Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

So basically I have a website, but I want to put a IP in search bar(eg:192.168.1.69) and enter into the website instead typing the url.

How can i do that?

Pic unrelated

Learn Apache/nginx, or whatever webserver your server use.

Btw your idea is fucking stupid, why would you even want to do that?

Well the Website ain't mine, just doing a friend favor. And I believe the website don't have a server too

>And I believe the website don't have a server too
Then it's not a fucking website.

Are you using shared hosting? If so, you wouldn't be able to do this.

I could give you the info to the website, if you want to help further

Do you have the IP adress of the website, or do you want to find that one out?

I'm not good in this area, I was just trying to get some help this.

I have the website, but you login info.

Can I send it over email?

Just ping the adress, right after that you'll have the IP adress.

I think I need to understand why on earth you would want to use the URL instead of a domain.

As you claim it's not on a server, I would assume you have no root access to the services hosting this website. So unless you setup either a proxy or a VPS, you are not going to accomplish this.

Get a cheap DigitalOcean VPS, and read some of their guides on how to setup a webserver. It will guide you to setup everything needed to have a website where you only put in the IP in the search bar to access the website.

>use the URL
Meant of course the IP.

Are there any reasons why you want to use the IP? If you want to setup your own domain for your website, that's a different process.

On my way to do that then.

So the thing is I put the link (anti.capital) but instead of that I just want to type (192.168.1.69), is that what you trying say? I'm a real faggot in this area sorry

No, I just want a dynamic IP not a static one.

I don't know my friend want to check the updates I'm making on the website with a IP, nothing especial thing tought

You can't check other people's local IP adresses

I assume you're using GoDaddy shared hosting?

If so, you can use their additional service for a dedicated IP for a monthly fee. See godaddy com /hosting/dedicated-ip

Still cheaper to just get a DigitalOcean VPS, which is less than GoDaddy's dedicated IP. But that's how they make money - taking advantage of you guys who have limited knowledge in this field.

Yes I know that

I don't know user, he said he logged in his router and did port forwarding or something like that.

Ok, so this is some home-hosted website shit.

We're back to what webserver is being used, and to learn how to set that up correctly. If he's behind a router, port 80 will also have to be forwarded correctly.

Just get a god damn VPS. You will need it eventually.

Good luck with this.

Can i talk to you over email? Thanks

I'm not going to be able to help any more at this point.

Use Google and read some guides from DigitalOcean, they're really helpful for beginners.

I can pay you for this.

I'm just tired and I'm afraid I can't do nothing much there.

For me it's just a simple thing, get a dynamic IP for the website then it's done, but I see there's a lot of effort to do it right?

Plus, the website is already done just needed some html/php changes but it can't go "live" cause my friend needs to check it first, and was just some ape who build the site for him he don't even know if the site have a server or not.

If you pay me in Bitcoin I will see what I can do tomorrow

Send me a email ([email protected]) b4 thread 404 please