Life is probably pointless, and I'm not sure how to give it meaning anymore

Life is probably pointless, and I'm not sure how to give it meaning anymore.

What gives your life any meaning worth the hassle of continuing to stay alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ax7krBKzmVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Xbox achievements
Weed
Masturbation
Food
Sleep

I enjoy these things so I want to do them as often as I can before I die

You get yourself distracted untill you die

This guy gets it. I quit smoking weed a month ago though, and still doing the same thing but happier.

>PC masterrace

Those are activities I enjoy too, but I mean without simply a list of hedonistic shit to do, what makes you feel like life is worth living?

Fighting the good fight?
Caring for people?
Accomplishing goals?
Pursuing the version of yourself you most want to be?

Also, would be interesting to see people's ages and if that changes as we get closer to the grave or have seen more shit.

30 yrs old
Pursuit of knowledge
Understanding those closest to me
Helping people who need it
Writing

These, but replace Xbox achievements with just video games in general.

Plus I do have a couple of friends that I hangout with once in a blue moon, just enough so I don't start to feeling lonely.

Life is about struggle
Survival of the fittest
Work to improve your body
Be the best that you can be
Do more than everyone else
Work harder than everyone else
Destroy your body
Train everyday
Reap the rewards of your success
Don't die a coward
Life a man

Every breathe of life is precious

That's a stupid idea about human being and evolution

life is about reaching Challenger rank in LoL, sex and killing jews.

Lol look at you bets deppressed fucks.
My life is all about education to get a good job. and when im a grown up I will marry a beautiful lady and will act like a real gentlement my whole life to her.

the goal of looking down on everyone who said I wouldn't succeed

>gentlement

Long way to go with that education it seems.

Enjoying things life has to offer you. I noticed life was pointless back when I was 11 years old, after a long time of studying quantum physics. Now the fact that life is pointless, I just try making friends and have fun with them. Maybe, life could be joyful if you would put the fact that life is pointless and just fuck around in it.

life = hedonism.

even if you're helping other people your whole life, you're still doing it to make yourself feel good.

don't worry, user, you'll grow out of being a little nihilist-pessimist feckit soon enough.

Real life is Real Love. No joking
youtube.com/watch?v=ax7krBKzmVI

Happy 2017 to everyone

Knowing that there is much better things out there to try and get.

If i can't. Then i'll find something else.

I'm in no rush to die, and have no restrictions on what I aim to do with my day.

Given my interest in history, I guess I'm still here just to see how humanity does in the future. No matter how depressing that sounds.

"The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead."

Mr. Peanutbutter

>What is dumber
Our only purpose on this earth is to reproduce and grow

Or

That a mystical force put us on earth for no fucking reason, then told us to do as we are told and reproduce and be nice to each other
P.s. Fuck all other forms of life

Educated yourself regarding other life forms and you will see humans are the only species who deviate from the natural order

I don't know who Albert Camus is, but judging by that quote, he's a pretentious fool with a poor understanding of Greek Mythology at best.

It's absurd, something an idiot would say. Exactly like "Slaves and prisoners are the happiest people around!"

And WHY? "OH the struggle fills your heart" What a fucking fucktard.

i wrote this when i was very suicidal and in the same mindset as you are in.

right now i'm trying to adapt this new way of living where i care less about stuff (including myself) and i just do stuff.

what i'm saying is literally "don't think about it", even if that's very cliché. there is no answer. distraction is all there is.

Calling people out on their bullshit gives me meaning in life; it's brings me satisfaction to see people squirm, and retract their statements.

you're the definition of a bully and we would all be better off with you not being alive

You're way off, dude. You think you know what you're talking about is the worst part of it.

liar and a piece of shit detected

Nah, I'm not him, but correcting people's lies and delusions is a service to humanity.

Many people, if not most, are corrupt, selfish, nearly mindless little shits that should probably be culled, but barring that option, corrected and reconfigured.

all peopel are selfish and corrupt. people only truly love themselves, everything else is a lie.

Why am I picturing a keyboard wearing a fedora and rocking a neckbeard?

I'd be letting my family down if I killed myself. That is the one thing stopping me.

I'm 18, don't have any hobbies or passions, don't have any freedom, been completely clean my whole life, and don't have any future. I want to die but I don't want my family to live thinking they have blood on their hands.

