Now I'm not rescinding my orders to you, son...

Now I'm not rescinding my orders to you, son. But when I get up there if I find there are extenuating circumstances I'm going to take that into account.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is a good movie
If you don't like this movie let me know so i can disregard further opinions.

>Now I'm not rescinding my orders to you, son. But when I get up there if I find there are extenuating circumstances I'm going to take that into account.

I didn't like it. I thought Nick Nolte's performance was the only good thing about it. It wastes a lot of time on bullshit, and it's extremely pretentious for something that has the supremely shallow messages of "war is bad" and "we're all human."

Nearly all of Malik's work is that way: too many "paintings" of nature, incredibly pretentious in its presentation, extremely clichéd themes without any sort of revolutionary insight.

All that being said, his new documentary looks amazing, and one wonders how vastly improved Malik's work would have been if he went more of a David Attenborough route

>pretentious

not an arugment
disregarded
post hidden.

GOD DAMMIT STAROS

One of few movies to really move me emotionally

>Woody Harrelson as Sgt. Keck
BRAVO MALICK

>war is bad

war is superfluous

That's not pretentious though

You see those vines, how they wrap around the trees, swallowing everything... nature is cruel, Staros!

War is a crime in of itself, only justified in the same way that killing a person in self-defense is acceptable

No, but the way it was presented was

Best 'nam movie by a mile

>The only Malick film that gets discussion is the plebbiest of them all

muh war xd

Did he do anything wrong?

No it's not though. It's presented earnestly. Malick expresses the exact amounts of beauty that he sees himself. There's nothing pretentious about his work, other than possibly the way he makes films without a script now as if he was better than planning ahead

The more free Malick becomes the better his films become senpai -

The Water will be coming! I promise you that!

I agree, which is why I said "possibly"

we read Homer at the Point, in Greek.

Eos rhododactylos - the rosy fingered dawn. You ever read Homer, Staros? We read Homer at the Point... in Greek!

In the eternal Director vs Actor divide I find myself erring overwhelmingly on the side of directors, but Malik's treatment of his actors is deplorable, especially given the rather mediocre final products he pieces together like mad Frankenstein in the editing room.

That alone is pretty fucking pretentious.

Malik is Nolan tier, which isn't to say he's terrible, but aside from one or two above-average works, he's about decent

>Malik is Nolan tier,
Fuck off to /lbg/ thread you pretentious faggot

Name which movies he's made which you think are mediocre

IF SOME OF THE MEN PASS OUT, THEN THEY'LL JUST HAVE TO PASS OUT! THEY'RE ALL TOUGH BOYS!

>Malik
Come on, lads, there's no reason to engage this retard

War is a continuation of politics by other means

Watched this for the third time last night, the way the movie was billed probably would've upset me if i had seen it in theaters when it first came out. Oh cool Woody Harrelson, John Travolta, and Adrien Brody are all in a Malick film.

And they all end up having about 3 minutes of screen time while the little guys who make up most of the movie are barely represented.

>Wehh

It'd probably be better to name the two that are good:
Tree of Life
Days of Heaven

Honorable Mention for the first 30 minutes of The New World

>1957 movie
>about milkshake slurping conceding apes

nah thanks

This was only an antithesis that Clausewitz deconstructed. Nobody every quotes the synthesis he arrived at.

>[War] is a fascinating trinity—composed of primordial violence, hatred, and enmity, which are to be regarded as a blind natural force; the play of chance and probability, within which the creative spirit is free to roam; and its element of subordination, as an instrument of policy, which makes it subject to pure reason.

In no way do these quotes, which I completely agree with, disagree with the political nature of war established by Clausewitz.

Typical nazi scum

My favorite of Malicks, and to this day one of Zimmers best scores.

youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA

bumping for justice