the angsty lyrics, but still packs a punch, great production.

I looked exactly like the kid on this cover when I was in high school. I mean identical. Same hair, too. I was pretty freaked out when my friends showed it to me.

Memories!

I wasn't really exposed to that much music as a kid or watched a lot of TV. Most of my free time I spent reading or drawing. People I knew weren't the type to discuss music. However I think this is the reason I'm more into music now than most people my age.

Yes

Mogwai albums

hehe :))
also reaper is a dummy

(Deftones)
Deftones are still good to listen to years later. It's always interesting to think about they came from a genre label that they didn't accept and tried so hard to break out of that stereotype and then went on to inspire even worse music. I blame them for being an early root of hardcore/screamo. Still one of my favorite metal bands though. They have well earned all the accolades they receive.

(3rd Eye)
This album is nothing but 100% fantastic hits. I can go back to this almost 20 years after its release and still know every song word for word.

(In Utero)
The most underrated Nirvana album
Much rawer and less hit friendly than Nevermind which is why I love it

(System of a Down)
Fuck the System!

(Gorillaz)
Gorillaz turned me on to so many types of music. I go back now and just pick out all the different influences they were putting me on to that I would have other wise never been into as a kid.

(RATM)
Yes

(Tool)
The band that turned me on to prog. Still listen to this and it's not a guilty pleasure.

(Killers)
Was high school for me but I remember this one was super polarizing with my friends. Everyone had a different opinion on it. I didn't like it at first but it went on to be my favorite Killers album.

I used to play along to the drums for Thank You for the Venom. Thanks to MCR I'll never forget being a half-emo suburbia middle class white kid that was fucking weird and very into girls that were also half-emo suburbia middle class and white. Why, I ever get nostalgic for that time period is beyond me. This one always takes me back.

Hybrid Theory didn't age well for me, but I still have to give it a listen as it was one of my first favorite albums. One of the first CDs I borrowed from someone to burn my own also.

are you me ?

I actually didn't listen to music in middle school. I didn't start to develop any real musical interests until around the end of 8th grade.

the st is so underrated, while flawed I really liked some of the songs, Hexagram is a great metal tune