Opinions on this movie?

Opinions on this movie?

Sucks.

The meme pleb opinion is that the third act is shit.

The patrician opinion is that the whole movie is shit.

Pretty fun until the ending.

Fantastic all the way through. Don't get the hate for the third act.

My #1 comfy film until the third act.

The Mercury-transit scene is beyond GOAT.

I have a negative opinion of the third act, but I don't hate it. It through the tone of the movie off, and was really unnecessary. There was enough natural danger, that adding an overcooked psychopath, imagined or real, to the formula tilted it. Ultimately there were many ways this movie could have been made better, and they managed to dodge all them.

The footjob scene was really unnecessary.

Pinbacker literally did nothing wrong

I think I've seen you in other threads. After you imply a bizarre sex scene (that didn't happen) in a movie or TV show, do you watch the Google stats to see how many people search for it? I'm genuinely curious. I see you a lot. You must have a reason.

Pinbacekr and his obsession with the sun was not bad, but the fact that he is presented like a crazy slasher villain was dumb

Its just a dank meme bro, relax

Chris Evans was literally right about everything. They should have just listened to him.

strong 3/5
very nice moments in this movie with good music and performances
falls flat in the third act but the ending is beautiful so whatever

Loved it. Even the weird ending. It was out of place, but showed the whole "Man staring at his god", a corruption of that saying

It tapped into the post-9/11 new atheism that was popular at the time, the third act was a shout out to the fedoras

>that scene where cappa and pinbacker were talking about how space travel would have been a reality in the 1600s if it weren't for the dark middle ages

pretty big eye opener for me 2bh

Beautiful movie with fantastic acting, music, and imagery.

The third act where Pinbacker shows up again is a bit messy but it doesn't really dampen the whole thing too much.

It was good but the part where they watched the video of the blood murder orgy was a bit disturbing

This

>it's a third act was bad shitpost

spooky

>Don't get the hate for the third act.
I don't hate the last act, but it is a very weird tonal shift for a movie to have so late.

>the dark ages meme
What about Plato and his dipshit classical elements?

Why they needed a tripulated spaceship? Can't just send those nukes using AI and rubots?

Too unreliable I guess

>Send spaceship full of nukes to the sun
>Let AI do it
>AI nukes earth because it's how it should go instead of changing the universe

It would have been a shorter film.

Fairly dumb movie trying to look smart.

>bad science
>soputing high school science factoids with contemplative, serious faces
>what is orbital mechanics
>making the "most informed decision" by referring a mission critical multi-disciplinary decision to.. a physicist. Why is he even there?
>why is anyone on the ship at all? The entire mission is on autopilot, bad things only happen when the crew takes control.
>science advisor Brian Cox

Nice cinematography tho, has some suspenseful moments.

I thought it was going to be like "The Core" except in space. It was more like Jason X.

>Both missions were already automated, the crew's just there to fuck shit up.
>They do.

They don't even send a crew with competence for the mission. Instead of astronauts and engineers, they send emotionally unstable TV-scientist, that act like TV-scientist and fuck things up like TV-scientists would.

The film's premise doesn't make sense within the film's universe.

>missing the point this badly

the plot is literally a vehicle for the themes and character study.

you're a fucking retard.

A character study built on lazy stereotypes and lazy plot isn't worth shit.

It wasn't exploring the absurdity of those stereotypes either, the movie was straight faced from beginning to end. It's just a dumb flick.

So based it triggered my ASMR.

Interesting enough to watch once but massively overrated.

Great movie and that includes the third act