You're 18. You have a future and the time to make it enjoyable. You're just a lazy twat whose wasting his time wallowing in self pity. Time to grow up Timmy.

Everyone is selfish, but people aren't born corrupt, that is a learned behavior based on the restrictions placed on members of a modern state. In nature, we would openly transgress against each other on a whim, and that is not corruption, that is being true to yourself. corruption, like terrorism, is born out of the helplessness of being overpowered by the state or society while still having to deal with each other's problems. We aren't allowed to do what we want to each other so people do what they can to undermine and attack and rob while maintaining a facade of civility.. That's corruption.

And people can love others, but Western society and culture focuses almost exclusively on self-worship void of self-improvement, so I can see how people might think that.

You don't think I know that or tried?
I wish it was that simple. Everyone around me has a general idea of what they enjoy or what hobbies they have and have done something productive. If I start now I'll always be behind everyone.

>I'll always be behind everyone.

don't be stupid, dude. what delusions of grandeur built you up to think that's something you have a right to complain about?

Nobody is equal. You're a fuckton better off than some paraplegic, even born to a wealthy family, and the list goes on. there are people more powerful than anyone you know could ever dream to be.

If you don't find joy in life, m8, then I guarantee you someone else can, while using the same resources you are squandering in your depression.

There's that self pity again. Behind everyone in what? This shit isn't a competition. No one but you is thinking this. Stop comparing yourself to others and do what you want for fuck sake.

Trust me man. You're young as fuck. When you finally pull your head out of your ass you're gonna wish you started trying harder sooner.

THE MYSTERY OF WHAT IS AFTER + THE HOPE OF A BETTER DAY ARE ALL THE KEEP ME ALIVE

PROTIP TO YOUNGER FOLKS: LIFE GUARANTEES NOBODY ANYTHING. YOU COULD DIE TOMORROW

Given that I'm likely going to have to compete with all of these individuals when I get into the workforce, I think it's pretty justified to say that. I'm not complaining and acknowledge most of it is probably my fault. Being a sperg is something out of my control but some of it is on me for not having any initiative or drive when I was younger. My only fear is it is too late to fix.

>If you don't find joy in life, m8, then I guarantee you someone else can, while using the same resources you are squandering in your depression.

That is precisely what I am afraid of.

Just do what makes you fulfilled, theirs always something for everyone. Just make sure you do it for you, and not in the name of vanity and attraction of others. For instance i paint and do concept art, alotta people dont really care for the artist and they just like the pictures, but i dont give a shit because i get to express what i love, and print my imagination and ability onto canvas or tablet.

Life isn't gonna stop for you, so keep up and do what makes you grow and express.

Bullshit. You compete with others for jobs, for raises, for colleges, for sex, for anything realistically. Think about it.

This idea basically. It's this simple. Literally a child can do it.

I think the problem with some people today is that there is this delusion, this fantasy especially prominent in western societies (The US in particular, starting post WWII) that everyone and anyone can achieve anything they want if they try hard enough.

Well that's a load of fucking bullshit. I can't build a warp drive or a time machine because it's fucking physically impossible and probably always will be. And that's just an extreme example. Most people don't stand a chance in politics, let alone presidency. Most people are objectively not intelligent, through, self-controlled, or charismatic enough to go into the fields that make the most progress or money in the world. So, my point is, forget about that. Those delusions are propaganda for democracy and don't represent any reality whatsoever, except in some dreamed up ideal from 2 generations ago.

You have to be happy with what you have to be happy with what you have.

Say it again, and think about that last sentence. It's that simple, and is it not always so? Regardless of how much or how little you have, in order to be happy with what you have, you have to be happy with what you have. think about it.

discipline and family. that is the secret behind self realization. Carefull about bitches tho

>Too late to fix
>A fucking teenager

You know life doesn't end when you hit 20 right? Stop acting life your life is already over.

>but some of it is on me for not having any initiative or drive when I was younger

You're still "younger." You have 70 fucking years ahead of you.

Goddamn was I this delusional when I was 18?

I'm not him, and I agree that competition is the foundation of evolution on earth and by extension, the way society operates as a matter of course, but my point is that you obviously are competent enough to do something, anything you can actually do, that brings you joy, but you are choosing not to instead. Throwing up your hands and saying "Well, I can't be number one or even second place so I'm going to quit life"

That's some bullshit, son.

