Over the years NASA has twice changed their story regarding the shape of the Earth...

Over the years NASA has twice changed their story regarding the shape of the Earth. At first they maintained Earth was a perfect sphere, which later changed to an “oblate spheroid” flattened at the poles, and then changed again to being “pear-shaped” as the Southern hemisphere allegedly bulges out as well. Unfortunately for NASA, however, none of their official pictures show an oblate spheroid or pear-shaped Earth! All their pictures, contrary to their words, show a spherical (and clearly CGI fake) Earth

explain this round earthers

LOL

You're cute. I like you OP.

>the round earther resorts to humor as he cannot defend his shitty theory

>resort

>theory

>round earthers

>stay
>buttblasted
>round earther

What appears to be a sphere to the Mark 1 eyeball is technically not a mathematical sphere. Since the actual shape of the Earth is important to things like GPS scientists need to be very precise with how they record the actual shape of the Earth, and it is technically an oblate spheroid. We know this because GPS works, and no actual scientist has ever tried to deny that the Earth is roughly spherical. From the ancient Greeks, the first men to sail around the world, the Americans, the Soviets, the Chinese none of them say the Earth is anything other than a roughly spherical object.

lol you sad little man

>old uneducated men
>implying that gps wont work perfectly on our current (flat) earth

how about you fucking kill yourself instead.

we already know logical thinking is outside the realm of your abilities.

explain this then

Trying 2 hard to troll op.

im not trolling im just trying to shown you all the truth

/thread

lol is your music career not working out B.o.B.?

Not selling singles like you used to?

how about you present an argument like

Please explain the math in this one because to me it seems like they're pulling a bunch of math out of their ass.

Its simple op. NASA don't know shit about the real truth, they come up with shit to justify their retarded budget, and will come up with anything to do so.

the explanation is fairly simple but I agree the math on this one is retarded
its showing that the bridge is long enough that it would have to be built with a drop to stay level with the supposed round earth

Do you even know how GPS works?

> retarded budget
> one sixth of a penny of each tax dollar

yep
retarded.

It's a total asspull. The curvature is not related to just the length of the bridge, it's related to the circumference of the earth which is about 24k miles. This would mean that if it were a contiguous piece it would have to be slightly curved.

But nobody builds 100 mile bridges out of a single piece.

But then again you're getting trolled by even being in this thread

How would the GPS satellites stay in the "air"? With a round Earth following an orbit around a central massive star the satellites would just orbit the Earth.

Since a Flat Earth would present impossibilities in the face of gravity (people on the outside edge of the Earth, like those in Australia would he pulled toward the center of gravity. Everything in Australia would have to be built at a nearly 90 angle perpendicular to the surface so it wouldnt be pulled toward the center) then gravity can't exist on a flat Earth. The argument I've heard is that the Earth is being pushed up and accelerating constantly at 9.8 meters per second per second. But this would make an orbiting body impossible.

Thus the GPS emission devices would have to be suspended above the Earth, or be on towers or something. However, there are many problems with this. The USA, the Soviets (now Russia) and China all have their own GPS systems in operation. None of these nations with vastly different ideologies have ever hinted that they aren't using orbiting satellites. Every GPS enabled device from Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, from Apple to Samsung, Microsoft to Motorola is programmed to operate under the assumption that GPS satellites really are 34,000 miles overhead. Almost every advanced piece of communications hardware used by every commercial and military entity "pulls" timing from GPS satellites. Of the satellites WERENT 34,000 miles overhead communications wouldn't work right, but it does.

No engineer or scientist who makes these things has ever come out and said "it's all a lie! I have proof! GPS comes from blimps!" Or some shit. The lizard people really have control over every engineer who has ever worked with comms equipment?

the dome you fucking idiot

>At first they maintained Earth was a perfect sphere
Cite source, liar.

What's the dome made of? You can stick GPS satellites into the dome? Why hasn't any engineer working for any space company ever mentioned that they needed to shove the satellites into the dome? The lizard people hiding the truth control every aerospace engineer in the USA, Russia, the UK, France, India, China, Canada, North Korea, Japan and many, many others? They control every University that sends up cube satellites? Every observatory on Earth is controlled by the Illuminati?

