Why does Sup Forums do that thing where they pretend Dark Side isn't the best Floyd record?

Why does Sup Forums do that thing where they pretend Dark Side isn't the best Floyd record?

Actually, DSOTM is "too popular" for most of Sup Forums. People usually pick Animals as their favorite, or The Piper at the Gates of Dawn for a more contrarian choice

>not meddle

o i am laffin

Cause it's not

My favorite album was the one that Syd thought about doing. It was genius. You had to stand outside his window as he was sleeping to hear it psychic way. Really hard to hear now, with him dead and all.

I only really liked One Of These Days and Echoes. There rest was meh.

this

I remember middle school

Brain damage is pretty weak compared to the rest of the album, that's why.

Animals and WYWH on the other hand have no weak tracks at all.

DSOTM is great but I just prefer Animals
Animals > DSOTM > WYWH > Wall
Haven't bothered to listen to/haven't listened to the rest

Really? Brain Damage is one of my favorites from it along with Any Color You Like

Brain Damage and Eclypse arebthe best songs of the whole album.

Also:

ANIMALS>WYWH>MEDDLE>THE OTHERS

It's their most concise album I guess. At least from what I've heard. I'm only halfway through their discography.

DSOTM is a good record but it's not their best, and it's not contrarian to think so.

came here to say this

life is too short to debate which pink floyd album is the best.

he makes shitty music anyways

Awful. How people can sit through this uninspired, vapid, outdated turd (or anything else by them for that matter) and hail it as a "masterpiece" is beyond me. Hopefully in 20 years nobody will recognize these hacks as anything worth talking about.

TDSOTM isn't Meddle.

Piper>WYWH>Meddle>Animals>DSOTM>everything else

>outdated
Nice bait. Very few albums since have sounded this good technically.

>Very few albums since have sounded this good technically.
you have no idea what you mean by this

Explain

too overated

Nice bait.

Not an explanation.

Try again or fuck off

fucking parrot

Dark Side > The Wall > Wish You Were Here > Atom Heart Mother > Meddle > Animals

Haven't heard the rest desu

This is the correct patrician opinion.

Ummagumma is underrated. absolutely loved tripping to that album, save for the fucking furry animals song.

t. non musician

/thread
This, Meddle, or Pipers are all better.

>people haven't seen this on other posts
thanks Sup Forums

Meddle and Piper are on par with these tho

DUDE YOU HAVE TOT TALLY SMOK WEED TO GET IT

pink floyd provides cool stands

Trips confirm

i feel like dark side gets its grand sorta sound from the precise optimal of choir backings

ATOM HEART MOTHER!!!
I'm not contrarian, I'm just weird....and high on acid.

DUDE lmaooo

>high on acid xD *holds up spork*

Sure you are.

Woah, how did you purple text like that?

I like Dark Side, I just like Animals better.

obscured by clouds

On The Run, Time, Any Colour You Like, Brain Damage, and Eclipse are all 10/10 tracks but the rest of the album is a lot of meh to above average tracks.

WYWH > Piper = Ummagumma > Animals > DSOTM = The Wall

haven't listened to the rest, all floyd albums I've heard are at least an 8 though

>not at least liking Fearless

I could imagine that being quite the album on acid. Strong 8 for me

That track is great fuck off

I never get why people don't seem to enjoy The Great Gig in the Sky. Beautiful piece by Richard Wright improvised by Clare Tory in the studio. You can take it as either the pain of birth or the pain of death. Amazing track.

It got it from Alan parsons

Listening to the Great Gig is like your speakers are little audio penis factories slowly launching ethereal cocks to caress your ears and then suddenly starts violently fucking your ears but the good kind of violent like it hurts really good, and then slowly cums on the lobes, and goes its merry way.

not sure how I feel about these digits

checked and keked

>Several Species of Small Repeating Digits Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict

Because if it's the best Floyd record, then Floyd were never good and are irrelevant on a music board

KEK FLOYD

Brain Damage and Eclipse are just epic. In the not good way. They hardly wrote music for those. No motive. Just gives you chills at loud volumes. Anti-melodic garbage vocals that mostly just move with the chord changes.

One of the most fedora posts I've ever encountered here. I tip my pizza

>THAT'S THE DOG

sure is rebbit in here