I'm referring to being content and fulfilled in life. That's on your head and no one else.

I think a big problem is that kids today are being fed a load of feel-good bullshit that makes them expect that they are all equal and will surely become the best scientist, scholar, president, world champion, whateverthefuck in the entire universe, and then when reality hits them in the consciousness like a sack of hammers, they just lay there like it's incomprehensible that they aren't a billionaire or the most popular person in the world.

i agree with this, people think life is gonna be some equal division, and social media portrays that too, but i know many people behind closed doors are hurting or have real struggles. The pursuit of equality and happiness are not bad, but blindly believing everyone has that mindset is terrible and set you up for a shock.

No point in living. Kill yourself on stream. Dubs check em.

Am I? I'll be frank, I really don't think I am. I hate people with a victim mentality and "woe is me" mindset but realistically, what do I have? For the love of Christ man I can't even get a job in retail or McDonalds and have done nothing but browse the internet/shitpost and play shitty normie trash console games. The world only cares about what you can offer it, and I'll be honest and say right now I don't really have much to offer. I'm not asking to be good at anything, I'm just asking not to suck.
Not when everyone around you got their shit together earlier than you did.

it statred well but then went downhill.

I agree with what you say except about the pursuit of equality. Happiness yes, but why equality?

People can never be equal because objectively, the foundation of evolution and all life on the planet, is inequality and the recycling of the less fit to fuel the fit. We should not even try to corrupt nature with our delusions. We should accept our place as the top predator and embrace our competitive environment among each other.

Why not? Because some people can't compete, right? Because it will hurt some people's feelings? Because it is unfair? Well, my observations tell me that those inevitability occur regardless of whatever social cradle you want to create for the least fit, and penalizing the fit and productive to fuel the least fit and least productive is absolutely tragic in the deepest sense of the word, and only delays and amplifies the core problems for the next generation.

Hey bud, how was your 14th birthday this year?

My life is meaningless if I don't struggle to accomplish these goals:
>Leave this shithole called Syria
>Become a professional programmer or web designer
>Become a fitness model (always been my dream)
>Make my mother happy
>Get an expensive sport car.

fuck off we're full

wow sounds like you are living a very fulfilling life

I've tried to find a meaning since I stumbled on existentialism as an angsty teen.

My life, my work, it's all Sisyphian bullshit. Sisyphian is a word now.

I can't stay with any "meaning" because I can't escape the ultimate pointlessness of it all. Then I think what a pussy I am and how my ancestors nutted up and carried on, through harder shit than me.

But they probably had some point or meaning to their lives. I'd prefer to no longer exist, but I can't kill myself and put my mom through that. So.. life sentence. Gotta find meaning now, have no choice.

Well, you can't get a job at mcdonalds? You can't or you won't? dude, I've been there, but you know what? I didn't have a safety net to coddle me into passive submission like you probably do. No mommy and daddy footing the bill, no Uncle Sam safety net.

You know what? I failed out of college and got into trouble and was fucking homeless. I was homeless for about 2 days, and that's all it took for me to realize that either I was personally going to whip things into shape or I was going to die unhappy, probably shanked by some crackhead, and I woke right the fuck up and I own my own property now, my own vehicles, my own home, because I knew the consequences of my actions were death and I choose life.

Meanwhile, enjoy your monthly taxpayer donation or however you survive without a job, and sit around doing nothing and at least be grateful and enjoy those fucking games for me, please. Instead of acting like you have it so fucking bad that you're not ahead of your "peers"

You don't actually have to be productive or do anything at all to be happy. Happiness is a state of mind. It's an emotion, and emotions are all blind deaf and dumb, so while you could be happy with what you have, you'd rather dream of something better, not actually do anything about it, and then feel bad when you don't have it when you wake up the next morning.

If you're a loser, then accept your loss and enjoy sitting around playing video games while "your betters" or whatever you imagine them to be, slave away to send the government money to help keep people like you afloat or from rioting or whatever reason there is for it.

I think Sup Forums is making me a little cynical

You don't think I've tried or am ashamed of myself? You think I want to sit on my ass and do nothing?

Well I'm looking at potential homelessness in approximately 6 months when I graduate so if you could kindly tell me how you managed to turn yourself around that would be appreciated. For your sake I'll believe that story about yourself is true.

