Apparently, in the USA liquor is sold in '1/5ths'...

Apparently, in the USA liquor is sold in '1/5ths'. Based on songs and movies I assumed this was a significant quantity of alcohol, but it turns out to only be 3/4s of a litre.

Why are americans such soft cunts?

this

Lol wut we can get 1.75s here too you big vaginas

when are you guys getting your gay new flag with literally a fucking leaf

>hurr you're not a real man unless your alcohol comes in big bottles durrr

>hurr gotta defend muh cuntry and let these fags know whats what durr

Holy shit where does that anger stem from

Why are you so mad?
I thought alcohol was haram

Whatever you say, Mohammed

Don't forget American alcohol is usually piss weak as well.

Just because it's a popular size doesn't mean it's the only size available, ya dingus.

A "Handle" is 1.75 liters and is generally places right next to the fifths on the liquor store shelf.

I've seen bottoms shelf 100 proof gin sold in plastic 1 gallon jugs.

>hurr (faggy sarcastic opinion) durr

Liquor is the same everywhere you stupid faggot

Jack Daniels in the UK is the same % as it is where its made, in the US.

Fucking hell, Kiwis are more retarded than Aussies. You're like their sheepshagging down syndrome brother

Liquor is sold in handles, which is 1.75 liters, sold in pints and fifths.

I'll bite.

Either you're actually retarded, or on like 12 layers of irony. Get a good nights sleep tonight, please.

Same in Sweden, but that wouldn't suprise you, Aussie. Also, we can only buy it in Systembolaget, a government run store. To prevent alcoholism and stuff!

funny part is I've seen this video and this guy is Scottish

delete Oceanic region

151 proof or 75.5% is weak. Show me a mass produced liquor served there that its higher than that.

Ill take everclear for 500 Alex.

Alcohol is degenerate

You can get alcohol poisoning on Everclear if you want to be a many man.

I've been on the Internet too long. Ten years ago American beer was a joke compared to European beer, now with all of these craft breweries coming into existence, it's the opposite.

They sell it in stores? At 19p proof or wherever the hell? I said mass produced for a reason. Not jimbos still.

Sounds like Utah.

>not enjoying the smoothness from a bottle of isopropyl

>he drinks store bought alcohol
How long does it take you to bring a man to orgasm with your mouth?

Being inbreed goat fuckers.

Yes. You know everclear is a brand name right? They produce a 190 and a 151 proof version.

Ill be right back. Gotta run to the store

How much is alcohol in NZ? Australia is the only country I've visited with more expensive alcohol than Sweden. The cheapest beers in Australia are 50% more expensive than the cheapest beers in Sweden, and imported shit quality European beer that costs 10 sek in Sweden (about 1.20 AUD) cost >5 AUD in Australia.

Yes, they sell 97.5% ABV products at normal liquor stores. I've seen it sold as both Everclear and Golden Grain.

A few states place a limit at 75%, which may explain why you're not familiar with it.

Same anywhere you dumb cunt. 750ml is normal for a bottle of spirits.

$16 a 6 pack of corona here
$36 for a 750ML of jack daniels

>Liquor is the same everywhere you stupid faggot
Untrue. In Germany it's common to find "export strength alcohol", which is impossible to find in Sweden. Export strength Bombay Sapphire is 47% while the one you get in Sweden (And in the UK I think) is 40%. The only alcohol that is higher than 40% in Sweden and readily available is cask strength whisky.

Holy kek hahaha fuckin leafs

Alcohol in America is sold n the gallon. A "fifth" is literally 1/5 of a gallon. A "handle" is a half gallon. My guess is they thought that selling liquor in the same quantity as milk is bad.

$20 a 6 pack of corona here
$42 for 700ml of jack daniels

Fuck you, leaf, you still got it good

Sadly, JD fetches pretty fucking high prices pretty much everywhere outside of the U.S. It has a reputation as a luxury whisky in Asian countries.

Not the opposite you've just lifted your standard too meet the rest of the world.

wish they would do that here. i could quit drinking at that price

How can you even get drunk with those prices? You can get a littre of not-so-bad wine for 2€ or a 75cl bottle of Pastis (45°) for 10€ here.

"In terms of whiskey, Australia is relatively expensive compared to other countries. A bottle of whiskey cost 26.58 U.S. Dollar compared to an average of 18.75 U.S. Dollar across countries. For vodka, Australia is relatively expensive. A price of a bottle of Smirnoff is 26.58 U.S. Dollar compared to an average of 14.8 U.S. Dollar in the other countries. Looking at beer prices, Australia is relatively inexpensive compared to the other countries. A six pack of Heineken beer sells for 12.92 U.S. Dollar and the average in other countries is 7.25 U.S. Dollar."

Fucking shit is terrible as far as bourbon goes. Literal trash water. There are so many better American bourbons.

Lmao wow

JD luxury,

In the words of my Korean mistress
"Stupid Asians "

We have 0.375, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0 litres for spirits, 0.7 only for wine
What's wrong?

My trip to the store confirms this. Oh well. Not like i need 190 proof. Ill stick with sailor jerry.

It doesnt stop with JD

Jesus Allah Buddha. My smoking and drinking habit until not too long ago would almost cost $100/day. Haha what the fuck. About $35 of the cost on that for the Jacks is tax.

.7 for wine pfft

Get on our level

In the States you can find overproof versions of nearly every type of booze, gin, vodka, whisky, bourbon at the local liquor store/gas station.