>"I'm not retarded"

There, explained.

it is a retarded budget, THEY HAVE NO BUDGET! lel...

You're going to have to come up with better CGI than that to trick us flat-earthers! NASA has been playing this game for nearly 60 years! You have a lot of catching up to do!

What are the billions upon billions of stars that the Hubbard telescope has recorded? How would all that fit within this supposed "realm" of Earth-centricity>?

the dome set forth by god

...but they never said it was flat.
And those descriptions are actually consistent.

Don't worry, pray to imaginary yahweh or that dead jesus for help comprehending the concepts the rest of us understand, OP.

Which god?
Odin or Minerva?

We may not know the true shape of the Earth, but climate change is indisputably proven.

*snort* moron global warming alarmists

We do know the true shape of Earth.
The climate is changing.
Which part don't you want to accept?

This thread reminds me that I know a person in real life that thinks the Earth is ~6,000 years old.

the fucking autism oh my god

THE EARTH IS NOT ROUND NOR FLAT. THE EARTH IS SHAPED LIKE A BIG BLACK COCK. WHY ELSE DO YOU THINK THERE ARE BLACK HOLES ALL AROUND THE UNIVERSE. THIS UNIVERSE IS A GREAT BIG PUSSY JUST WAITING TO GET FUCKED...BY A BIG BLACK COCK-SHAPED EARTH. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

>when the sun can't be seen at all times of the day and flat earthers scamble together some bs

Some bullshit about particle density in the air at the surface obscures your view. Same reason they say you can't see mountains on the other side of the globe

t; this whole reality is not real it only feels that way for the time being

> "the dome you fucking idiot"
This is why I gave up on most conspiracy theories. It just proves that you can make people believe in bullshit, no matter the evidence.
Also, what's the point of lying to us about the shape of the Earth? They would still get money, just now they would be researching the flat Earth, not the round one.

If video games from the 80s have taught me anything, it's that planets are torroidal in shape.

And where is the giant tortoise with the 4 elephants holding the earth afloat you ignorant sheeple??

I dont know how this shit started but it is out of control. I taught only 'murica-fags baught this bullshit but even some people in my close circle are starting to belive in this and are fucking iritating me...what I want to say guys is, we need a weapon. Something so bloody retarded that can shut them up or atleast make them forget about the "flath earth" and "lizard people", and begin a new trend.

>It just proves that you can make people believe in bullshit, no matter the evidence.
Oh, you needed conspiracy theories for that? SO the Santa claus shit is okay? SO NORAD pretending to track some non-existent magical sleigh isn't a metaphor for our daily news, but the stupidest troll-conspiracies are only just enough to make you think????

>Something so bloody retarded that can shut them up or atleast make them forget about the "flath earth" and "lizard people", and begin a new trend.
But hillary lost the election

the bridge bends and curves compensating for the curve of the earth

Impossible. If the bridge bent, you would drive into the water.

If your mom bent, I'd be your dad
>checkmate

i can see that you have a basic understanding of mechanical engineering, and bridge infrastructure.

Please tell me, the type of bridge in OP.

Are you sure you would want something even MORE retarded that flat-eartheners?

What if we just took a long ass rope, and had one person hold it while someone else takes it around the world. Wouldnt that prove or disprove the flat earth theory cause of the earth was round the ends of the rope would meet back up, and if it was flat they would never meet up. Right?

It's a standup cantilever bridge with dynamic support trunnions you fag. I bet you didn't even know that. Also if the bridge ever deviated from true straight you'd end up in the water faggot

>Mark 1 eyeball
Can we upgrade our eyeballs now?

The flat-earthers would claim that the second person just walked a circle on the surface of the earth.

IT EARTH IS FLAT, HOW CAN IT BE HOLLOW???

how's your mother?

You should post this in /sci/ , plz do

Kek boring day over there?

y... you're... you're fucking retarded, aren't you?

>Eat the Giraffes
They're good for eyesight.

If the Earth is flat then so is the deathstar.

Checkmate gaythiests.

Its bent just enough to compensate for the curvature of the earth you fucking retard.