I would try if I had any idea where to start. And I'd like to think I have too much pride for the 2nd option you listed.

Nobody can teach you, you can't read it in a book.

You only learn that stuff from experience. You try something, you fuck up, you try again with more info.. rinse and repeat

As nike always says, just fucking do it faggot

Well I sure as fuck would rather sit on my ass and do nothing. Are you crazy? Dude, if it was an option, I would live like a hermit and never talk to anyone but my cats.

but to answer your question, I thought about my closest friend with a house, called them and explained the situation. I then moved into their house and immediately went to every place I could find to apply for a job. I was working at a call center within a week, quit 2 weeks later because it sucked, and got my first check at least, which i paid to my roomates as my rent. Then I went and did the same job search and ended up working at Taco Bell for a few months, working shitty hours for shitty pay and being very frugal until I had enough to move out and I moved in with my girlfriend, and eventually found a better job, and then a better place, and then a better job and then After years I went back to school and whipped its ass this time, because I realized I just hadn't even been attending classes originally and had nothing to do with how hard or challenging anything was. I just wasn't doing the work, so this time I did, and then I got an even better job and moved into a shitty place for a while until I saved enough to buy my own house and that was about it.

But you know all those details are meanigless, the important part is that the will to do what you have to can only be found within. I could send you a 12,144 step guide to success or wahtever, but that's all bullshit. What you need to understand is that the will has to be yours and you have to feel motivated. Like I said, I was motivated because I want a better quality of life for myself, and for my cats. I would sit at home and play video games all day erryday if I could, trust me. I wouldn't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

What I've done I've done for myself, not to impress anyone. It has to be about you, because what else do you care more about? If there is something then use that to motivate you.

I expected as much but was worth a shot. Unfortunately, a few of us seem to fuck up a lot more than others.
My point of view is if you aren't good at anything than what good are you? Might as well be dead weight.

Guess I'll either find that will or I die.

Well, if you really give that much of a fuck about others (sounds like some vestigial brainwashing from your childhood or some shit) then do something about it, but obviously you don't, so forget all the "muh pride" rhetoric and be real. You either like sitting around playing games or you don't. And if you don't, then go do something else, right?

You don't have to be good at anything to be happy is my point. There's two issues here, you saying you're unhappy and then you saying you want to succeed. Those are separate issues largely independent of each other, though you may be unaware.

Last one is always 3.

I lost my virginity when I was 8-9 years old. 2 years older female friend from pathological family told me what sex is and persuaded me for trying it. We were banging each other for about 2 years, soon other kids from the neighbourhood joined in, some younger than me (including her 1 year longer than me brother). It was quite a shitty neighbourhood obviously. Obviously looking at it today it was sick and disgusting, but back then it was just fun and pleasure for us. I think it's often the same for children in CP, even if they do it with a much older partner. It's just a matter of presenting sex in a right way.

Well, When I was 7, I was playing with, fondling, making out, and even eating out my older 8 year old neighbor, and we had a blast and I remember it fondly. I have no hangups because of it, and we all had fun.

I make my own decisions based on reality, not what some jew in politics wants me to feel about my personal experiences, and I don't feel bad or ashamed about any of that. It was innocent and loving and wonderful.

Also, you're obviously in the wrong thread, aren't you? Where did all that come from?

Eventually the fun from those things wears off and you realize it's just mindless and you're doing nothing. Doesn't sound very fulfilling to me. In addition again, I'm gonna have no place relatively soon so vidya's out the door anyway. And again, I have tried to do something about it, and every damn time I've gotten my teeth kicked in for it. They aren't really to me. Some have overcome greater obstacles yes, but those are the minority. It took me until earlier this month to realize how pathetic I am, and since then I've been trying to turn this situation around.

Maybe I should just accept I'm an autist.

Well, whatever dude. I don't know you well enough to sit here and psychoanalyze you. Maybe you are fucked. Even if you are, you could still be happy.

You need to figure out your own values and what you want out of life. You sound very confused and probably emotionally agitated as your deadline approaches. Well, at least you're starting to wake up now, vs 6 months from now.

good luck

You're right to an extent, we're all just shitposting on a Thai knitting board anyway. Hopefully I come up with something

Cheers.