We have 3l boxes of wine, but it's usually of shit quality.

I can literally go buy a gallon of whatever I want right now. The same way there are 6, 12, 15, 18, and 30 packs of beer. Lol

That's because it's whisky not bourbon.

It legitimately is the worst bourbon imo, and I really like bourbon.

Yeah, ive had some baaaaad times with everclear. Wake up in strange places covered in puke, missing shoes, shirt, phone keys and wallet. Nothing makes a hangover worse than waking up lost. Cant say id reccomend everclear unles its being diluted down a lot. Sailor jerry is good shit though. I like the titty women inside the bottles.

they also sell it in half gallons and gallons.
so fuck you

>How can you even get drunk with those prices?
By spending half your pay in one weekend

>You can get a littre of not-so-bad wine for 2€
Yeah, we can get cheap bag wine (affectionately referred to as "goon") here, but nowhere near 2€. Tastes like shit, but decent if you're desperate.

>My smoking and drinking habit until not too long ago would almost cost $100/day. Haha what the fuck. About $35 of the cost on that for the Jacks is tax.
If you had that smoking and drinking habit here, you'd be flat broke. $100/day for smokes and drinks in the US would easily be >$300 here. It's a fucking rort.

Remember kids, Liquor before beer never fear. Beer before liquor, throw up quicker.

You can just get some good chop chop and slash the money you pay for smokes. But its never as good.

the most common sized bottle people buy is 750ml

As proper cigarettes.

>whine some more, bin that liquor

Bourbon is whiskey made in the US, ya fucking galah

Luckily I don't have to worry about doing that as I don't smoke, thankfully. Just realised how fucking expensive it is to smoke these days.

This

Fucking retards thinking JD is bourbon

>not making your own likker

>Bourbon is whiskey made in the USA

You're a fucking retard, bourbon is a whole different type of whiskey.

But it's still referred to as whiskey you genuine spastic

I had Guinness, then champagne, then whiskey the other day and I was great. Not even a hangover.

There are other types of whiskey made in the USA, bourbon is just one that HAS to me made here.

Again you're retarded

that Guinness sludge slowed down the alcohol absorption

The guy who they say is sailor jerry was a tattoo artist. He drew all those girls amd ships amd shit. Also when i was drinking a handle a day id have some wierd wake ups. In the woods. In other peoples houses. Fucking feilds. Fields are the worst. Not knowing how to get out. Puking in corn. Not wanting to jump because you already feel like shit.

hurr i'm mad for no reason durr

Are you really sure talking shit to a bunch of hillbillies making moonshine about being soft cunts is a good idea...

Genuinely want to see if kiwis can outdrink a moonshine 'merican

We have bigger bottles too.
also
sage

What's Sup Forums drinking to bring in the new year??

I have not drank heavily in a few months, but I think we are starting around 3 when the football games start?

6 pack of Bell's two hearted ale IPA, a case of piss beer, and splitting a bottle of henny. If I make it to 9 I'll be ecstatic. We have a party bus going downtown at 11 we are gonna trash that shit

Just saw that they were talking about Jack Daniels, my bad hombre. Usually I'm not that retarded, honest

>$16 a 6 pack of corona here

m8 I crunched the numbers, I get 15 tallboy cans of carlsberg for that at the grocery store.

Thats 15x440ml.

And I can get a half kilo of irish beef for 2 bucks

Yeah, alcohol can do funny things man. As a rule i stick with beer during the week, having to get up at 0430 every morning isnt compatible with drinking hard liquor. Granted on average i kill 80 oz of 8% malt beer a night, but at least its not the hard stuff.

Probably a 1/5 of sailor jerry and a six pack of budweiser for when i run out of rum. I dont know what everyone else will be drinking but thats what ill be drinking.

They can't, they think 42% alcohol is a big deal. My red neck uncle gives me moonshine every Xmas that's like 90% alcohol.

Also, he puts maraschino cherries in some of the jars, and you eat the cherries and get pretty lit up. Definitely recommend trying this

>IPA

Enjoy your man tits

Yeah here 5$ will get you drunker than you care to be if you arent a hard drinker. $2.50 for a 40. 2 of those is about my limit. 5 bucks a day, and drunk. Doesnt taste the.best, but thats not why im buying it.

I slowed down my drinking alot but if you ever swing by mass id be happy to show you around

Yes they sell it in stores. It's the main ingredient in my "guaranteed to get you laid margaritas"

>40s

What are nigger

Masshole

Not in my state sadly. Youre lucky

Negative. Grew up in Africa, then the deep south. Might have picked up a proclivity for malt liquor and marijuana along the way. Plus i like being thrifty.

What are you on about France?
I know your prices and you're more expensive.

>Irish beef
That some sort of euphemism?

Fuck yea and proud of it. Everyone from other states ive met were so noce except cali and new yahhhhk. We hate basically everyone. Thats why we all fit in so well here.

As long as everclear aint involved, ill holler at you m80

>he hasnt tried my north american trouser steak

Haha catch ya later Sup Forumsack

it works alright in norway, the stores (vinmonopolet) have a great selection, although its expensive, just like tobacco. a lot of people drive to sweden just to buy alchohol and tobacco.

theyre basically more efficient tall cans if you just wanna get drunk

its only nig-tier when that's your only beverage choice because they wont let you buy beer with EBT

Sometimes you only have money for a 5th. Other times you can get the gallon.

This guy gets it.

I have a bottle of 50% sippin shine. Shits great with iced tea.