Can someone please tell me what the fuck a "spherical drop" is?

Yes dude. Something funny. Lik Jesus was a koala or something like that. Come on, /b was allways creative when it come to this shit.

Its where you take a spherical shaped object and drop it. Kinda self explanitory

The polar and equatorial diameters are not equal. They are very close, which is why the Earth appears to be a sphere, but it is not a perfect sphere.

Now that I've answered your question, I will ask a question in turn, it is only fair. Why is it currently daytime in the US, and nighttime in Russia?

If the world was a disc, we'd either always see the sun, even if it was providing less light in the distance, unless it actually sets below the rim of the disc, which would cause it to be night across the entire world at once, which we can easily prove does not happen.

flat earthers all around the globe agree with you

Not an argument! Stay BRFO

>Answers the simple question, ignores the tough one

I remember reading about the earth not being a perfect sphere in some old science book from the early 70's....heaven forbid scientists change what that think from every evolving data collection processes

A bullshit word that just means that you take the tangent of the beginning of the bridge, extend it to the end of the bridge, and then measure the difference in altitude between the two

Everyone knows that if scientists change even tiny details it means that science doesn't work because it's never right

But there would be no difference in altitude because both ends are roughly the same height above sea level.

How about looking at it this way, if you place a level laser at the beginning of the bridge, and measure it's altitude as it passes over the end of the bridge. There will be a difference between the two, because the earth is curved and it's not massive enough to significantly curve the path of the photons

are you being facetious, or do you actually believe this

No because the earth is flat there is no curvature faggot

There's millions of tiny particles in the air that distort the light.

'Science' is quite often wrong at any given time because the ones doing the science are arrogant, conceited and ignorant morons. Science never works with assholes bearing those traits at the helm.

So the diameter of the beam will be larger at the end than the beginning, and maybe a few inches off target

Then go test it and prove all us round earthers wrong

Facetious

Clearly, but you can't measure altitude accurately over a long distance using a laser level. Long bridges are built with the Earth's curvature in mind. The two ends are going to be very close to the same altitude, since they're both just barely above sea level.

My dad seriously believes the flat earth theory, and a whole bunch of other conspiracy theories as well

And the people that say scientists are wrong must all be virtuous, kind, and selfless intellectuals

That's what I was saying. The laser will be higher than the end of the bridge because the bridge follows the curvature but the laser doesn't

Im not even sure what you are claiming in that pic

When water falls off the edge of the flat earth, gravity sucks it up underneath back to the middle. I know as I seen it with my own eyes when I sailed there in 2002.

LMAO WTF kind of argument is that!? The supports that suspend the bridge surely compensate for curvature and various depths..

>I don't know how to science

This whole thread

Thats not possible, it would break the straight flat road.

someone reply to me

can I reply to myself?

>not knowing that concrete is really damn bendy on large scales

>concrete is really damn bendy

This. I can bend my pavement into spirals and it just twists back into shape.

You do realize that when NASA says that the Earth is these shapes, that they are very subtly these shapes, right? The Earth would still more or less look spherical with only a subtle oblate spheroid shape. Changing their story doesn't mean shit either, because that's how science works.

and scientific illiteracy reigns...

the diameter of the earth pole to pole is 12,720 km

the diameter of the earth around the equator is 12,756 km.

a difference of 36km,

to an observer, if you were to shrink the earth down to a 1m ball, the difference between pole to pole, and across the equator would be about 0.4mm - roughly the thickness of a sheet of thin cardboard.

if you shrink the earth down to the size of a photo on a 28" monitor, that difference is now about 0.15mm.
or to put it another way. its about the size of a fullstop.

that big.
if you can claim to see a difference of " . " that, in a photo, then you're a fucking liar.

Scientifically, it is an oblate spheroid. Practically, the difference is so small that you cannot measure it without equipment.

Now fuck off with your idiotic "flat earth" bullshit.

me bending some concrete

you're so brainwashed by big pharma

Big pharma makes trillions of dollars selling round maps and globes to schools the Vatican has 500+trillion in unmarked notes and own practically everything you just need to open your eyes