If Jimmy the Gent is a psychopath, why does he care and cry about Tommy...

If Jimmy the Gent is a psychopath, why does he care and cry about Tommy, gives a large amount of tips and smiles and laughs a lot?

Is Jimmy really a psychopath?

>giving a large amount of tips and smiling+laughing a lot means you might not be a sociopath

It's his portrayal of a good guy, it's not genuine.

>anonymous faggots on Sup Forums think people diagnosed with ASPD can't be kind to others or laugh with them or be generous

(you)

Not an argument

I want this imbred silly faggot to leave!

where was it ever referenced in the movie that he was a psycho

But why does he cry and being angry over Tommy's death?

Explain that, you little bitch!

According to tvtropes, some Sup Forums thread and a couple of villians wiki.

Because he knew him since Tommy was a kid boosting cars and he knew Tommy was a good earner

To me, Jimmy cared more about $$$ than anything else

They were both totally mad and they were murderers dude.

so then he was never officially a psychopath
Tommy on the other hand was a psychopath

Because he's a psycho, not an autist.

So that means that psychopaths care about other psychopaths, right.

Jimmy was a psychopath.
Tommy was a sociopath.

So thats the reason why they care about each other, they were both mad.

Ehh no, Jimmy never really cared about the money. He did this all for the lulz and da kick.

He seems to genuie care about Tommy, despite being a psychopath.

Tommy was their link to the mob. As in he vouched for Jimmy. With Tommy dead their link becomes quite questionable, Jimmy becomes expendable because he's not "in".

Not that they were going to kill him but he's basically lost his protection if another boss were to move in on him for instance.

This is probably the best answer ITT as I forgot Jimmy and Henry were forever half-out of the mob since they were both half Irish

What did you mean by this?

Well part of it was because Tommy was about to be made. Neither Jimmy or Henry could be made cause they were half Irish, but Tommy being made was like the next best thing as they were kind of a team. Also he did grow up with the guy, even if he was a bit of a psycho that's probably going to stir some emotions.

You write like a teenager.

English is not my first languae.

Psychos feel emotions like anyone, particulary anger. They just have low inhibition and more or less lack empathy.
Robotic behaviour (like not smiling or laughing) is attributed to autism.

I read the book before the movie came out and jimmy was a total psychopath irl. Even the made mob guys were afraid of him.

You know when a kid cries about their ice cream? It's not because of a deep emotional connection to the ice cream, it's because they really like it.

Psychopaths can really like people, but if they get tired of that person, they won't care what happens to them. That's the difference. Psychopaths only care about other humans while those humans are entertaining and fun.

What movie is this shit?

Goodfellas, directed by Martin Scorsese.
Starring Robert Deniro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci.